The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
Original post by keepchilled
Just got a rejection after interview yesterday. Came as quite a shock to be honest.

Oh **** sorry, was your interview yesterday or did u find out yesterday.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 921
Guys am I correct in thinking that rejections are handed out much faster after interview than offers. I've seen a few posts with people getting rejections the day after or a few days after?

Edit: *Somewhat faster
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by YvT1
Not yet it's on the 27th.. and i am dying to get that offer.. it's a dream come true if i do.. from what i read you already had it right?

I had the interview, waiting for the offer/rejection.

Likewise, if I get in, it will be such a dream come true....

Good luck!!
Reply 923
Original post by Futuremedic2096
How did you find it

I thought it went decent but not great. Some of my answers were a bit iffy but oh well
Reply 924
Original post by ozbilege
I had the interview, waiting for the offer/rejection.

Likewise, if I get in, it will be such a dream come true....

Good luck!!

Thanks :smile: I hope you do get the offer.. where else have you applied to?
Reply 925
Original post by YvT1
aham.. ok when you say it that way it sounds reasonable.. i applied to cam as well (got rejected) but i said no to a deferred entry in the saq.. gd luck to wherever u decide to go! :smile:

Thank you for understanding! I wont be allowed to travel during my gap year (very VERY protective parents. Cant even walk home alone in the dark, even though Im 17 -.- ) and all my friends will be at uni, so I dont want to be lonely for a year!
Original post by Elshad
Guys am I correct in thinking that rejections are handed out much faster after interview than offers. I've seen a few posts with people getting rejections the day after or a few days after?

Edit: *Somewhat faster

i think DCMed got his offer rlly quickly after his interview so... but generally speaking yh it looks like it
Reply 927
Original post by liass
Thank you for understanding! I wont be allowed to travel during my gap year (very VERY protective parents. Cant even walk home alone in the dark, even though Im 17 -.- ) and all my friends will be at uni, so I dont want to be lonely for a year!

Will you be 18 by september? so your parents don't mind you going to uni where you'll pretty much do whatever you want and yet they will mind if you simply travel? haha well i am sure that if you got cambridge you can get any offer!!
Original post by liass

So are you firming Imperial?

Original post by Master219
i think DCMed got his offer rlly quickly after his interview so... but generally speaking yh it looks like it

that's strange because they promise to tell me in 2 weeks, while the ucas updated itself 3 days after my interview,,
Original post by YvT1
Will you be 18 by september? so your parents don't mind you going to uni where you'll pretty much do whatever you want and yet they will mind if you simply travel? haha well i am sure that if you got cambridge you can get any offer!!

Lol i know people who get offers from cambridge for medicine and get rejected by like barts without an interview...
Original post by DCMed96

that's strange because they promise to tell me in 2 weeks, while the ucas updated itself 3 days after my interview,,

i knew u'd join us :wink:
how r u enjoying a life knowing ur going to imperial in october lol
Reply 931
Original post by DCMed96

Was ur interview before Christmas?, cos maybe that's why it was so fast
Reply 932
Original post by YvT1

Yeah I will be, I dont think they allow you to study medicine unless youre 18 by the time the course starts in the UK?
They do mind, but they cant really do anything about it as I wont be living with them. On a gap year, I'd have to live with them hence they can set any rule they want.
I sure hope so :frown: I know a girl in the year above though who got rejected from 3 unis and only got an offer from Cambridge!
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Hopefully we are

Mate, you'll be fine. You seemed confident on the day and were speaking well.
Reply 934
Original post by DCMed96

If I actually get an offer then yes most likely :redface: interview is late February
Reply 935
Lol i know people who get offers from cambridge for medicine and get rejected by like barts without an interview...

ok but that's maybe bcs their ukcat is low? actually i know people who got offer from cambridge and got rejected by all the other unis.. but maybe it's bcs they don't care any more.. dunno..
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by tans
well aren't you modest :tongue:

Yeah, along with being humble, clever, creative, humble, kind, considerate and humble, it's one of my best qualities. I almost forgot to mention that I'm also very humble.

I was the guy who asked a question about Muslim Medics (I think) on the tour and I also got drenched because I didn't have an umbrella.
Reply 937
Original post by liass
Yeah I will be, I dont think they allow you to study medicine unless youre 18 by the time the course starts in the UK?
They do mind, but they cant really do anything about it as I wont be living with them. On a gap year, I'd have to live with them hence they can set any rule they want.
I sure hope so :frown: I know a girl in the year above though who got rejected from 3 unis and only got an offer from Cambridge!

to be honest i know similar cases.. but you are at least 17.. i just turned 19 and having to do a gap year will really really suck.. are u from london? i am just asking out of curiosity ( i am eu )..
Original post by YvT1
ok but that's maybe bcs their ukcat is low? actually i know people who got offer from cambridge and got rejected by allotter unis.. but maybe it's bcs they don't care any more.. dunno..

hahaha, yh true lol i probs wouldnt care after i get an offer from cambridge, but u would want another offer as an insurance tbh. It cant be that low, i mean my ukcat is only 650 but i got a barts interview and im pretty sure theyll have much higher UMS's that they can show off on their UCAS...
But i guess those kinda ppl r pretty rare (i.e. get rejected from all other unis but get a cam offer...)
oh and when i said barts i forgot to mention all their other unis lol
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 939
hahaha, yh true lol i probs wouldnt care after i get an offer from cambridge, but u would want another offer as an insurance tbh. It cant be that low, i mean my ukcat is only 650 but i got a barts interview and im pretty sure theyll have much higher UMS's that they can show off on their UCAS...
But i guess those kinda ppl r pretty rare (i.e. get rejected from all other unis but get a cam offer...)

the 2 girls i know from my school who got cam over the last years were both rejected by the other 3.. but i just know 2.. so i am not sure.. maybe they were both some of the rare cases..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending