The Student Room Group

Computer Science Applicant visit day

Hi! Is anyone going to or have already been to an applicant visit day in either Bristol or Southampton?
I'll be going alone next month and I really want to know what I should expect to happen during the one-to-one interview and group tutorial session.
Btw, is the dress code formal or casual?

Hey, I wore casual clothes to the Southampton uni visit day. The interview was really casual, at first you would go into this room (with all other applicants) to know more about the course (student presentation) and they then call you out one by one. It is then almost a casual conversation with the interviewer, talking about your interests, subjects (I spoke about EPQ for the majority of it), and asking them questions at the end. I cannot remember completely as it was a month or two ago, but trust me, I was so worried for it and it ended up being so relaxed! I received an offer from them the next day, so good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by clover126
Hey, I wore casual clothes to the Southampton uni visit day. The interview was really casual, at first you would go into this room (with all other applicants) to know more about the course (student presentation) and they then call you out one by one. It is then almost a casual conversation with the interviewer, talking about your interests, subjects (I spoke about EPQ for the majority of it), and asking them questions at the end. I cannot remember completely as it was a month or two ago, but trust me, I was so worried for it and it ended up being so relaxed! I received an offer from them the next day, so good luck!

I have mine on the 30th of Jan, however I already received my offer so would there be a one on one interview for me? What would be the point?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HassanD
I have mine on the 30th of Jan, however I already received my offer so would there be a one on one interview for me? What would be the point?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think they would still want to get to know their applicants better and see their interests for this topic, but honestly there's nothing to worry. I called up initially asking them what would happen if I couldn't turn up on the day (as I live a few hours away) and they said it wouldn't matter if I couldn't go as they would still give me an offer. It's nice to go along and meet other people who could potentially be in your class if you decide to go there. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by chinchillas
Hi! Is anyone going to or have already been to an applicant visit day in either Bristol or Southampton?
I'll be going alone next month and I really want to know what I should expect to happen during the one-to-one interview and group tutorial session.
Btw, is the dress code formal or casual?

I am attending visit day at Bristol on the 4th Feb, also alone. When is yours?
Reply 5
I'll be going on the 18th of Feb.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending