London

LSE entry 2015

Scroll to see replies

49% of my course is foreign students according to Which
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by xxxraooz
2 A's plus an A* in Maths and predicted 4 A*s wbu?

btw did you get 4 week email from them yet? My friends all got email today so I'm getting nervous now

Predicted 4a*s too! :smile: yeah I have the 4 week email, how many weeks are you into the 8 week email?
Are all economists here looking to go into investment banking by any chance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not even just all economists - all LSE hopefuls :tongue:
Original post by Mr Inquisitive

So true Lololol
Original post by Thestudent100
There's a separate thread for management and yes one or two offers from what i've read. I'm also waiting for management...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Also waiting for management...I am despair now:smile: 2 weeks+8 weeks+2 weeks+4 weeks aaaaaaaaaaa!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EHZ17

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by jchap9776
So true Lololol

I'm going into Asset Management. Hopefully I see you all at their finance societies :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PrincessAlexis

I'm going into Asset Management. Hopefully I see you all at their finance societies :smile:

With an investment bank, or a straight AM firm like BlackRock? That's my plan too as it happens :smile: Hopefully see you there!
Reply 2348
Original post by harrybithell196
I really want Bankside. It is pretty new and I'd get to walk past St Pauls and over Millennium Bridge every morning which just sounds so good. I'm not bothered about being really close to the school like some people. I get up early enough as it is now, so I don't need to worry about that. I still haven't seen acc. in the flesh. I'll get to see it on the Offer Holders' Day!

How about you?

I just want an en-suite probably. I really don't want to share toilets haha
And for the location if is is close enough to walk less than 30mins to get to uni then I won't mind.
I'll probably go to the offer holder day too.
Original post by Thestudent100
There's a separate thread for management and yes one or two offers from what i've read. I'm also waiting for management...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by yongshrim
Also waiting for management...I am despair now:smile: 2 weeks+8 weeks+2 weeks+4 weeks aaaaaaaaaaa!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ucas2015app
Has anyone got an offer for management in the past week?

Management seem to have been quiet on this thread for the past few weeks, there's barely been any mention of management until this past couple of days really!
I actually am interested in investment banking, but If I get in LSE, I don't know how banks would view International Relations and History. Maybe I'll transfer into Economics after my first year.

I plan on going to America or China after university (if I get into LSE of course). I am Chinese-American, but I would like to go to the UK to gain a truly international perspective, so to say.

I doubt I'll be going to LSE :/
Original post by anyonenobody
Have a friend who was rejected, its pretty competitive, 336 applicants for 36 spots

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah damn, that makes me worried. Only 36 spots?? I guess my application is a shot in the dark :eek:
Original post by drcharisma
I actually am interested in investment banking, but If I get in LSE, I don't know how banks would view International Relations and History. Maybe I'll transfer into Economics after my first year.

I plan on going to America or China after university (if I get into LSE of course). I am Chinese-American, but I would like to go to the UK to gain a truly international perspective, so to say.

Would be a total waste of time switching to Econ for the sake of IB as Econ is in no way a prerequisite for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
With an investment bank, or a straight AM firm like BlackRock? That's my plan too as it happens :smile: Hopefully see you there!

Oh great, well whichever one of them will have me! Can't be picky :smile:.Somewhere like BlackRock would be ideal but don't mind spending a few years at a BB then moving. I really hope you get in and I see you there LSE has such great societies dedicated to helping us get into the best firms. It's in London, it just works great for people who want to go into banking/am etc.
Would be a total waste of time switching to Econ for the sake of IB as Econ is in no way a prerequisite for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is also very hard, I wouldn't advise someone to take on such a degree just for the sake of it. LSE is already quite difficult. Better a 1st in IR than a 2.2 in Econ (after years of hating it).
Original post by EHZ17
I doubt I'll be going to LSE :/

stay positive, friend :smile:
stay positive, friend :smile:

I mean... I have an offer, but I probably won't firm
Original post by EHZ17
I mean... I have an offer, but I probably won't firm

Oh :redface:

where do you think you will firm ?

Quick Reply

Latest