The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Goldsmiths applicants 2015/16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophF_rth
This is what I was wondering I could possibly get BBB though. I know they were in Clearing last year for a lot of courses. I've applied for Politics so, similar :smile:

Yeah! Really Similar! I went to a Goldsmiths open day last summer, and one of the politics professors told me they don't tend to be in clearing :s-smilie: So confusing! I worry I won't even get BBB! More likely to get ABC at the minute, and that A is a stretch! Lol... This is all too stressful haha
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Original post by yasmaaaaaan
Yeah! Really Similar! I went to a Goldsmiths open day last summer, and one of the politics professors told me they don't tend to be in clearing :s-smilie: So confusing! I worry I won't even get BBB! More likely to get ABC at the minute, and that A is a stretch! Lol... This is all too stressful haha

I know how to feel. I think I can get BBC but my offer is 3Bs. I mean I just hope me EPQ gives me a chance too :/
Oh really? I don't know if they were in Clearing for Politics, that worries me now! But a friend went for Goldsmiths for Education and they had lots of places, and another transferred in the first semester for Business :smile:
I know how to feel. I think I can get BBC but my offer is 3Bs. I mean I just hope me EPQ gives me a chance too :/
Oh really? I don't know if they were in Clearing for Politics, that worries me now! But a friend went for Goldsmiths for Education and they had lots of places, and another transferred in the first semester for Business :smile:

I'm doing an EPQ too! I need all the extra help I can get right now haha! That sounds good, gives me a bit of hope for my course :smile:, will just have to hope for the best! Where else are you applying If you don't mind me asking?
I'm doing an EPQ too! I need all the extra help I can get right now haha! That sounds good, gives me a bit of hope for my course :smile:, will just have to hope for the best! Where else are you applying If you don't mind me asking?

I'm hanging onto that too... Is your epq right related to degree?
Urgh I don't want to go to my others but Kent, Dundee, Chichester and Kent :/ what about you?
I'm hanging onto that too... Is your epq right related to degree?
Urgh I don't want to go to my others but Kent, Dundee, Chichester and Kent :/ what about you?

Yeah it is, mines on whether Libya will ever become a successful independant country. And I've applied to Kent, Essex, City and Westminster. I'm torn between City+Goldsmiths+Westminster. All 3 are close to home, Westminster has the most appealing course to me, but City is better than Westminster and I think it might be better than Goldsmiths too... but the course at City is perhaps too political for me... And I can do an internship at Goldsmiths which I reaaaaallllllly wanna do... I might have a better chance of getting into Goldsmiths than City... but it is much closer and more convenient than Goldsmiths...
This is actually the hardest decision I've ever had to make in my life lol
Yeah it is, mines on whether Libya will ever become a successful independant country. And I've applied to Kent, Essex, City and Westminster. I'm torn between City+Goldsmiths+Westminster. All 3 are close to home, Westminster has the most appealing course to me, but City is better than Westminster and I think it might be better than Goldsmiths too... but the course at City is perhaps too political for me... And I can do an internship at Goldsmiths which I reaaaaallllllly wanna do... I might have a better chance of getting into Goldsmiths than City... but it is much closer and more convenient than Goldsmiths...
This is actually the hardest decision I've ever had to make in my life lol

Originally I was going to apply to Westminster but I know it's not a great uni. I'd say choose between City and Goldsmiths. I quite like City but for me its actually harder to get too! Goldsmiths is a direct slow train :tongue: I was thinking maybe if I do really well go to City after results but I'm just not sure. Goldsmiths has the whole UoL though :tongue: Haha you have a bit more time to decide I guess! It is hard :redface:
Reply 46
Original post by introvert.H
Hey!
I applied for International Studies and got BBB offer ...
My target grades are BBC ....you'll be great don't worry

same with me, i got a BBB offer, and for AS i attained a BCC, so you should be fine!
Original post by atxya
same with me, i got a BBB offer, and for AS i attained a BCC, so you should be fine!

I got BCC at AS too, my teacher wrongly predicted me ABB so those are the grades Goldsmiths are asking for. not only would the A be a push, but also one of the B's... I think the minimum I will get will be BBC, aiming for ABC, but I can't guarantee that. I'm hoping if I miss one of the grades I'd still be accepted
Reply 48
I got BCC at AS too, my teacher wrongly predicted me ABB so those are the grades Goldsmiths are asking for. not only would the A be a push, but also one of the B's... I think the minimum I will get will be BBC, aiming for ABC, but I can't guarantee that. I'm hoping if I miss one of the grades I'd still be accepted

my predicted grades are an ABC but as i got an offer with BBB, i will have to work hard to get at least 2 B's. i've heard that goldsmith are quite lenient with grades so hopefully they'll still take us in! :smile:
Reply 49
I got an offer to study history before xmas but I still haven't been given any info about an applicant offer day, has anyone heard any news about one?
Reply 50
Original post by Sharii_A
Anyone attending English and Comparative Literature Offer Holder Day on 23rd January?

Yes, I am :smile: I'm so look forward to it! Are you?
Reply 51
Original post by scarletd
Yes, I am :smile: I'm so look forward to it! Are you?

Yeah I am really excited:smile:
Original post by AwoKhaire
Hey I'm not doing psychology but i applied for social work and I'm also going on the 22nd.

Thats cool, I wonder if they'll be keeping different courses separately for the day
Hiii, I have an offer for 2015 entry for International Studies and Chinese. Is anyone else applying for this course?
Original post by молодой гений
Hiii, I have an offer for 2015 entry for International Studies and Chinese. Is anyone else applying for this course?

I was going to initially but as I didn't do very well at my French AS, I worried how i would handle a harder language, so I just chose International Studies. Your course looks amazing though!
Original post by atxya
my predicted grades are an ABC but as i got an offer with BBB, i will have to work hard to get at least 2 B's. i've heard that goldsmith are quite lenient with grades so hopefully they'll still take us in! :smile:

Lets hope so!! :smile:
Reply 56
Just made Goldsmiths my firm! Anyone else applied for Media and Sociology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Department of Politics Offer Holder day anyone?
Reply 58
Department of Politics Offer Holder day anyone?

yepp
Original post by atxya
yepp

See you there :wink:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending