The Student Room Group

UCAS application

Hi everyone, i am an international student planning to undertake mechanical engineering in UK.
I am planning to apply to these unis:
1)Manchester
2)edinburg
3)exeter
4)leicester
5)sheffield
My AS grades were BBC and my A2 predicted grades are ACC. Do you think i can get into these uni with these grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you applied yet?
You MIGHT just about get an offer from 1/2 of them. Bearing in mind, modt of them require, AAB, so they have to overachieve. So its up to you. People will apply with higher grades. Bear these things in mind.

/thread
Original post by LuWee
Hi everyone, i am an international student planning to undertake mechanical engineering in UK.
1)Manchester
2)edinburg
3)exeter
4)leicester
5)sheffield
My AS grades were BBC and my A2 predicted grades are ACC. Do you think i can get into these uni with these grades?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Skill Twix
Have you applied yet?
Original post by schindlers list
x

Has the OP applied?
Lol i thino the deadline's closed
Original post by Skill Twix
Has the OP applied?
Have u applied
Original post by LuWee
1)Manchester
2)edinburg
3)exeter
4)leicester
5)sheffield

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol i thino the deadline's closed

Yes it is closed!If he/she applies now,his/her application won't be considered equally!
Reply 7
My teacher said I should apply when my results are release in February. Furthermore as an international students, our deadline will be 30th June no matter what course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Have u applied

Not yet. Teacher wont allow me to apply until my results are release.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What?
Original post by LuWee
Not yet. Teacher wont allow me to apply until my results are release.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
My referee will not send my application. As all of our application will go through our referee after send and pay.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
What?

My referee will not send my application. As all of our application will go through our referee after send and pay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LuWee

Posted from TSR Mobile

You need to be aware that the Jan 15th deadline applies to international applicants just as much as it does to home students and your application is now regarded as late. You can indeed apply up to the 30th of June, but universities do not have to consider your application on an equal footing. This did not use to be the case for international students and your referee needs to be made aware for the benefit of future applicants that s/he has put you at a disadvantage by doing this. You need to contact the places you are intending to apply and check that they will still consider your application because many of them won't and it is a waste of a slot on your form. In practice, many of them will still consider you, but you need to know this in advance.
I also think you need to put a uni with a lower entry tariff as your predicted grades are low for the ones you have named.
Reply 14
Thank you, my referee does not know about this and has put me and everyone in my school in a difficult position because he has been a referee for 10 years + and all applications we do here are usually after the release of our nov cambridge alevel results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Muttley79
I also think you need to put a uni with a lower entry tariff as your predicted grades are low for the ones you have named.

I agree with this, too.
Reply 16
I am aiming for scholarship in my country and our requirements is top 30 unis in UK, but to get a scholarship here is just CCC, getting a uni is the only problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LuWee
I am aiming for scholarship in my country and our requirements is top 30 unis in UK, but to get a scholarship here is just CCC, getting a uni is the only problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you actually get ACC then none of the universities you list will give you an offer. Here is the list of what universities will take those grades for mech eng:
http://www.whatuni.com/degrees/courses/degree-courses/mechanical-engineering-degree-courses-united-kingdom/0/m/united+kingdom/0/25/0/0/xh./r/0/1/0/uc/a_level/0a*-1a-0b-2c-0d-0e/page.html

Manchester and Sheffield are AAA
Leicester, Exeter and Edinburgh are ABB - AAA, which in practice means AAA as the lower offers are reserved for contextual offers. Add into that that your application is now late and you should be prepared for a possibly difficult time.
(edited 9 years ago)
What country are you from?
I am also an international applicant, all students in my school applied through UCAS last year in October-November (Using predicted A2), but this is probs because I'm attending a British school.

I dont understand why does your teacher has to wait until the results are released, but you need to bear in mind that in the UK, unis give out offers once they receive your application, this technically means apply earlier = higher chance of getting offers. Just a piece of advice!

However, I don't think you stand a high chance of gaining admission to the universities you mentioned, especially when you're applying for engineering and they are all very reputable unis. My predicted is AAAA for A2 and I received a conditional offer from Sheffield, which I think is very lucky!

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending