The Student Room Group

100% serious thread - WOUld you boycott your favourite food for life for 15 grand?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by og.east
theo walcott

15 grand in one payments, or regularly once a week, once a month, once a year?
Original post by IDIOSYNCRASY.
But when you're broke and realise that you turned down 15 grand for a bit of fish :laugh:

£15k only lasts so long, fish is for life :biggrin:
Reply 22
Original post by namename
15 grand in one payments, or regularly once a week, once a month, once a year?

it's a one off, tax free lump sum of 15 thousand pounds. also redeemable as the equivalent amount in mexican pesos.
No way, not for 15k! If it was 15 mill, sure.
Reply 24
Original post by Another
Well no, this place is called "The Student Room" for a reason

Once I graduate, £60k a year is more than feasible. And I have enough money now for student life anyway... I mean, if you can't eat thai green curry, then what is life?

it's still an additional 15 grand. and am i imagining things or did you ninja edit out something about ginger?
Reply 25
Original post by SophiaLDN
No way, not for 15k! If it was 15 mill, sure.

another jokester. what's your favourite food then?
Original post by og.east
another jokester. what's your favourite food then?

I wasn't joking?

Somali rice & lamb dish +toppings :tong: Ah my belly just rumbled thinking about it, no I take it back. No amount of money will do!
Original post by Another
15 grand is equivalent to say, 3 months (or less) of hard work. You're telling me that I should sacrifice thai green curry with extra ginger, for the equivalent of 3 month's labour. No thanks.

what land are you living in?
Reply 28
Since I'm going without quite a lot of things I like at the moment due to health issues, I'd really rather not have to give up another thing. 15k is a nice amount of money, but it's not enough to never eat Salmon again.
Reply 29
some of these replies :lol: wouldn't give up salmon :rofl2: lord have mercy
Original post by og.east
it's a one off, tax free lump sum of 15 thousand pounds. also redeemable as the equivalent amount in mexican pesos.
Too little.
Nando's is too good

No I would not
Reply 32
Original post by og.east
some of these replies :lol: wouldn't give up salmon :rofl2: lord have mercy

You asked a question, I gave my answer. Why do I deserve mocking? :puppyeyes:
Reply 33
Original post by Aula
You asked a question, I gave my answer. Why do I deserve mocking? :puppyeyes:

i'm sorry. i did ask and you did answer.

but.. salmon :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
Original post by og.east
it's still an additional 15 grand. and am i imagining things or did you ninja edit out something about ginger?

I definitely said extra ginger, I didn't edit that one out, Mod's must have done it :|

To put it this way, I would gladly pay £15k for a lifetime access to Thai curry whenever I wanted it.

Original post by welcometoib
what land are you living in?

You genuinely think a salary of £60k a year is absurd? Okay then.
More money, dude. Otherwise, no. Steak is love. Steak is life.
Original post by Another
I definitely said extra ginger, I didn't edit that one out, Mod's must have done it :|

To put it this way, I would gladly pay £15k for a lifetime access to Thai curry whenever I wanted it.

You genuinely think a salary of £60k a year is absurd? Okay then.

you didnt specify age or type of job, so yes its absurd when you nonchalantly, assuming youre a teenager, say 15k NET, not gross, is piss easy in 3 months. so, what age and what job would you be looking at to earn 60k net profit?
No. I can't live without Fajitas!!

Most people on here wouldn't boycott their favorite food.. Just eat their favorite food in front of them and let temptation give in :rofl:
Reply 38
Original post by paradoxicalme
More money, dude. Otherwise, no. Steak is love. Steak is life.

70k final if you don't take that you're a damn fool
Reply 39
Well, seeing how my favourite food is salad, that's probably not a great idea...

Quick Reply

Latest