The Student Room Group

To like or not to like

hey all! first of all, thank you for opening this thread and just reading through my feelings and thoughts. basically theres something (what others would see as a 'small' issue) bugging me....but its really been stressing me out and i dont know what to do i thought maybe i should just write out here in the forum and see if id get any advice/just let the steam out because, quite frankly, i dont know who else to talk to ! (just to clarify, i od have friends and they do know about my situation but i just dont really want to bother them with my 'issue')

basically, i think i have a crush on this classmate...that i dont really know. its weird, right? i dont really know this guy yet i quite ('quite' might be an understatement) fancy him. we talk quite a lot in real life, however, onlien/phone...not at all. ive only met him as a classmate just a couple months ago, and only is it these weeks which was when we've started talking.

a bit about him: i guess hes quite cute, smart, but at the same time i feel that hes really flirtatious...i mean, nobody's perfect right !! but the other big thiing is that...we're kinda on different ''popularity levels'', if you guys get me. he's like, mr. popular at our school and im just...well, not a nobody for SURE but definitely not as popular as he is

sooo today...i finally had the guts to try and initiate a talk with him online (previous chats we had online were all initiated by him, but....they were all just homework related). soo this time, i tried to ask him a homework-rleated problem too! dumb, right? what happened? well...thanks to facebook, i get to see whether he's been online or not. basically, he hasnt "seen" my message yet, but i can see that his "last active time" was......after my message was sent. IN OTHER WORDS, he ignored my message.

and quite frankly i dont know what this means and i dont know what i should do or what i should feel, im just really confused. i know hes not into me...but im still willing to give it a try (its rare, coming from me HAHA) im split between two ways, a. give it another go, or b. just forget about him and concentrate on my studies or whatever

sorry for the long post and thank you if you are reading this !! man typing this all out does make me feel somewhat better
I wouldn't read too much into that. He may have logged on but not had the time to check his messages, been online for a specific purpose, got distracted or whatever. It's like on this website, I don't always respond to PMs straight away, and sometimes I fully intend to respond to someone and then I have to do something offline and I forget :colondollar:.

I recommend keeping up the conversations offline and trying to get to know him better. He obviously at least likes you as a person, otherwise he wouldn't be communicating with you! Get to know his hobbies, interests etc, so that next time perhaps you can message him with something different than homework stuff. In other words, just see how it goes :smile:.
Ignore what Facebook says, mine always says I'm active because I'm logged in on my phone automatically so it might say he's active when he's not, just give him chance to reply.
You said you asked him a homework question so if he doesn't reply when you need help but initiates conversations when he needs you to answer his question then he's really rather selfish and not worth it anyway.
Reply 3
Original post by Kittiara
I wouldn't read too much into that. He may have logged on but not had the time to check his messages, been online for a specific purpose, got distracted or whatever. It's like on this website, I don't always respond to PMs straight away, and sometimes I fully intend to respond to someone and then I have to do something offline and I forget :colondollar:.

I recommend keeping up the conversations offline and trying to get to know him better. He obviously at least likes you as a person, otherwise he wouldn't be communicating with you! Get to know his hobbies, interests etc, so that next time perhaps you can message him with something different than homework stuff. In other words, just see how it goes :smile:.

thanks for the advice :smile: ill try it and let you know how it goes :')

Original post by asdfghjklEllie
Ignore what Facebook says, mine always says I'm active because I'm logged in on my phone automatically so it might say he's active when he's not, just give him chance to reply.
You said you asked him a homework question so if he doesn't reply when you need help but initiates conversations when he needs you to answer his question then he's really rather selfish and not worth it anyway.

thanks !! also, thanks for letting see this from another perspective!! im so...caught up with just who he is that ive totally forgot about that ^
Reply 4
Okay so i thought i may be actually overanalyzing things BUT it has officially been 24 hours and there's still no reply / no "seen at ____pm". am i safe to assume that he's ignoring me? if so...should i just forget about this guy and move on cos he's actually not worth my time??
Reply 5
Your logic: Guy doesn't read a message = He's ignoring :facepalm:

He could be busy with something important :dontknow:
Reply 6
Original post by Enoxial
Your logic: Guy doesn't read a message = He's ignoring :facepalm:

He could be busy with something important :dontknow:

i ...am so sensitive :mad: urghhH HHEIFGWHOEFJIKHOsohwijdmogbhohoiwhgie ;( if only i could put this whole thing to one side..
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
i ...am so sensitive :mad: urghhH HHEIFGWHOEFJIKHOsohwijdmogbhohoiwhgie ;( if only i could put this whole thing to one side..

If you're so sensitive so why did you let him in to your heart?
Reply 8
Original post by Enoxial
If you're so sensitive so why did you let him in to your heart?

is it even possible to control your heart.... D;
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous

Just to let you know, it's not weird to fall for someone you don't really know. Aha, I know how you feel like, well, just remember that most guys don't really know how to read in between lines. Tell him if you really want him to know that you fancy him.

..and you're not dumb. Just clueless I guess :smile:

Here's a hug for you :hugs:
Original post by HSafirah
Just to let you know, it's not weird to fall for someone you don't really know. Aha, I know how you feel like, well, just remember that most guys don't really know how to read in between lines. Tell him if you really want him to know that you fancy him.

..and you're not dumb. Just clueless I guess :smile:

Here's a hug for you :hugs:

you're so kind :') :hugs: thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending