The Student Room Group

The Liverpool FC Thread XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Villa are so crap.

I admit defeat. :innocent:

What'd I say?! :h:

Original post by Zerforax
Lambert showing his experience with that goal.

It was a really nice finish, I'm glad Sterling got a assist too.
Original post by The.Joker
What'd I say?! :h:

You said you'd win comfortably and I disagreed. You were right, Villa are just so :facepalm2:
Ffs Eriksen gets Spurs the 3 points...
2 goals, 3 points and another clean sheet for Mignolet :smile:
You said you'd win comfortably and I disagreed. You were right, Villa are just so :facepalm2:

It wasn't particularly comfortable at times, such a shame Villa can't finish for their lives. They had numerous chances to score and we were under severe pressure, it could have gone either way tbh.

I hope Arsenal lose tomorrow, it'd be a good weekend if that happens. :colone:
Original post by A Mysterious Lord
2 goals, 3 points and another clean sheet for Mignolet :smile:

Yep generally a solid performance. We were poor for about 20 mins in that 2nd half.
2-0 win, CS, 2nd PL game in a row with a CS. Both teams could have easily got more goals But happy for the win. 2nd half was a bit worrying as for the 1st 20 mins or so we just couldn't get the ball in their half for long.

Nice for Borini to get the goal too but other than that he was poor, could have done better with some of his 1st touches too. Nice to see Lambert getting on the score sheet too.

3 points, clean sheet, will take it.
Balotelli is our only (first team) Forward not to have scored a league goal this season.
We can't play that 3-4-3 against West Ham. They will get so much freedom to cross from the wings and Carroll will destroy us.

I hope Arsenal lose tomorrow, it'd be a good weekend if that happens. :colone:

Can. You. Not :colonhash:

We probs will so dw about it.
Can. You. Not :colonhash:

We probs will so dw about it.

I hope City demolish you guys. :sogood:

Chelsea on Tuesday, how's everyone feeling about it? A win would be amazing but I just don't see it happening in all honesty.
I hope City demolish you guys. :sogood:

Chelsea on Tuesday, how's everyone feeling about it? A win would be amazing but I just don't see it happening in all honesty.

City will demolish Arsenal (although im starting to think they might get a draw) and Chelsea will steamroll Liverpool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce
City will demolish Arsenal (although im starting to think they might get a draw) and Chelsea will steamroll Liverpool

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree with the latter.

Chelsea will slap you lots about.
On my break; so happy we won!
Really glad for my boy Lambert too :biggrin:

Chelsea result makes me more nervous about next week but if arsenal drop points tomorrow we'll be right behind them.

P.S: I hate Spurs with a passion.
Agree with the latter.

Chelsea will slap you lots about.

What about the former? :colone:
Exquisite pass from Henderson for the first goal. That's exactly why he needs to play in the middle and Gerrard's departure will benefit him in the long run. He's displaying captaincy qualities these days, and he seems to be a natural successor to Gerrard in terms of temperament/leadership, even if he'll never achieve the same ability.

Never thought I'd see Borini and Lambert on the same scoresheet tbh.

Mignolet looked solid - that's probably the best I've seen him play this term - but Sterling looked rusty, given his break, and Markovic/Coutinho were both quiet by their standards.

Can't help but think that's because of the opposition in part, though. Aston Villa never troubled us, except Benteke forcing that Mignolet stop, and it was a case of our lads just grinding out the win with a professional but unspectacular performance.
Great to hear that Lucas is going nowhere, too.
Not sure if we should be playing 3-4-3 against Chelsea.. I feel like it's easy enough to rip apart if you're a good team.
Reply 8978
Original post by Zerforax
Not sure if we should be playing 3-4-3 against Chelsea.. I feel like it's easy enough to rip apart if you're a good team.

you really don't like the 3-4-3 do you? :P the fact is we've been better defensively since we've started using it.
Original post by sr90
Spurs aren't a threat to anyone. You just know they'll do their standard end of season bottle job and finish 6th.

I never thought Southampton would still be either but here they sit above both Liverpool and Arsenal.
We're a point behind Arsenal, on great form and Sturridge is about to return.
Things are different if Arsenal win tomorrow but you see my point.

I never gave up on top 4, even when our own fans were writing us off...
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest