The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midnightmemories
I think we will end up having targets 'cause i know the teacher well and she's been helping me with stuff since like year 10.

That's good. Mine is the schools flute teacher who joined this year...
Original post by Steliata
That's good. Mine is the schools flute teacher who joined this year...

I only got given one because she offered to be my mentor today... Usually teachers put their names down and because of this you could end up with someone you hate.

my sisters is the head girl, for example. so she doesn't even have a teacher.
I had my ICT GCSE this week and I'm so glad it's over now. Now I just need to wait for the results, which I thought would be given to us on Results Day but apparently we're getting them in March or something :confused:
Original post by Purple-Pixie
I had my ICT GCSE this week and I'm so glad it's over now. Now I just need to wait for the results, which I thought would be given to us on Results Day but apparently we're getting them in March or something :confused:

Congratulations, hope you get a good grade. :smile: I wish mine was over already :/

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:
Anyone else happen to have like a mentor in school? I've been assigned one but I'm not really sure what they're going to do and yeah...

Last year I was assigned to help some year 8's with reading The Boy in the Striped Pj's and helping them with their English analysis. Most of them really couldn't care less, plus the school arranged this 3 months prior to our core science exams so I revised science instead of helping the poor year 8 out :s-smilie:
I'm so motivated, but I really can't be bothered :confused: It's great to know that the next few months are going to speed by, so soon I'll be in sixth form eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!
Original post by Firenze26
Congratulations, hope you get a good grade. :smile: I wish mine was over already :/

P.S.

Thank you! What exam board are you on for ICT? Are you doing it in the summer? :smile:
Reply 3467
I have my French speaking assessment soon, and I really need help with it, any suggestions for me ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSAA9
I have my French speaking assessment soon, and I really need help with it, any suggestions for me ???

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had that yesterday. I'd say memorise it just like you would writing and just say it out. If possible get someone french to record themselves saying it. Listen to french songs to get an idea of the accent. Watch youtube videos to try learning the uvila trill [don't think I spelt tht ryt but u can still find it] This is somewhat key as it's the basis of the accent.

Well Gd luck ! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wwere you doing DIDA by any chance? I had to do a web design exam this week as well and it ended dreadfully :P
Original post by LeFeuilly
Wwere you doing DIDA by any chance? I had to do a web design exam this week as well and it ended dreadfully :P

Yep mine was DIDA! Was yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SSAA9

Posted from TSR Mobile

The best advice I've ever got was learn the whole speaking in English too. When you've paused, just translate it :smile:
Original post by Steliata
x

Had my first meeting yesterday... Targets have been set and things have been put into place.
Yep mine was DIDA! Was yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes :P Dreamweaver ended up crashing for my friends and I. Several times.

Needless to say, we're now afraid of it.
Anyone else happen to have like a mentor in school? I've been assigned one but I'm not really sure what they're going to do and yeah...

I have an individual learning plan manager if that counts lol
So I've done just over an hour of maths and I'm shattered... oh God...
I really can't wait to drop the subjects I hate..
COME CLOSER SIXTH FORM PLEASE :frown:
My names Dani
I take all the compulsory subjects(aqa sciences, re, english, maths and so on) plus french, geography, food tec and drama!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you! What exam board are you on for ICT? Are you doing it in the summer? :smile:

I'm doing OCR Cambridge nationals, I've already done two courseworks. But I still have one left and an exam during the summer, I think.... I'm not really sure about that one.

What's yours?

P.S.

Original post by Positivedani
My names Dani
I take all the compulsory subjects(aqa sciences, re, english, maths and so on) plus french, geography, food tec and drama!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, what subject are u thinking of doing in A-level?

P.S.

Latest