The Student Room Group

UK police to step up patrols of Jewish areas amid 'heightened concern'

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/16/uk-police-patrols-jewish-areas-heightened-concern

Thoughts? I think it's incredibly sad that we have to do this but I'm not surprised that Jews are getting increasingly worried about their own safety. Hopefully here in the UK it won't get to the point where we're having to actually have armed guards inside Jewish schools or synagogues or inside the offices of newspaper outlets, but with the increased thread from Islamic terrorism it wouldn't surprise me if we did.

Scroll to see replies

Such a peaceful religion.
Original post by generic_man
http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/16/uk-police-patrols-jewish-areas-heightened-concern

Thoughts? I think it's incredibly sad that we have to do this but I'm not surprised that Jews are getting increasingly worried about their own safety. Hopefully here in the UK it won't get to the point where we're having to actually have armed guards inside Jewish schools or synagogues or inside the offices of newspaper outlets, but with the increased thread from Islamic terrorism it wouldn't surprise me if we did.

Pretty much every Jewish school and lots of synagogues in the UK have had security guards for years. Arming them would not be any stretch of the imagination at all.
Original post by Harvey Dent
Such a peaceful religion.

I don't remember the last time any Jews caused trouble in Britain.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by spurs9393
I don't remember the last time any Jews caused trouble in Britain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, and they're not. It's Islamic Fundamentalists, as per.
Reply 5
Really odd these anti-semtic attacks. I know a lot of Jewish people and they're really peaceful and integrated and there's no radicalist segment. Really odd.
No, and they're not. It's Islamic Fundamentalists, as per.

Agreed. Thought you were being sarcastic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RlZionistNews
I'm not blaming every Jewish person but Jews need to understand why there is this hatred of them. A large amount of this comes from the Muslim community who see Jews as being the West and you can't tell me that our leaders aren't Zionists when they all admit it. West is corrupt and this establish some far-right parties talk about exists. America is by far the worst, while Jews only make up around 1.8% of the US population every aspect of American power is Jewish. There is also anti-Semitism from European people like myself who are mad at hell at what the Jews are doing to us and other people. You know Jews in their history never intergrated and hardly intermixed with European people. How long have Jews been without a homeland again? They associate racial purity with Nazi's, but Jews are huge on genetics and boast about their Jewish genetic superiority when willing nobel prizes. Yet who pushes race mixing of White people? Jews! Who came up with this multicultural melting pot? Jews! Jews, or at least their self appointed leaders decided that once they gained Israel, they would destroy our homeland.How can Jews destroy an entire race? Destroy the fabric of society and corrupt us. Destroy the family unit that results in a dying aging population, then flood our countries with mass immigration that further destroys the White population and replaces it. This is why I say multiculturalism is a tactic of White genocide

Haha, wow.
Original post by spurs9393
Agreed. Thought you were being sarcastic

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I was, but about Islam. I see the confusion though.
Oh I was, but about Islam. I see the confusion though.

In that case I completely agree with you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SugarMcGee
Are you blind? they openly admit on camera that it's a tactic of genocide. It's Jews who push multiculturalism while they have Israel for Jews only. Wikimedia the multicultural melting pot. You probably support the genocide of White people given all Jews have done is defame White's, largely for crimes their people got rich from like slavery.

Meh, I'm not too bothered about the genocide of the white race. They had a good run.
Reply 11
It isn't just muslim loonies, it's white supremacist loonies too (perhaps not as immediately but nonetheless a threat on the horizon)
It'd be nice to have protection for mosques too.
Original post by Ibn Fulaan

Protection from whom?

Also, it's in poor taste to come to a thread about the increased threat to Jews and whine "but what about meeeeeeee?!?!"
(edited 9 years ago)
Protection from whom?

Also, it's in poor taste to come to a thread about the increased threat to Jews and whine "but what about meeeeeeee?!?!"

Far right.

It's a fact that there have been many Islamaphobic attacks in Britain in the wake of the Paris Attack.

I don't believe so. I could have opened a new thread to do it but hey, this is an open discussion forum so i'll just post here instead.
Far right.

It's a fact that there have been many Islamaphobic attacks in Britain in the wake of the Paris Attack.

I don't believe so. I could have opened a new thread to do it but hey, this is an open discussion forum so i'll just post here instead.

Did the far-right recently kill Muslims in a halal market? Was there are a large crackdown on far-right terrorists across Europe just this morning? Is there a credible threat of a far-right attack against mosque worshippers? Have the far-right shown an ability to carry out terrorist attacks against Muslims with multiple casualties?

Muslims getting beaten up or harassed just for being Muslim is terrible, but it doesn't warrant the same level of protection.
Reply 16
The police are the oppressors of free speech.
Did the far-right recently kill Muslims in a halal market? Was there are a large crackdown on far-right terrorists across Europe just this morning? Is there a credible threat of a far-right attack against mosque worshippers? Have the far-right shown an ability to carry out terrorist attacks against Muslims with multiple casualties?

Muslims getting beaten up or harassed just for being Muslim is terrible, but it doesn't warrant the same level of protection.

Yeah i think it's best to let the firebombing and harassment to continue until we do have a bodycount.
Yeah i think it's best to let the firebombing and harassment to continue until we do have a bodycount.

Way to miss the point entirely. :borat: But your blind, transparent self-interest and attempts to make your religion seem like the victim when it's actually the perpetrator are quite amusing so keep it up!

If a specific threat is made against them, they will be. There's no hidden agenda here.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending