The Student Room Group

Your 6 most disliked UK politicians active today

Just thought we'd have a nice thread talking about which politicians UK we dislike the most. They must either be an MP or in the House of Lords, or an MEP.

1: Home Secretary Theresa May: utterly incompetent and slightly nasty. From the sound of it , she's matched in this by Philip Hammond

2: Harriet Harman: seems to the root of the divisive, petty point scoring that is so predominant leader. She seems to have passed this on to many MPs noticeably Douglas Alexander, somebody with barely a splinter of spine IMO

3: my local mp Rehman Chishti: a labour mp who defected to the Tories in 2010. Out of "deep moral convictions". More interested in photoshoots and sucking up to Cameron than getting anything done.

4: mp mark reckless: a thoroughly dishonest and unpleasant man, even before ukip. Even many ukip voters in the area can't stand him.

5: David Cameron: for being a spineless muppet and taking the Conservatoves out of the EPP.

6: that lib dem MP that's acting like Galloway and doing the je suis Palestine crap. The only lib dem that really deserves to lose their seat IMO.

Disclaimer; Nigel farage, George Galloway... I find them too entertaining to actually dislike personally, although I hope both remain as question time personalities and have no influence outside of that.

Scroll to see replies

That old Labour person, who always complains about the deficit during PMQs

edit : nick dakin
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Nick Clegg.
Vince Cable
Tim Farron
Ed. Balls
Harriet Harman
Diane Abbott.
1. Harriet Harman. Odious woman who complains about non-existing male privilege and thinks all her failures are not her fault but because society hates the fact that she has a vagina. A lightweight with historical links to paedophiles, which she has never apologised for.

2. Frank Dobson. My local MP and one of the worst in terms of addressing local concerns. His handling of the expenses scandal was pathetic as well.

3. George Galloway for being a Muslim apologist.

4. Yvette Cooper-incompetent and unlikable.

5. Caroline Lucas-Don't dislike her on a personal level but abhor what she stands for.

Don't really have a 6th, but Denis MacShane is probably the biggest **** to be an MP in my lifetime.

Edit: Forgot to mention the racist Diane Abbott.
(edited 9 years ago)
1. Grant Shapps - an expert in dodging the question.

2. Nick Clegg - do I really need to explain?

3. Harriet Harman - everything that is wrong with New Labour, nothing's ever her fault, she's the victim because she's a woman.

4. Ed Miliband - less charisma than an old shoe, people seriously tip him to be the next PM?

5. Chukka Umunna - mostly because of this, obviously too sheltered to hold public office.

6. Iain Duncan Smith - appalling treatment of disabled people, so much so that the UN got involved - http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/08/28/un-dwp-benefits-disabled-human-rights-probe_n_5727580.html
Reply 5
The six SNP MPs.

But that's boring (the same goes for citing my own entirely useless and barely functional nobody MP), so let's go for some significant national political figures.

Theresa May. a right-wing reactionary, unpleasant manner, stupid.

Baroness Warsi. Was undoubtedly one of the most overpromoted people in history, and bloody arrogant about it.

Vince Cable. Opportunistic, daft, boring.

Sadiq Khan. Nothing massively wrong with what he does, he's just a bit **** and patronising.

Dennis Skinner. There's some sort of assumption we ought to have respect for his man, as a result of his longevity and him clearly representing a distinctive viewpoint. In fact, his politics have always been terrible: he's completely incapable of working with (or even comprehending) anyone who disagrees with him; he's disrespectful and he's a veritable dinosaur.

David Ward - the Lib Dem who's been doing the anti-Israel tweeting.
Reply 6
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
6. Iain Duncan Smith - appalling treatment of disabled people, so much so that the UN got involved - http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/08/28/un-dwp-benefits-disabled-human-rights-probe_n_5727580.html

Oh come on. We just have to take a glance at the membership of that committee: the UK is a shining beacon of disability rights to all but one of two of the countries they hail from.

All inquiries of this nature are confidential. Whether one has ever taken place relies on a covert recording of a former member who suggested it had. I don't think that's a reasonable basis from which to criticise Iain Duncan Smith.
Reply 7
1) IDS - Good ideas or not, the spare room subsidy and disability review were implemented in one of the worst ways possible. That he is still in the cabinet while the likes of Gove and Willets are not makes my blood boil.

2) Galloway - A sickening Muslim apologist

3) Reckless - While Carswell was a turncoat, he actually took a risk. Reckless jumped on the bandwagon, he is not just a turncoat, but a traitor.

4) Gordon Brown - Changes his own rules at a whim and presided over the Great Recession, also knows nothing of loyalty
1. Chris Grayling.

The first non-lawyer Lord Chancellor in hundreds of years and by all accounts the worst we have ever had. Has single-handedly broken legal aid which is essentially the justice system's NHS. Pays no attention at all to the unanimous demands of the legal profession from every quarter, at every level, all around the country. He is symbolic to me of the total lack of intelligence as well as compassion in many of the Tory cuts and the main reason I will not vote for them.

2. Harriet Harman

Vile woman. Unintelligent, not a trace of charisma or leadership in her, flagbearer of all-women's shortlists and hard feminism generally. Petty, invidious, tribal, irritating.

3. Iain Duncan Smith

Has implemented savage policies that demand the permanently and often extremely ill or disabled and others genuinely not capable of working to be well and work, removing their benefits if they do not. Handing a lot of this to private companies like Atos has been scandalous, this should be state regulated and implemented.

