The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bruhda
Just wondering, how will answering these questions help me? (apart from learning new things, that is.) Is there any prize or scholarship or something?

Boosts self-esteem :yep:

But it's supposedly helps you prep up for the Lower Sixth Competition (the paper in June)
Original post by miyah01
Yeah, I seem to be getting absolutely nowhere with silver either ._. any help would be appreciated too??

Silver is the Big Bang thing right? Chances are that you've seen the name of the process a fair couple of times by now- note how many He atoms there are and remember to add up the values from all the separate reactions.
Can anyone pm me with some help for Gold? I've tried every carboxylic/fatty acid I can think of, and I'm completely stumped.
Can you start this any time in the year as long as you finish by the end of Year 12?
Original post by Magnesium
Can you start this any time in the year as long as you finish by the end of Year 12?

The monthly challenge?

The monthly challenge is open to everyone so anyone can do the challenge. Its works where it changes per month but the challenge is open to everyone

In regards to the Lower Sixth Competition (the paper in June) I believe that's only available to Year 12 students
I think there were trophies which are awarded to students who stood first in their respective countries. Has there been any change in that? :confused:
Original post by miyah01
Yeah, I seem to be getting absolutely nowhere with silver either ._. any help would be appreciated too??

please help with copper?
Dunno but you could maybe help me with copper, I get who it is and I know there is an ore named after him but thats not it ;-; please help my sanity is leaving me
Original post by PRFourL
Dunno but you could maybe help me with copper, I get who it is and I know there is an ore named after him but thats not it ;-; please help my sanity is leaving me

dont worry the new one comes out tomorrow
...I'm stuck on entry :confused:
Original post by fizzers
...I'm stuck on entry :confused:

I got it in about 5 seconds I'm really happy :biggrin: :biggrin: stuck on silver now.

I just saw the background image...
any hints for copper? i've got no idea...
oh my I have smashed through this I am on to Gold, I can't believe I managed to guess silver lol!
Wow I did Gold as well...Rg now!
This month's was pretty easy, 20th place.
Reply 3355
i need help with gold i have the names of the reaction i just dont know what to do with them
Finished. The last calculation took me way longer than it should have due to Wikipedia being stupid. the wikipedia calculation confusing me. Oh well. Anyone want hints??

Entry:

Spoiler

Copper:

Spoiler

Silver:

Spoiler

Gold:

Spoiler

Rg:

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3357
Whats wrong with the wiki page on Rg, I think I'm on the page you mean, but I cant seem to get the answer
any tips for gold?
Any rg tips?

Quick Reply

Latest