The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1

It is wrong but to be fair, only because society says so. If we think about it - how did we come about? It was via this method.

I agree it is bad but not the most shocking thing in the world.
Ew. I just vomited in my mouth.

and she tries to justify it lol. Children born out of incest tend to have problems and the Royal Family has plenty of locked up relatives that they don't want you to know about. :wink:
Yuck. To be fair, GSA isn't unheard of when the people involved have been apart for so long. I don't feel horrified by the fact they have feelings for each other, it's the fact they're acting upon it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by jedanselemyia

and she tries to justify it lol. Children born out of incest tend to have problems and the Royal Family has plenty of locked up relatives that they don't want you to know about. :wink:

haha LOL
Original post by iAmanze
It is wrong but to be fair, only because society says so. If we think about it - how did we come about? It was via this method.

I agree it is bad but not the most shocking thing in the world.

"Humans have evolved an inbuilt method to prevent incest, research out today suggests.Evolutionary psychologists think humans developed two cues to determine how disgusted siblings feel about incest.
Watching a mother care for a younger brother or sister and the amount of time spent with a sibling help humans realise they are genetically related, the research says.
These cues also affect moral opposition to incest between other people, and how willing siblings are to help each other."

Original post by Ekemini
haha LOL

It's true though! :smile:
Reply 7
They're both adults, as long as it's not a relationship where trust is being abused then they can make their own decisions. Not really anyone elses business tbh.
Saw link Daily Mail. And left.
electra complex of peace

inb4 daddy's home
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
We have bigger societal issues to worry about than consensual incest between two adults who are closely related, for the vast majority of people it would never be an issue due to humans natural aversion to porking their close relatives and for those who do it really isn't that big of a deal, the whole derp derp genetics stuff is really hypocritical considering as a society we don't prevent people with hereditary illnesses from breeding and many cultures now part of British society practise cousin marriage over multiple generations and no one is talking about banning that. Ultimately it does just come down to "its disgusting" which really isn't a good reason for people to face criminal charges.
Reply 11
Original post by turn-to-page394
Saw link Daily Mail. And left.

I almost did too. What is the big deal about Daily mail though?
Reply 12
Original post by jimi191
We have bigger societal issues to worry about than consensual incest between two adults who are closely related, for the vast majority of people it would never be an issue due to humans natural aversion to porking their close relatives and for those who do it really isn't that big of a deal, the whole derp derp genetics stuff is really hypocritical considering as a society we don't prevent people with hereditary illnesses from breeding and many cultures now part of British society practise cousin marriage over multiple generations and no one is talking about banning that. Ultimately it does just come down to "its disgusting" which really isn't a good reason for people to face criminal charges.

hmmmm
Original post by alow
They're both adults, as long as it's not a relationship where trust is being abused then they can make their own decisions. Not really anyone elses business tbh.

I'm inclined to agree, especially as they never had a father/daughter relationship anyway.

Incest is simply taboo, just as homosexuality was not so long ago. If it's legally consensual, people have no right to judge. Just because you find something distasteful or wrong according to your standards or perceptions, that doesn't mean it should be banned. We live in a liberal democracy where people are free to express themselves however they like, within the law.
You don't do dem tingz

This. I don't think there are problems with their getting married, but it's very risky for them to reproduce.
Original post by clh_hilary
This. I don't think there are problems with their getting married, but it's very risky for them to reproduce.

You're right, they can marry although it's hella messed up but the children... :frown:
You're right, they can marry although it's hella messed up but the children... :frown:

But I suppose if we let disabled people or people with known inheritable illnesses to reproduce, we cannot really stop them.
Original post by Reluire
I'm inclined to agree, especially as they never had a father/daughter relationship anyway.

Incest is simply taboo, just as homosexuality was not so long ago. If it's legally consensual, people have no right to judge. Just because you find something distasteful or wrong according to your standards or perceptions, that doesn't mean it should be banned. We live in a liberal democracy where people are free to express themselves however they like, within the law.

There's a notable difference between homosexuality and incest.

Homosexuality doesn't reproduce problematic children, and instead research showed that they'd be better parents.

If it involves children, it's not just about those two consenting adults.
Original post by clh_hilary
But I suppose if we let disabled people or people with known inheritable illnesses to reproduce, we cannot really stop them.

True that. But still :frown:
It's just weird that adult incest is even allowed in New Jersey, where they live 😨

Latest

Trending

Trending