4. Nick Clegg

Weak, spineless little man with not a shred of integrity or strength in him. Recently he has tried to appear more assertive but it has only highlighted more plainly how pathetic he really is. I am embarrassed that he is the second most senior elected representative of my country.

5. Jeremy Hunt

Self-satisfied, clinical, possibly more machine than human. Clearly intelligent but simply incredibly irritating. Has absolutely no charisma at all and there's a hollowness in his eyes and the way he talks, no conviction or fire or controversy as a result of disagreeing with government policy that suggests he's one of those politicians who is entirely in the business of politics for themselves and not even a little because they have passionate viewpoints or care for their country. I doubt he has any principles whatsoever and would probably sell his own mother for a few bob.

6. Grant Shapps

Slippier than a seal's wet arse. Really gives me the chills to see him being interviewed. He's little more than a travelling salesman who's mastered the art of PR, has an answer that sounds somewhat plausible to every question but really it's all just a load of horse**** and you realise sooner or later that this man does not have a singular solitary clue what he's doing but just does a very good impression of someone who does. Politicians using spin in line with substance and understanding is one thing but I don't believe this man actually understands or cares about any key political issues.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tengentoppa

5. Caroline Lucas-Don't dislike her on a personal level but abhor what she stands for.

I am the very opposite - I rather like the Greens but dislike Caroline Lucas for what she did to Keith Taylor.
Reply 10
Dianne Abbot.

A dangerous woman to have in Parliament with her nonsense only being justified through having a Cambridge degree and or being black.

Ian Duncan Smith
Lack of empathy for the disabled, has all the bad traits of Conservatism without the class.

David Cameron
In all fairness he's probably not a bad chap, but in terms of being a statesman he's spineless. He also insults the intelligence of the public by using crooked excuses to face responsibility and engage in meaningful debate. This isn't so bad because the average British person isn't intelligent enough to care. Which is a shame for those that are.

Tristam Hunt
Educated douche bag. Probably didn't get over his first existential crises and now sips champagne in a beer bottle while sitting in Victoria station watching the proles.

Jeremy Hunt
Definitely a Psychopath. Also has a terrible track record with managing the NHS, but it's not like he cares, he's got a meeting with Cliff Huxtable at the four seasons..
Reply 11
Oh and Mr. Blobby - he's become progressively more out of touch.
Original post by cambio wechsel
I am the very opposite - I rather like the Greens but dislike Caroline Lucas for what she did to Keith Taylor.

What did she do to this man?
Original post by Birkenhead
What did she do to this man?

Taylor built the Green vote in Brighton from nothing, did the hard yards on the streets.When he had established for the greens their most sizeable share of any constituency vote, Lucas - previously without any connection to the area - announced her intention to run against him for the candidature. ''The hardest decision of my life''. And of course in an era of appearance-based politics the personable privately-educated PhD holder ousted the working class local for being perceived as 'more electable'. But he had earned the chance.
basically all female labour MPs
sorry, ladies, it's true - they're mostly a bunch of parachuted feminist hags
Original post by cambio wechsel
Taylor built the Green vote in Brighton from nothing, did the hard yards on the streets.When he had established for the greens their most sizeable share of any constituency vote, Lucas - previously without any connection to the area - announced her intention to run against him for the candidature. ''The hardest decision of my life''. And of course in an era of appearance-based politics the personable privately-educated PhD holder ousted the working class local for being perceived as 'more electable'. But he had earned the chance.

That doesn't sound noble but put against her resigning the leadership to bring in new blood I am tempted to suspect she genuinely did it for the party and not out of self-interest. From what little I have now seen I suspect she knew she could better represent the party than Mr Taylor. Still a dick move, mind.
Iain Duncan Smith.

George Osborne.

George Galloway.

Nick Clegg.

Dianne Abbot.

Michael Gove.
Theresa May: A crooning old hag who is serving as the poster person for the furthering of the surveillance state which obviously isn't going to affect her and her mates as much as it will the person on the street. Extremely patronising to the public and makes my blood boil to see her on TV spinning her lies.
Iain Duncan Smith: Evil incarnate. Basically killed off a load of vulnerable people. Complete psychopath/sadist, on television appearances e.g. Question Time when Salma Yaqoob ripped into him you can tell he utterly loves the fact that he's destroying the lives of the little people.
Harriet Harman: Corrupt, public-school educated, extremely soft left that it's a joke. Get away from the Labour front benches.
Chuka Umunna: Slimy as ****, thinks he's Blair because he can parrot his policies and rather egotistically thinks he's the British Barack Obama.
Baroness Warsi: Seriously W.T.F she became a Tory politician because of the whims of the MPs and not on merit (well actually that's the case for pretty much all of them). Find myself disagreeing with a lot of stuff she says on QT.
Ed Milliband: Absolutely no balls whatsoever (apart from Ed Balls, wa-hey!) and a piss-poor rival to Cameron's slick propaganda campaign. Everytime I see him on TV I cringe and realise just how low the Labour party has dropped in the past 40 years. All the natural political leaders are off raking it in in the private sector while fools like this are left in command of the tattered remains of historic institutions. Anyone else would be destroying Cameron on austerity, the transfer of wealth to the top and more illegal wars.
Blair: Slimy man, makes me wonder now how he was such a good propagandist.
Surprised Tony Blair has escaped mention so far.
Original post by SnoochToTheBooch
Surprised Tony Blair has escaped mention so far.

A wonderful, handsome man.

Quick Reply