The Student Room Group

Need to break up with Boyfriend but his Birthday is soon

I need to break up officially with my Boyfriend. BUT his Brithday is on the 28th..

What should I do? Break up now a week before or let him enjoy his Birthday and break up one/two weeks after?

And I don't need advice on whether to break up or not, he'll understand why it's kinda happened already but I need to officially do it & now have anything to do with him ASAP .. BUT I want to do it at a appropriate time, because officially breakup will still hurt his feelings and give him a memory of a crappy birthday ..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
guys don't care about this stuff
Original post by Anonymous
I need to break up officially with my Boyfriend. BUT his Brithday is on the 28th..

What should I do? Break up now a week before or let him enjoy his Birthday and break up one/two weeks after?

And I don't need advice on whether to break up or not, he'll understand why it's kinda happened already but I need to officially do it & now have anything to do with him ASAP .. BUT I want to do it at a appropriate time, because officially breakup will still hurt his feelings and give him a memory of a crappy birthday ..

Just do it now. There's no point sticking around if you don't wanna be with him.
Reply 3
Just do it.

Anything else is lying and deceitful.
Reply 4
... and if you don't do it before his birthday, you can't do it just after. Then 2 weeks later it's St Valentine's Day. So that means you have to wait until at least March. And then it's nearly Easter holidays...
Reply 5
Break up with him now and give him his present in the mail.
Break up with him now so you don't have to buy him a present.
Make like Nike and just do it.
Plus, his bday is 3 days after my sisters (fun fact)
Reply 8
birthday bj don't be cruel
Reply 9
It's an irrelevance so you might as well save a birthday present.
Original post by Simes
... and if you don't do it before his birthday, you can't do it just after. Then 2 weeks later it's St Valentine's Day. So that means you have to wait until at least March. And then it's nearly Easter holidays...

Fair point tbh... could do it a week after :/

Original post by poohat
guys don't care about this stuff

You don't know the situation & he will ok.

Original post by louieee
birthday bj don't be cruel

Lmao.

Original post by Ndella
Break up with him now and give him his present in the mail.

Original post by tengentoppa
Break up with him now so you don't have to buy him a present.

It's not even about the present buying tbh....

Original post by JackBlack
Just do it now. There's no point sticking around if you don't wanna be with him.

I like him and he likes me, something happened with was out of our control and it caused us to breakup without actually saying we broke up, but we still meet&talk, kiss etc BUT really I need to put a stop to all it, after what happened so I need to officially break up .

Original post by Simes
Just do it.

Anything else is lying and deceitful.

Read what I said to JackBlack :biggrin:
Original post by Aria Enoshima
Make like Nike and just do it.
Plus, his bday is 3 days after my sisters (fun fact)

That's nice.
Go to his birthday and give him a birthday card with a note in it that says, 'We're finished mate'. Also don't forget to give him a box of chocolates and flowers with it.
Original post by Zarek
It's an irrelevance so you might as well save a birthday present.

Haven't even thought of what to give him yet LMAO.

Idk what to do, break up a week after or now...
Reply 14
I broke up with my ex a week before Christmas...

I took him to Taste of Chaos at Wembley though and he saw his favourite band a few days before I dumped him so it was like a consolation present.

Bit awkward when he gave me my already bought present a few days after we broke up though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RotatingPhasor
Go to his birthday and give him a birthday card with a note in it that says, 'We're finished mate'. Also don't forget to give him a box of chocolates and flowers with it.

No that's cruel and not appropriate in this situation..

Actually in ANY situation breaking up with someone on their Birthday is just not appropriate AT ALL imo, if they did something bad to you, then I could understand, but me personally even if someone cheated on me I would break up maybe two days before or after the birthday...

Just my opinion
Reply 16
I like him and he likes me, something happened with was out of our control and it caused us to breakup without actually saying we broke up, but we still meet&talk, kiss etc BUT really I need to put a stop to all it, after what happened so I need to officially break up .
It sounds like you don't really want to break up so don't.
Reply 18
Haven't even thought of what to give him yet LMAO.

Idk what to do, break up a week after or now...

I would go for now as post break up he will reflect you were being hypocritical celebrating with him and feel even more bitter. An ex of mine gave me an Xmas present with a label saying 'love always' on the evening she dumped me. Wtf..
Original post by Alarae
I broke up with my ex a week before Christmas...

I took him to Taste of Chaos at Wembley though and he saw his favourite band a few days before I dumped him so it was like a consolation present.

Bit awkward when he gave me my already bought present a few days after we broke up though...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ouch & yeah the consolation present.

Hmmm.... idk we already have broke up without saying but we still meet each-other kiss bc we like each-other ( something out of our control caused us to break up , actually we broke up on the 22nd December) BUT after what happened I need to put a stop to it, dunno whether to leave it like a week after the Birthday or just do it now

I was going to dump him today but that plan got ruined...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending