The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GandalfWhite
Well it does mean that you are not obviously no longer worth considering in which you will not get the 4 week email but a rejection instead. It does actually mean you are still in the running and that is good, right?

Yeh of course your still in the running. However those with the very best personal statements would've been given an offer within the standard 8 weeks. It's just that you guys getting these extra delays don't have a dreadful ps, nor a fantastic ps.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
has anyone got the 4 week email for actuarial science?
Original post by PAPADAPADOPOLOUS
Yeh of course your still in the running. However those with the very best personal statements would've been given an offer within the standard 8 weeks. It's just that you guys getting these extra delays don't have a dreadful ps, nor a fantastic ps.

Not obviously out. Still in with a chance. It is still a numbers game and if there are enough places these will be given offers .... depending on where the cutoff point is and if you are above or below that cutoff point.

At this juncture I will speculate that Admissions want to see if there are any last minute super duper candidate who will start bumping others down. If there are not then you are in. If some candidate show up with great predicted grades and a great PS then it may affect some on the borderline.

Also, the Oxbridge offers and decisions are being finalised soon and this will also help Admissions finalise the number of available places.
(edited 9 years ago)
are the rejections or offers by email or ucas???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beardedlondoner
are the rejections or offers by email or ucas???

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got rejected through UCAS...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got rejected too mate 😭😭
applied on october 5 and still no answer....aaarrrggghhhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2287
Any government and economics or straight economics rejections today?
Reply 2288
Today was the end of my 8+4+2 week.. I should have heard back but I haven't? I REALLY REALLY want to go to LSE :frown: do they send out decisions on Monday as well as Thurs/ Fri?
Original post by jamesmact
Got rejected just now for law :frown: Durham remains my top choice so I'm still hopeful! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sorry mate :frown: Good luck for Durham! Were you in your 8 week period or extra 4 week? Law applicant here too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Passed the dreaded Friday :redface:
well they have now received ALL applications abd should be able to wrap this up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PAPADAPADOPOLOUS

not true.

I got an offer for one course now waiting for another. Both same PS.

Inaccurate to imply that people waiting have 'not dreadful, nor fantastic ps'.

You haven't seen their applications.
Original post by sneakbo2
Got rejected too mate ������������

what course :frown:
Original post by PrincessAlexis
what course :frown:

accounting and finance
Reply 2295
Original post by ooftar
So I just got rejected a week after the 4 week email ������������... I got the rejection through UCAS and not an email from the UG admissions department. Did anyone else get rejected like this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

what course?:frown:
Original post by ooftar
So I just got rejected a week after the 4 week email ������������... I got the rejection through UCAS and not an email from the UG admissions department. Did anyone else get rejected like this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really sorry about that.. May I ask what course you applied to ?
Original post by avar
Any government and economics or straight economics rejections today?
Haven't seen any here as yet. Is it really one of the hardest course to get into?
Reply 2298
Original post by Ashklins
Haven't seen any here as yet. Is it really one of the hardest course to get into?

Yeah. 600 applicants for 40 places. It is the London School of Economics and Political Science after all. Given that I wrote my PS for History and Economics, I'm surprised I'm still in the running! Are you also a GandE applicant?
Original post by avar
Yeah. 600 applicants for 40 places. It is the London School of Economics and Political Science after all. Given that I wrote my PS for History and Economics, I'm surprised I'm still in the running! Are you also a GandE applicant?
Yup. Mine is economics and politics in context with history so they all tie together well I think. My case is really weird I kind of withdrew from the course and then in December right before Christmas holidays, the head Admissions Manager emailed me that they still want to consider me etc so it's really strange.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending