The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Room available to rent in Exeter now until end of term 2

If any student needs to rent a room in Exeter from now until the end of term 2 please contact me.

I have had to move home due to illness so my room is available to rent. It is on Longbrook street which is about a 10 minute walk to campus and 5 minute walk to Exeter city centre.

The house is a 6 bed and currently has 5 lovely girls all third years living in it.

rent price is negotiable.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hello, I might be interested. First, are the tenants quiet? Are they very clean? And is the house warm and free of mould?
I've moved once this year because of housemates who weren't quiet and clean enough so please be honest. I also have a severe allergy to mould and get breathing difficulties , hence why I need to leave my current house. I did say this when moving into this house but neither the landlord nor current tenants told me it would not be suitable for me.
Thanks!
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Hi, thanks for the message. As far as I know there is no mould in the house, there is certainly no mould in my bedroom as far as I can remember. My bedroom is located on the second floor (out of three) and is the middle room so it is the warmest out of the bedrooms. If you are in Exeter I could arrange a time with my housemates where you could come see the house and meet the girls if you wanted to?

In regards to them being quiet and clean. They do go out quite a bit, normally most wednesdays and then sometimes friday / saturday. They also will have friends round but they keep to their bedrooms or the communal sitting room. They all are lovely though and when I was there they would always give warning if they were having a few people over. But being honest they can be a little bit noisy and the house can get a little bit busy at times. two of the girls are on sports committees so I think twice, maybe three times last term they had the pre-social there, so there were a lot of people there from 8 - 9.30 before they went out. Generally though in the daytime they are all busy so it will be quiet. Just some evenings between 8 - 9.30 it can get a little noisy.

In regards to them being clean. Generally the communal areas are pretty clean, they do (the kitchen in particular) get messy from occasion but one of my housemates is pretty good at making everyone clean up so it doesnt stay too messy for long. Their own rooms can be a bit of different story, especially the girl who lives downstairs but she does make an effort to keep the communal areas clean.

If you have any further questions or concerns let me know, and as mentioned if you would like me to arrange a time for you to view the house and meet the 5 girls I can organise that.
Original post by studenttenant33
Hello, I might be interested. First, are the tenants quiet? Are they very clean? And is the house warm and free of mould?
I've moved once this year because of housemates who weren't quiet and clean enough so please be honest. I also have a severe allergy to mould and get breathing difficulties , hence why I need to leave my current house. I did say this when moving into this house but neither the landlord nor current tenants told me it would not be suitable for me.
Thanks!

Apologise for the slight thread hijack here, but if you're looking for a room I might have something of interest.

I'm having to take a break from my course for medical reasons and so am looking for somebody to take over my contract. It runs for the remainder of the academic year (I believe until the end of June but I will double check that).

The room is in the Artful Dodger House, http://www.artfuldodgerhouse.com/, down by St Davids Station. Decent spot, far enough away from the tracks that you don't ever hear trains, little corner shop next door, 15 minute walk to the middle of campus and about the same to get into the middle of town, but because it's out of the way a bit you don't have hordes of drunk students walking past every night.

The room itself is en-suite, a very good size, double bed, and because the whole flat was new a couple of years ago it's still in very good condition with zero damp or mould anywhere. Also comes with a kitchen complete with washing machine, tumble drier and dishwasher and a little bit of a lounge.

Flatmates are all first years but two of them are very quiet and not the kind of people who'll be making any noise at night, one is more sociable but is still not the kind of guy who'll be having frequent nights out, and one lass does but because of where the flat is she always ends up drinking at other peoples houses, and if she does come home after a night out her room is right by the front door so any noise she does make isn't audible in my room. All are decent enough at keeping the kitchen clean & tidy, and there is a cleaner comes in once a fortnight to give it all a proper going over.

It is a bit expensive at £484 per month, although that is all bills included and if it would help I can subsidise it a bit to knock it down to £440 per month for you.

If you're interested and want any pictures or any more information just drop me a message and I'll send you some over.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending