The Student Room Group

100% serious thread - WOUld you boycott your favourite food for life for 15 grand?

theo walcott

Scroll to see replies

Yes. I can't actually think of a favourite food, though.
can I boycott it, make other people eat it, kill them and then scoop it out of their insides?
I love cheese too much so no.
No because that would mean going without all seafood, I won't do that for any amount of money.
Reply 5
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
can I boycott it, make other people eat it, kill them and then scoop it out of their insides?

if you must
Reply 6
Original post by lyrical_lie
I love cheese too much so no.

your favourite food is cheese? how much cheese do you consume in an average day/week?
Original post by og.east
your favourite food is cheese? how much cheese do you consume in an average day/week?

Cheese in things, usually in pasta and with crackers. And a lot less than I used to now that I'm trying to lose weight. I can only have 40g of reduced fat cheese a day or milk.
Reply 8
15k? Hell no, that's way too low.

5 million, then we can start negotiating.
Reply 9
Original post by Another
15k? Hell no, that's way too low.

5 million, then we can start negotiating.

look this was supposed to be a serious thread. if you're incapable of taking part without being facetious you know exactly where the door is.
Original post by og.east
look this was supposed to be a serious thread. if you're incapable of taking part without being facetious you know exactly where the door is.

I am being serious

I wouldn't give up my favourite food for life, for a penny under 5 million pounds. 15k is a rip off, you can make that sort of money in a matter of months in the work force.
Reply 11
Original post by Another
I am being serious

I wouldn't give up my favourite food for life, for a penny under 5 million pounds. 15k is a rip off, you can make that sort of money in a matter of months in the work force.

you can do a lot of things with 15 grand. if someone sat down in front of you, nude, with 15 thousand pounds you'd realise just how much money it is.

what's your favourite food?
Easily.
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
No because that would mean going without all seafood, I won't do that for any amount of money.
But when you're broke and realise that you turned down 15 grand for a bit of fish :laugh:
Will I get 15K for life? :smile:
Each yr, 15k, yes.
Reply 15
Original post by pocahontas lol
Will I get 15K for life? :smile:
Each yr, 15k, yes.

it'd be a one off payment, pocahontas. 15k lump sum. tax free.
Original post by og.east
you can do a lot of things with 15 grand. if someone sat down in front of you, nude, with 15 thousand pounds you'd realise just how much money it is.

what's your favourite food?

15 grand is equivalent to say, 3 months (or less) of hard work. You're telling me that I should sacrifice thai green curry with extra ginger, for the equivalent of 3 month's labour. No thanks.
Reply 17
Only £15k? Add a few more zeros and then we'll talk.
Reply 18
Original post by Another
15 grand is equivalent to say, 3 months (or less) of hard work. You're telling me that I should sacrifice thai green curry with extra ginger, for the equivalent of 3 month's labour. No thanks.

i can state with 99% certainty that YOU do not make 15 grand in 3 months.
Original post by og.east
i can state with 99% certainty that YOU do not make 15 grand in 3 months.

Well no, this place is called "The Student Room" for a reason

Once I graduate, £60k a year is more than feasible. And I have enough money now for student life anyway... I mean, if you can't eat thai green curry, then what is life?

Quick Reply

Latest