The Student Room Group

NEW - Cyberbully - Did you watch it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WaywardWriter
True. But in the she didn't care about him posting the pictures anyways :tongue: Is it just me who was slightly confused by the ending?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, I just finished it and im confused
Reply 21
What part are you up to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Started watching when the voice/hacker starts posting pictures on her twitter and she takes the pills and finished it.
Original post by coolgirlaamy
Nope, I just finished it and im confused

I think the point were meant to get is that she disconnected from the online world. As the hacker was only relevant there and not in real life. Or something like that :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miscounted_time
Crap! I missed it. I had been waiting all week to watch it aswell :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.
I think the point were meant to get is that she disconnected from the online world. As the hacker was only relevant there and not in real life. Or something like that :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hm, sounds like a reasonable explanation.

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
I was slightly confused by the ending too, so I might re-watch it at some point when I am not so tired. But I really enjoyed it, and I think Maisie Williams is a great actress!
(edited 9 years ago)
How are so many people confused by the ending? What are you confused by?? It was pretty self-explanatory wasn't it.. :confused:
Original post by Tbx
Started watching when the voice/hacker starts posting pictures on her twitter and she takes the pills and finished it.

Yeah. The hacker gets a bit deluded after that point and starts threatening to post her nudes. He ends up posting megan's instead which she finds okay? :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah. The hacker gets a bit deluded after that point and starts threatening to post her nudes. He ends up posting megan's instead which she finds okay? :facepalm:

That's what the hacker was highlighting. People don't mind when other people suffer from hacking and will gladly search out hacked celebrity nudes etc but the second it is going to happen to you, people don't want it to happen. Similarly, she was fine with cyber bullying because everyone does it but the second it happens to her, she doesn't want it to happen. There's a disconnect between the bully and the victim with cyber bullying which makes the bully think what they are doing isn't that bad as they can't see the damage they're causing. You don't see the pain when you're just typing words on a screen but you definitely feel the pain if you're the victim when you read those words.
Reply 29

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok thanks! Surely when she closed her laptop, the hacker would just post her nudes as well? :confused:

Original post by TroyAndAbed
That's what the hacker was highlighting. People don't mind when other people suffer from hacking and will gladly search out hacked celebrity nudes etc but the second it is going to happen to you, people don't want it to happen. Similarly, she was fine with cyber bullying because everyone does it but the second it happens to her, she doesn't want it to happen. There's a disconnect between the bully and the victim with cyber bullying which makes the bully think what they are doing isn't that bad as they can't see the damage they're causing. You don't see the pain when you're just typing words on a screen but you definitely feel the pain if you're the victim when you read those words.

I think your right, however on twitter people seemed to think covering up webcams instead of not bullying was the message.
Original post by Jeanlucpicard
Will you be watching Cyberbully?

I meant to, even though watching Arya Stark using the internet is a bit weird, but I totally forgot! Did you watch it? Was it any good?
Reply 31
Original post by mikeyd85
I meant to, even though watching Arya Stark using the internet is a bit weird, but I totally forgot! Did you watch it? Was it any good?

It was extremely weird as a program, but altogether it was actually really gripping and I would definitely recommend for you to watch it. Some areas of it may seem a bit disturbing, but it really opens your eyes to the effects of cyber-bullying..scary stuff! :eek:
Original post by Jeanlucpicard
It was extremely weird as a program, but altogether it was actually really gripping and I would definitely recommend for you to watch it. Some areas of it may seem a bit disturbing, but it really opens your eyes to the effects of cyber-bullying..scary stuff! :eek:

Excellent. I'll try have a watch on Sunday - that's when I'm most likely to be on the net (aside from mobile) again. Our lass doesn't have the internet at home... It's difficult!
Reply 33
Original post by mikeyd85
Excellent. I'll try have a watch on Sunday - that's when I'm most likely to be on the net (aside from mobile) again. Our lass doesn't have the internet at home... It's difficult!

I see :tongue: Well definitely give it a watch yeah! Have a nice weekend! :biggrin:
she dies at the end, spoiler alert?
Will be watching tomorrow!
really enjoyed AND that's saying something since most of the British TV movies I've seen are terrible. This one was totally worth it though. Arya stark can act
Wow, that was so incredible!
It was about 30s away from being turned off for being ****ing retarded, but in the end it was ok. 6/10
I thought it was going to be a realistic documentary on the dangers of cyberbullying, and whilst it did display this a little, it mostly seemed very far fetched and ridiculous. Seems like the kind of programme we'd be made to watch in a PSHE lesson at school to worry us. 3/10.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest