The Student Room Group

What is your motivation to revise?

Sooo currently sitting mock exams and I tend to do long stints revising. But talking to other classmates sitting A Levels they don't seem to have the motivation I do to revise and succeed!!

I feel guilty if I'm not revising which motivates me.

Also if I get AAA I get an extra £2000 scholarship so that's motivation.

I stick quotes on my wall and results sheets.

But I remember in Year 9 doing my first Maths GCSE I had a David Tennant autograph which I stuck on my wall to motivate me haha! #weird!

What about everyone else? What motivates you to get through revision?

Scroll to see replies

Guilt that stops me sleeping. If I build up enough guilt then I can get one day's work done. Also I want to prove to myself that I am capable of AAB if I put the effort in.
(edited 9 years ago)
Revising right now lol! and the awful thought that I will amount to nothing if I don't do well, I'm not even going to pretend I don't let exam results define me.
avoiding a repeat of last year. i realise i could have worked much harder and smarter after college hours last year and am determined to get into the university of my choice this time around! The thought of not doing well and essentially wasting a gap year is what ultimately motivates me, as i would never forgive myself for not working whenever possible!!!
I have little real friends.
My hobbies and love of comics is going.
Wrestling is just stupid now.
Every night I come home and speak to no one.

The past year has taken that from me for various reasons.

It sure as hell will NOT take my education. No chance, funnily enough being an outcast has its perks. Here's an example of Thursday.
Came home at 16:30, had dinner. Watched both simpsons on C4 then revised from 18:30 till 20:00. Not a lot but don't forget I've only started unit two and I've got little work. I'm going back to Unit one tonight so alls good.
Simply put, I don't have much in life at the moment. The money I get from my part-time job just collects and all I do is read books.
:0 now you say it, my life is crap!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you guys have more of that motivation?

Where may I acquire it?
I look at cars online and rightmove.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure how to get it.
I just came home one day and thought...
Instead of doing nothing. Do some work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by vee_wuvshugs

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I love this response!
In all honestly that is the best motivation :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by TitanCream
I have little real friends.
My hobbies and love of comics is going.
Wrestling is just stupid now.
Every night I come home and speak to no one.

The past year has taken that from me for various reasons.

It sure as hell will NOT take my education. No chance, funnily enough being an outcast has its perks. Here's an example of Thursday.
Came home at 16:30, had dinner. Watched both simpsons on C4 then revised from 18:30 till 20:00. Not a lot but don't forget I've only started unit two and I've got little work. I'm going back to Unit one tonight so alls good.
Simply put, I don't have much in life at the moment. The money I get from my part-time job just collects and all I do is read books.
:0 now you say it, my life is crap!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah but I guess your motivation is getting to uni and improving your life!! That's often mine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vee_wuvshugs

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
motivational videos on youtube do the job for me every now and then.
sometimes i even watch people get their results and aim to be that happy in the summer. :smile:
Reply 12
50% is guilt that i dont work enough.
50% is feeling that my friends work so much harder that i should put work in.
Looking at things that are unobtainable to me a the moment (Penthouses, hypercars) and realising I have the ability to obtain all these things if merely read my books.
To avoid my average gcse performance and achieve AAAA this year:smile: So that next year I'm not like "oh wow I wish I tried in year 12 and got better grades"
I have a place at my dream uni and I'll hate myself forevermore if I don't get in!
Also, personal pride.
Also, my teachers would stab me if I got less than A*AAA.
Reply 16
nothing motivates me
Great thread

Someone tell me if I'm doing this wrong

I am in year 11 is it too early to start revising for my gcse exams
Reply 18
I only revise maths cos I need A* in maths and FM.
Have not done a single bit of physics or chemistry since December for mocks.
I wish I did a lot more revision in year12 but am not fixing that much this year loool
i can only stand 2 hours revision after school now cos it gets boring.
Reply 19
Original post by paradoxicalme
I have a place at my dream uni and I'll hate myself forevermore if I don't get in!
Also, personal pride.
Also, my teachers would stab me if I got less than A*AAA.

I got offers to my dream unis and thought that would motivate me but it didn't as much.
The only motivation I have is to not fail.

Quick Reply

Latest