The Student Room Group

Anyone doing AS OCR chemistry A?

Hey was just wondering how far you've got through the syllabus? We've finished unit 1 and have just started enthalpy. I'm worried we might be behind? Feels like the exam is not that far away now. Would really appreciate a reply from anyone doing the AS or who has in the past and knows how much they had been taught by this point.
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You are quite behind. Most people I know have started Unit 2 and are on Module 2 by now. Your teacher should've hurried up a bit since Unit 2 is a bigger unit. Try getting ahead of your class by reading revision guides, watching YouTube clips etc.
I'm also doing OCR chemistry A and we've finished Unit 1 and started enthalpy too :smile:

I think Unit 2 will go pretty quick because, as my tutor put it, it's more fun.

So, don't worry about it :smile:

Read ahead if you're really concerned. I tell myself I'll do that but never get to actually doing it...:colondollar:
Original post by HAnwar
You are quite behind. Most people I know have started Unit 2 and are on Module 2 by now. Your teacher should've hurried up a bit since Unit 2 is a bigger unit. Try getting ahead of your class by reading revision guides, watching YouTube clips etc.

Really? Oh **** I'm worried now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by enaayrah
I'm also doing OCR chemistry A and we've finished Unit 1 and started enthalpy too :smile:

I think Unit 2 will go pretty quick because, as my tutor put it, it's more fun.

So, don't worry about it :smile:

Read ahead if you're really concerned. I tell myself I'll do that but never get to actually doing it...:colondollar:

Ahh good:smile: thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by anoymous1111
Really? Oh **** I'm worried now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol just tell your teacher to hurry up. What's he/she waiting for
Original post by HAnwar
Lol just tell your teacher to hurry up. What's he/she waiting for

Ahah I think I'll be ok they teach it differently here anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Ahah I think I'll be ok they teach it differently here anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok good luck :yy:
Hey was just wondering how far you've got through the syllabus? We've finished unit 1 and have just started enthalpy. I'm worried we might be behind? Feels like the exam is not that far away now. Would really appreciate a reply from anyone doing the AS or who has in the past and knows how much they had been taught by this point.
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah your fine! This is the same point I was at last year! You get more efficient at picking up the information as time goes on so you go through thing faster! You will be finished in time don't worry! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hayley Williams
Nah your fine! This is the same point I was at last year! You get more efficient at picking up the information as time goes on so you go through thing faster! You will be finished in time don't worry! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks so much! I do worry and it helps when people reassure me!!! Hope everything's going well for you! how did you do in your practicals last year btw? if you don't mind me asking xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks so much! I do worry and it helps when people reassure me!!! Hope everything's going well for you! how did you do in your practicals last year btw? if you don't mind me asking xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 36/40 so I scraped an A, I believe! Took me a few attempts though! :smile: how are yours going? The first practical I usually the worst. I'm a pro at them now in A2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hayley Williams
I got 36/40 so I scraped an A, I believe! Took me a few attempts though! :smile: how are yours going? The first practical I usually the worst. I'm a pro at them now in A2

Posted from TSR Mobile

So far I have 15/15 in the quantitative and 9/10 in the qual.... kinda disappointed with my Qual because that's the last one we're doing now and it feels like the grade boundaries are really high! Got my eval on Tuesday!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah we've just started unit 2 as well. Teacher 1 is doing all of the organic and teacher 2 is doing the energy stuff. Teacher for organic said he was going to race through it at like 4 pages of the textbook a week and that we needed to more reading ahead for this unit. But we have done all the prep for our ISA, so we're about on track.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bitofageek
Nah we've just started unit 2 as well. Teacher 1 is doing all of the organic and teacher 2 is doing the energy stuff. Teacher for organic said he was going to race through it at like 4 pages of the textbook a week and that we needed to more reading ahead for this unit. But we have done all the prep for our ISA, so we're about on track.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awww cool thanks for your reply! Good luck with everything :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
A2 student checking in, if you want to ask me anything fire away. And I think this time last year we were only just starting unit 2 so I think you're okay.
Original post by izpenguin
A2 student checking in, if you want to ask me anything fire away. And I think this time last year we were only just starting unit 2 so I think you're okay.

Thank you :smile: is A2 a lot harder? Do you know if we need to know about how the periodic table was developed e.g Mendeleev and about the scientists who discovered atomic structure?

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is worrying we've only really done F321 and for F322 all we've done so far is naming...
Thank you :smile: is A2 a lot harder? Do you know if we need to know about how the periodic table was developed e.g Mendeleev and about the scientists who discovered atomic structure?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A2 is quite a bit harder I think, but it is manageable. If you do well at AS there is no reason you shouldn't do well at A2.
IIRC you don't need to know about how the periodic table was developed and who discovered atomic structure, I think it is just put in the textbook for context.
Hope I helped :smile:
Original post by izpenguin
A2 is quite a bit harder I think, but it is manageable. If you do well at AS there is no reason you shouldn't do well at A2.
IIRC you don't need to know about how the periodic table was developed and who discovered atomic structure, I think it is just put in the textbook for context.
Hope I helped :smile:

That's very helpful thanks a lot!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by matalyst
This is worrying we've only really done F321 and for F322 all we've done so far is naming...

don't worry we're doing the topics in a different order. I'm sure you will be fine

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending