The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yianni Ch
Got my rejection today after waiting for god knows how long. I applied in October for the Law course.
IB Predic: 43 with 7-7-6 HL (Hist, English Lit, Mus) 7-7-6 SL (Math, Physics, Greek)
IGCSE grades 7A* 3A
I sense some racism going on.

wow, that's insane, your grades are amazing! did they give you any feedback?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
None. I suppose its the fact that my surname is Greek... seriously though. I have talked with many people who have said they feel they experienced a sort of racism from admissions. I also had work experience done and had gone to a law summer course. Ontop of that I have piano grade 8 given 2 years ago with my IGCSES, ballet exam diplomas (all with merits piano and ballet) and a really heavy extracurricular schedule.

Racism from the LSE? The most internationally diverse university in the world...
Original post by ooftar
the new PPE course...

Ah sorry to hear that :frown: I applied for PPE too and now I'm worried! Good luck with your remaining choices :smile:
Original post by jchap9776
Racism from the LSE? The most internationally diverse university in the world...

LOL. My thoughts exactly. Case closed; no jury required.
None. I suppose its the fact that my surname is Greek... seriously though. I have talked with many people who have said they feel they experienced a sort of racism from admissions. I also had work experience done and had gone to a law summer course. Ontop of that I have piano grade 8 given 2 years ago with my IGCSES, ballet exam diplomas (all with merits piano and ballet) and a really heavy extracurricular schedule.

hmm, I don't know about the racism thing as LSE takes pride in being such a diverse university. But you seem to have a really great application, so don't let this rejection affect you too much, I'm sure you'll get all your other offers!
Lol most international yes... it takes international students many of them. Check the European students and especially Greeks, you are in for a surprise...

Either someone in the Law department is precisely racist towards Greeks or something in your app wasn't up to the standard required. Apply Ockham's Razor...

I don't want to come across harshly but denial isn't wise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anyonenobody
I'm sorry mate :frown: Good luck for Durham! Were you in your 8 week period or extra 4 week? Law applicant here too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

8 week period.. Where else have you applied? :smile: waiting on UCL and Warwick as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
have there been any economics offers/rejects this week?

Posted from TSR Mobile
anyone got offers for straight econ this week?
(edited 9 years ago)
I applied 1st Nov...got that 8 week email on 20 th Nov. Then got "You will have received an email from us advising you when you are likely to receive an update regarding your application. Please allow an additional two weeks to the time frame specified in our previous update email to accommodate the School closure." on 23rd december. I havent been keeping count. how many weeks has this been? So i havent been given a 4 week email but a 2 week one? im sooooo confused!
Original post by daalchaval
I applied 1st Nov...got that 8 week email on 20 th Nov. Then got "You will have received an email from us advising you when you are likely to receive an update regarding yourapplication. Please allow an additional two weeks to the time frame specified in our previous update email to accommodate the School closure." on 23rd december. I havent been keeping count. how many weeks has this been? So i havent been given a 4 week email but a 2 week one? im sooooo confused!

no, the 2 week email is something they sent everyone as the school closed for christmas, so they are telling you that they should have a decision about your application made 10 weeks after you applied and basically if they don't have one by then they'll send you an additional four week email.
Original post by xxxraooz
anyone got offers for straight econ this week?

Still waiting, what are your stats man? :smile:
Original post by jchap9776
Still waiting, what are your stats man? :smile:

2 A's plus an A* in Maths and predicted 4 A*s wbu?

btw did you get 4 week email from them yet? My friends all got email today so I'm getting nervous now
Original post by Mr Inquisitive
Either someone in the Law department is precisely racist towards Greeks or something in your app wasn't up to the standard required. Apply Ockham's Razor...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not uncommon for successful Oxbridge candidates not getting LSE offers too. Perhaps they have different selection criteria preferences.
If I may ask you guys, how competitive is the International Relations and History program? Did anybody get in or was rejected from this?
Has anyone got an offer for management in the past week?
There's a separate thread for management and yes one or two offers from what i've read. I'm also waiting for management...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2337
Original post by Mr Inquisitive

I completely agree with is and will add that I go to a Greek/IB school with a history of students getting offers from and going to study at LSE. And that includes people getting offers to study Law. And I can assure you that they all have very Greek-sounding first and last names. :tongue:

I doubt the "racism" card stands in this case...
Reply 2338
Original post by dirxik
I completely agree with is and will add that I go to a Greek/IB school with a history of students getting offers from and going to study at LSE. And that includes people getting offers to study Law. And I can assure you that they all have very Greek-sounding first and last names. :tongue:

I doubt the "racism" card stands in this case...

Basically, when in doubt, play the racism card
Original post by drcharisma
If I may ask you guys, how competitive is the International Relations and History program? Did anybody get in or was rejected from this?

Have a friend who was rejected, its pretty competitive, 336 applicants for 36 spots

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending