The Student Room Group

ALL MEN ANSWER: Do you judge your female friends and compare them to other girls??

GUYS!! When a girl comes to talk to you (only as friends), do you compare your conversations with her to conversations with other girls/your girlfriend etc? Do you compare her sense of humor with other girls you know? Do you compare her looks to your girlfriend or other female friends? I'm talking only about girls approaching guys as for friendship..Because I want to make friends with more men because I don't have any..but I'm scared I'll be judged.
Help!! Advice???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sparklenshine
GUYS!! When a girl comes to talk to you (only as friends), do you compare your conversations with her to conversations with other girls/your girlfriend etc? Do you compare her sense of humor with other girls you know? Do you compare her looks to your girlfriend or other female friends? I'm talking only about girls approaching guys as for friendship..Because I want to make friends with more men because I don't have any..but I'm scared I'll be judged.
Help!! Advice???

Nope, doesn't really bother me much.
Reply 2
Men do not want attractive female friends (you mentioned you're attractive in your last thread). Only feminine men do, but that's just their way of trying to slowly get into a relationship with you because they are too scared to state their intentions early on.

Also the answer is yes. Comparisons are natural, our way to trying to get the best for ourselves. The comparisons do not carry too much weight however.
Yes and No.

Yes, I do compare them with other girls to see if they are worth a shag.

And No, if after I compare them and then realise they are not my type, I see them as friends and not through any sexual prism.

When it comes to conversation, I would expect a higher standard from a female friend than from a girl I am on a date with or I meet in a social setting.
We all do that at least subconsciously.
Original post by LutherVan
Yes and No.

Yes, I do compare them with other girls to see if they are worth a shag.

And No, if after I compare them and then realise they are not my type, I see them as friends and not through any sexual prism.

When it comes to conversation, I would expect a higher standard from a female friend than from a girl I am on a date with or I meet in a social setting.

What are some things you think are funny for a girl to say?
Do you like the company (only platonic) of unattractive girls? Do you judge the looks of your female friends?
Reply 6
yeah, it's natural to compare them and see which is 'best' but only looks wise really
most people aren't boring enough for me to wonder if i'd have more fun talking to someone else
What are some things you think are funny for a girl to say?

I can't think of anything funny they could say. They are human and we say all kinds of things.

Do you like the company (only platonic) of unattractive girls? Do you judge the looks of your female friends?

Yes, I like the platonic company of unattractive girls but I prefer the platonic company of attractive girls I don't fancy. Basically a girl many deem as attractive but who is not my type.

This is because it makes attractive girls I don't know, who see me acting casually with the attractive company, want to get to know me. They find confident guys not fazed by attractive girls a challenge and they want to attract him.
Can't really say that I do that to be honest, not that I'm aware of. I used to have slightly more male friends and now that I think of it I have 80% female friends and 20% male. But that's because the people I've come across have not really been my type of people I hate to say. Don't mean it in a rude way at all, just the women I've met have been more mature than the guys I've come across so that's how it's turned out.

I'm cool with anyone approaching me for friendship - male/female. Don't care where you are from or where you are going to but if you're a decent person then I'm cool with you.
Reply 9
Obviously... I have a 26 column spreadsheet I fill out for each one. Then I publish the data on my blog or sell it to Google.
compare conversation? no. sense of humour? also no. looks? maybe, but not actively.
Don't have any female friends.
Come to think of it I don't have any males friends either.

Well...gl in your research..
Nit really. Each individual has their individual merits and downfalls, to be judged solely as their own.
No, there's no reason to as women always seem to be competing with each other and pulling each other down already. No way I'm getting involved with all of that.If they're nice, they're nice, it's not like I'll only accept only the kindest or funniest girls as friends.
Reply 14
Help!! Advice???

Want some advice?

If you're scared of being judged, you won't get far in life and you'll find yourself in constant fear.

Just do what you want to do. Everyone judges everyone, it's human nature.

I'll tell you this from my experience. I don't compare my conversations between people, life is not that deep.
Reply 15
Original post by iAmanze
Men do not want attractive female friends (you mentioned you're attractive in your last thread). Only feminine men do, but that's just their way of trying to slowly get into a relationship with you because they are too scared to state their intentions early on.

Also the answer is yes. Comparisons are natural, our way to trying to get the best for ourselves. The comparisons do not carry too much weight however.

You win the thread on that first comment alone.
Reply 16
Not really. I mean there is a certain degree of judgement in all social interactions, but it would be more along the lines of thinking "she is quite funny" rather than "she is quite funny but not as funny as Emily or Kerri, why am I wasting my time with this loser?".

You seem to me like a female Smash, and like I always tell him: you are overthinking this, it doesn't matter to people as much as you think.
Dont think it really works that way :ahee:
Reply 18
I don't really care what my female friends look like, as long as they're nice, if they were good looking, I would be trying to make them more than friends :wink:
But I rarely judge them because they're my friends and that's what friends do, accept you for who you are.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by iAmanze
Men do not want attractive female friends.

Personally I want beautiful friends, if I'm surrounded by uglies then I'm not doing to good :colonhash:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending