The Student Room Group

Blacks what is your experiences with racism

at nightclubs and festivals?
How many times if any have you been turned away from clubs or festivals.
remember one time i went to one party in essex think it was loughton and one of my mates decided to bring a black guy with him.
as we got to the door the bouncer said you guys can come in but he cant pointing at the black guy.
Another time was at mayfair i was behind a group of blacks and the bouncer said "not tonight lads" lol.
Theres was one time at work also where a colleague told me he paid hotel money,ticket prices,train prices got to the festival and they wouldnt let him and his friend go in even though he had the tickets.
What is your experience.
Asians you can get involved as well as you are brown.
You might experience it as well.

Scroll to see replies

also if you keep getting turned away why do you keep going?
not being racist btw but wouldn't it be better just to go to black raves?
saves the blood pressure from rising lol
Reply 2
blacks?!
Reply 3
I have never experienced any racism. However being quite good looking coupled with being muscular that could be a reason why.

Closest thing to it was with an asian girl I was dating. She said she could not go official as her parents are strict on only allowing only asian boyfriends.
(edited 9 years ago)
Nope
Reply 5
Original post by matthewduncan

Are you casually being racist?
remember one time i went to one party in essex think it was loughton and one of my mates decided to bring a black guy with him.
as we got to the door the bouncer said you guys can come in but he cant pointing at the black guy.
Another time was at mayfair i was behind a group of blacks and the bouncer said "not tonight lads" lol.
Theres was one time at work also where a colleague told me he paid hotel money,ticket prices,train prices got to the festival and they wouldnt let him and his friend go in even though he had the tickets.
What is your experience.

I've been out in loughton once and one thing I noticed is that there are almost zero black people there.
Original post by Bishoy
Are you casually being racist?

not at all.
Im being serious.
if you keep getting turned away surely its best to stop going
Original post by Black Cat
I've been out in loughton once and one thing I noticed is that there are almost zero black people there.

yeah compared to london you might as well say there are no black people lol
Reply 9

With all our good stereotypes (well facts(in my case anyway)) in the bedroom department, I'd love to be the only black guy. All that curiosity from the ladies... yum yum.
Original post by marco14196
I believe the OP actually means the word "coloured" instead of just outright black in reference to the people he is describing.

Coloured?!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6132672.stm
I believe the OP actually means the word "coloured" instead of just outright black in reference to the people he is describing.

I'm pretty sure the correct word would be "black" ... isn't "coloured" a racially offensive term?
Original post by IanDangerously
I'm pretty sure the correct word would be "black" ... isn't "coloured" a racially offensive term?

I don't bloody know anymore. Is there a correct term to use anymore. What the hell are we meant to use. Its why I don't really look at peoples colour anymore, I look at nationality. Whats the ok one to use. I'll go with black then, whatever is least offensive
Original post by iAmanze
With all our good stereotypes (well facts(in my case anyway)) in the bedroom department, I'd love to be the only black guy. All that curiosity from the ladies... yum yum.

I'd prefer to be around more black people as I can relate to them more but being the only black guy isn't so bad either. At least you stand out.

Lol...

No.
Reply 15
not at all.
Im being serious.
if you keep getting turned away surely its best to stop going

-1st of all people are not all the same so you never know if you'll be turned away or not.
-Secondly, you asking the question 'why would you still go if you keep getting turned away' shows that it's "okay" to be discriminated against. It also shows that just because there are a couple of racist blokes out there, black people shouldn't just do whatever they want which is completely wrong.
-Finally, I am not black but for some reason I find this thread really offensive.
I don't bloody know anymore. Is there a correct term to use anymore. What the hell are we meant to use. Its why I don't really look at peoples colour anymore, I look at nationality. Whats the ok one to use. I'll go with black then, whatever is least offensive

I'd rather be called "black" than "coloured" it just sounds so weird whenever someone says it. That term got banned not long ago. However OP could of rephrased the title.
I'd rather be called "black" than "coloured" it just sounds so weird whenever someone says it. That term got banned not long ago. However OP could of rephrased the title.

Well I know not to use coloured again. It does sound odd saying it when you think about it, it makes it seem taboo and has negative connotations.
What is your experience.

I have actually never experienced any racism when going clubbing. But i have had women left, right and center you know....cuz im so ridiculously good looking.
Reply 19
Original post by JamesNeedHelp2
I have actually never experienced any racism when going clubbing. But i have had women left, right and center you know....cuz im so ridiculously good looking.

My looks is something that I know I am good in. I have looked at 1,000 mirrors in every angle imaginable. I have measured my face, my nose - width ratio, ect... I have studied what makes people attractive, analyzed my face to painstaking detail.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending