The Student Room Group

Criminology

Hey!

Has anyone applied to study criminology at university this september? If so, where have you applied?

Also, is anyone currently studying it, and where? Want to see what I've left myself in for, thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by robyndeborah
Hey!

Has anyone applied to study criminology at university this september? If so, where have you applied?

Also, is anyone currently studying it, and where? Want to see what I've left myself in for, thank you!

I've applied for criminology at York, Huddersfield, Northumbria, Leeds met & teesside.

I've had offers from York, Huddersfield & teesside so far.

So where have you applied for?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Aw cool! I've applied to Anglia Ruskin, De Montfort, Northampton and Bedfordshire :smile:
Aw cool! I've applied to Anglia Ruskin, De Montfort, Northampton and Bedfordshire :smile:

So what do you plan on doing career wise?
Reply 4
I want to work with youth offenders, what about you?
I want to work with youth offenders, what about you?

The same. I've been volunteering with the youth offending team for the last 2 months.

I'll go where ever life takes me. I might change my mind after 3 years. Uni is about experiencing new things.
Reply 6
That's incredible! Ahhh I like your way if thinking, good luck :smile:
That's incredible! Ahhh I like your way if thinking, good luck :smile:

I'm also considering postgraduate but I guess it depends what kind of grades I get.
Reply 8
Applied to cumbria, Northumbria, Teesside and sunderland.
Got an unconditional from cumbria for criminology and social sciences so pretty sure I want to go there, super excited :biggrin:
Reply 9
Aww well done! 😊
Original post by Vicodin
Applied to cumbria, Northumbria, Teesside and sunderland.
Got an unconditional from cumbria for criminology and social sciences so pretty sure I want to go there, super excited :biggrin:

I guess you already have the qualifications/grade's to get in?
Reply 11
Original post by simondo93
I guess you already have the qualifications/grade's to get in?

Yes, I'm 20 and have already done A levels and had enough ucas points for 4 of the courses I applied to, which is why I got unconditional.
Original post by Vicodin
Yes, I'm 20 and have already done A levels and had enough ucas points for 4 of the courses I applied to, which is why I got unconditional.

Whereas I'm 21 and decided that working in dead end jobs in the hospitality industry wasn't for me anymore. Just over halfway through an access course now.
Reply 13
Whereas I'm 21 and decided that working in dead end jobs in the hospitality industry wasn't for me anymore. Just over halfway through an access course now.

Ah I see you applied to uni?
Original post by Vicodin
Ah I see you applied to uni?

Look at the first reply to this thread.
Reply 15
Look at the first reply to this thread.

Ah, sorry. Well done on getting your offers.
I've applied for criminology at essex, bangor, huddersfield .. But i don't have a enormous passion or something like that , i applied just because it sounded interesting... If you can tell me please , what are the directly related careers to this course ? Criminology is a hard subject ?
Original post by ahmshere
I've applied for criminology at essex, bangor, huddersfield .. But i don't have a enormous passion or something like that , i applied just because it sounded interesting... If you can tell me please , what are the directly related careers to this course ? Criminology is a hard subject ?

Things like police, probation, prison service are directly related. You could do whatever you want as a lot of graduates end up in careers that aren't related to your degree.

You could go onto postgraduate courses, most are more interested in what grade you got rather than subject.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 18
I have applied to the University of Manchester, Southampton, Cardiff,UWE and Birmingham City.

I have received an unconditional offer from Birmingham City and conditional offers from the other 4!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I have recieved offers from bedfordshire, anglia ruskin, coventry, canterbury and brighton.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest