The Student Room Group

Blacks what is your experiences with racism

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pocahontas lol
There's so many black cats n dogs in here, I don't know which way to turn. :colone: *sheds n purrs*

Im sorry, i have a girlfriend, young lady. :frown:
Original post by JamesNeedHelp2
Im sorry, i have a girlfriend, young lady. :frown:

:lolwut: You don't truly think I'm hitting on you, do you? Does that happen here? You're far too young for me, boy. :s-smilie:
Original post by Black Cat
I'd rather be called "black" than "coloured" it just sounds so weird whenever someone says it. That term got banned not long ago. However OP could of rephrased the title.

Yeah, "coloured" is a big no. OP should have said "black people" rather than just "Blacks".
:lolwut: You don't truly think I'm hitting on you, do you? Does that happen here? You're far too young for me, boy. :s-smilie:

Im not a boy, i am a MAN. A man, who isnt scared of telling horny women like yourself, that i am already taken when they pursue me.

Now stop it.
Original post by SophiaLDN
Yeah, "coloured" is a big no. OP should have said "black people" rather than just "Blacks".

What wrong with saying blacks?
Im not a boy, i am a MAN. A man, who isnt scared of telling horny women like yourself, that i am already taken when they pursue me.

Now stop it.

You've been on here too long. A, you're not even my cuppa. B, I mess with everyone, especially the ones who look soft such as yourself. C, you're a boy. D, I'm not horny. At least not right now, I'm not :colone:
You've been on here too long. A, you're not even my cuppa. B, I mess with everyone, especially the ones who look soft such as yourself. C, you're a boy. D, I'm not horny. At least not right now, I'm not :colone:

hahaha, i dont know what to make out of this anymore. Im like 25, hardly makes me a boy. Im black, i cant be soft. I dont care wether you are horny or not, the sight of you abhors me. Good Bye.

This message is hidden because JamesNeedHelp2 is on your ignore list.
Original post by Adipoptosis
What about afro-caribbean-person - thats what I call black people generally.

'Black people' will do.
I've never ever been turned away from a club or festival, and I've been partying in England, Scotland and Australia. Didn't even realise that was even a thing, being turned away for being black :erm:, but I guess it wouldn't surprise me if it did happen in some places.
'blacks..' in a thread title lol

yes !! I'm white, but I think the word 'coloured' is very derogatory. I can't really explain how very well.
Original post by 7589200
blacks?!

Yeah, I can't really explain why but I hate when people write/say that.

OT: I live in London so never experienced the club thing, no.

Have had a couple racist experiences, but you learn to build up a thick skin when it comes to these things. Just remember, they're looking for an angry response. Don't give them what they want, but don't just accept it either.
(edited 9 years ago)
I've been out at times and been the only white guy. Because of that I always approach the bouncer first incase he didn't let my blacks in.
Original post by Catholic_
I've been out at times and been the only white guy. Because of that I always approach the bouncer first incase he didn't let my blacks in.

Cringe.
What wrong with saying blacks?

I find it very rude. Why would you just refer to people as just "blacks" or "the blacks"? What's the hurry that you can't say black people/ black person/man/woman?

Original post by beyknowles
yes !! I'm white, but I think the word 'coloured' is very derogatory. I can't really explain how very well.

I know right!

Original post by Catholic_

You have friends?
(edited 9 years ago)
I find it very rude. Why would you just refer to people as just "blacks" or "the blacks"? What's the hurry that you can't say black people/ black person/man/woman?

I know right!

You have friends?

Oh i see.:smile:
I have so many..
one time in the city center a tall white guy punched me in the back and told be to buy a passport,
another time me and my friend got called gorillas in a store lol couldnt believe that one, also i got so much in primary bc it was a white school
(live in manchester btw)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by matthewduncan
also if you keep getting turned away why do you keep going?
not being racist btw but wouldn't it be better just to go to black raves?
saves the blood pressure from rising lol

are you serious
Not black, but did witness daily racism at my Secondary school to black people that went totally unpunished.

One time the hockey team were going to an away game in the Winter in a coach. It got dark and the lights blew out in the coach and people started shouted things like "Smile so we can see you" etc. The PE teacher heard and just laughed instead of doing anything. Just one incidents of many really, terrible school

Quick Reply