The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey Uni 1 year placement year

Hi

I just recently received an offer from Surrey to study Business Economics :smile:. The one i applied for did not include the one year work placement or thick sandwich course as i think it was called, i was wondering whether if i could still go ahead and apply to take part in the 1 year work placement if i do decide to go to Surrey, provided that i get the right grades, or is it to late for me to do that now since i have applied for the non-placement course :frown:, i wasn't sure at the time that i was applying and i know i should have waited to make a more informed decision later, but i decided in the end to not go with it but now i realise that it would be a really good opportunity to take in between my course, so if anybody could let me know if it is still possible and how it could be done it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for any responses.
It should be possible, if you come to the University I think you'll need to fill out a form to change the course but there shouldn't be a reason why you shouldn't be able to, I'm sure you won't be the only one either.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by AG101
Hi

I just recently received an offer from Surrey to study Business Economics :smile:. The one i applied for did not include the one year work placement or thick sandwich course as i think it was called, i was wondering whether if i could still go ahead and apply to take part in the 1 year work placement if i do decide to go to Surrey, provided that i get the right grades, or is it to late for me to do that now since i have applied for the non-placement course :frown:, i wasn't sure at the time that i was applying and i know i should have waited to make a more informed decision later, but i decided in the end to not go with it but now i realise that it would be a really good opportunity to take in between my course, so if anybody could let me know if it is still possible and how it could be done it would be greatly appreciated.

Although there are different subject codes to apply to, the system was that everyone was enrolled on the 3 year course normally unless they secure a placement, in which case they move to the 4 year programme. There is no need to worry switching to a having a placement year should not be any hassle.
Original post by AG101
Hi

Congratulations on your offer! There should be no problem changing you over to include the year in industry - you'll just need to let your course director know when you make you decision and you'll be changed over on the system.

As a Surrey graduate myself, I really would recommend the year in industry! It's usually a fantastic experience and gives you a competitive edge for when you graduate.
Reply 4
Original post by The Beaver
Although there are different subject codes to apply to, the system was that everyone was enrolled on the 3 year course normally unless they secure a placement, in which case they move to the 4 year programme. There is no need to worry switching to a having a placement year should not be any hassle.

Original post by University of Surrey
Congratulations on your offer! There should be no problem changing you over to include the year in industry - you'll just need to let your course director know when you make you decision and you'll be changed over on the system.

As a Surrey graduate myself, I really would recommend the year in industry! It's usually a fantastic experience and gives you a competitive edge for when you graduate.

Original post by KiwiMonkey96
It should be possible, if you come to the University I think you'll need to fill out a form to change the course but there shouldn't be a reason why you shouldn't be able to, I'm sure you won't be the only one either.

Thanks! :biggrin: , i was a bit worried that i wouldnt be able to change but im glad to know its possible, a year in idustry during my course will be a great oppurtunity! and will be great for after graduation as said:smile:. Ill be attending the Surrey Applicant day in February so ill be sure to change around that time :smile:
Original post by AG101
Thanks! :biggrin: , i was a bit worried that i wouldnt be able to change but im glad to know its possible, a year in idustry during my course will be a great oppurtunity! and will be great for after graduation as said:smile:. Ill be attending the Surrey Applicant day in February so ill be sure to change around that time :smile:

Great to hear :smile: Hope you enjoy your visit in February - if you've got any questions just give us a shout!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending