The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TeeLishuss
Still waiting for my offfer :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interview intvites go out 2 weeks before the interviews. The interviews are not for a while yet. No one has heard yet :nah:
Original post by TeeLishuss
Still waiting for my offfer :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like your positivity :chaplin:
Original post by Neostigmine
Interview intvites go out 2 weeks before the interviews. The interviews are not for a while yet. No one has heard yet :nah:

When are the interviews being held?
Original post by lboyle426

27th Feb and 6th March

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lboyle426

Read back through this and they're there. They are on the Soton website too :yes:.
So I called them on Monday because I havent received a confirmation email and the lady said that I somehow used the wrong email, even though I literally pressed reply to the email they sent. I almost died!! :redface: hahah but I sorted it out. They seem to be really busy though, the lady was so keen to hang up
Original post by adamz_malik
27th Feb and 6th March

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh okay, that's great thank you!
How many do they invite for interview and how many applied this year?
Original post by alanconnel
How many do they invite for interview and how many applied this year?

Read through this thread as these questions have been answered a lot already as have lots of others that you might not have thought of yet!

They will interview around 96. There were 585 applicants last year and they won't say how many this year until the end of the cycle.
Read through this thread as these questions have been answered a lot already as have lots of others that you might not have thought of yet!

They will interview around 96. There were 585 applicants last year and they won't say how many this year until the end of the cycle.

Soo, they interview 96 and give about 50 offers right?? Cos there are 40 spaces right? Or do they give more offers?
cos some people would use it as an insurance choice and some people wouldn't make it at the end of year 13 etc etc
Original post by o.nalhady
Soo, they interview 96 and give about 50 offers right?? Cos there are 40 spaces right? Or do they give more offers?
cos some people would use it as an insurance choice and some people wouldn't make it at the end of year 13 etc etc

There are 40-45 offers for the 30 places because yeah, statistically some people won't make it or will take offers from elsewhere :yes:.
Reply 411
What are everyon's stats?
Original post by An4w42

stats have no relevance
Original post by An4w42

It's not about stats though.. meet the minimum and have an amazing personal statement and the rest is down to luck really...
But honestly speaking... I don't know how it is possible to receive near to 600 applications and throw 500 in the bin.. interview 100 and only give 40 offers. That is really intense you know...

I think the latest we will hear from them will be mid feb. If you don't hear by then, I suppose it's a rejection cos the first interview date is 27 feb isn't it?
Has anyone that applied Scottish?

Also, has anyone called/emailed recently to find out where they are in the selection process?

I have no idea how you can read 500/600 personal statements and only chose about 50! Is there a points system they adhere to?
Original post by Joanne9495

Also, has anyone called/emailed recently to find out where they are in the selection process?

I have no idea how you can read 500/600 personal statements and only chose about 50! Is there a points system they adhere to?

My thought exactly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by vickie89uk
My thought exactly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You won't hear until 2 weeks before the interview.

They mark the personal statements out of 15. 5 points for each of the "non-academic entry requirements" that are in the prospectus.

Hope that helps!

Also, they interview 96 :yes:.
Also, they interview 96 :yes:.

Thats good! I heard around 50/60 and 30 ish offers!
Thats good! I heard around 50/60 and 30 ish offers!

Well there are 30 spaces so if they only offer 30 people the class will be half empty.

There are usually around 600 applicants, 96 interviews and 45 offers. That comes from School of Medicine Admissions staff when I've worked at the open days :yes:.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending