The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Loads of "popular girls" in my school are generally nice but unfortunately some are like that and tbh they should do better then that.
Reply 2
how old are these females you are talking about OP?
Reply 3
and some are like my age 13/14 which is worse
Hm, you sound like either you've been rejected by a 'popular hot girl' and so you're pissed off, or you want to be one of them. Or maybe a bit of both.
Putting aside the fact that there are plenty of intelligent, "popular" girls out there, it could be explained by competition. If you are attractive (assuming "popular" to equate to that) then guys will come up to you and hit on you, regardless of your conversation; thus one does not need to develop those skills.

For us mere mortals we rely more on our personality. For instance I rely on my wit far more than my looks. But that is because my looks could not support me alone.
Reply 6
Original post by *pitseleh*
Hm, you sound like either you've been rejected by a 'popular hot girl' and so you're pissed off, or you want to be one of them. Or maybe a bit of both.

This. :rofl:
Reply 7
Original post by *pitseleh*

Lol.
Reply 8
Simple.

Think of it like this. If you had £10m on birth would you work? Probably not.

If she has 10/10 in looks would she need to cultivate a personality to be loved? No. So will she? Most likely not.
Reply 9
because they grow up and dont need to form a personality to get attention from parents or relatives they just have to look cute and then they grow up and dont feel the need to be interesting because they are so absorbed by their own looks and others accept them based on their loooks.
sucks
Yeah but they're still hot and that's really all that matters.
Original post by Anonymous
Seriously they seem to have no personality or intelligence and no interests other than getting drunk on morrisons cider and finger blasted outside lidl on a Saturday night. What is the cause of this problem? Were they just born stupid or did they become that way?

Probably because they've only ever had to rely on their looks to get them wherever they need to be.Society is a shallow place.
because you watch too much TV, real girls arent anything like that... you need some experience
Reply 13
I don't think it is so simple as that. There are popular girls who are airheads, and not so popular girls who are airheads. There are popular girls who have personality, and not so popular girls who have personality. If there's any correlation, I don't think it's something that can be said about "most" popular girls, except taking into account that "most" people may not meet your criteria for being declared as having "enough" personality.

Although maybe it's less simple than that still, and depends on age or other factors. There could well be demographics here and there where "most" popular girls of that demographic don't have particularly well-developed personalities, but I don't think it holds as a principle in general.
Guys usually find the same physical features attractive, unlike females who have a more detailed criteria. For instance:

A might think Trey Songz looks like a pigeon.
B might think Trey Songz looks like a rock-my-socks-off kind-of-lad.

Because all guys usually find the same girls attractive (there are anomalies), the same girls get approached and girls who get approached learn how to reject people. Guys who get instantly walled off or rejected don't try further.

And that's why most popular and hot girls seem to have the personality of a rock. Because a lot of guys don't persevere - and whoever does persevere, I hope you do it in a PC way, not in a way worthy of a newspaper headline - they never find out what the girl is really like.

Just my two cents. In other words you just need to dig a little deeper, and shrug off that 'first defense', because popular and good looking girls have had guys try to flirt with them so many times that they probably group guys who approach them under one category. Time-wasters or hedonists with a seemingly gargantuan ego that pops as soon as they get walled-off.

If you want a girl, then prove it to her. If you fall over at the first hurdle, you're not worth their time.
(edited 9 years ago)
You go Glen Coco!
that's strange...I don't think I have a rock-like personality and I'm really popular at school nd I'm really hot...lol...my grades are great and my iq is a about a 115...maybe what you refer to as 'd popular hot girls' are stuck-up pretty girls