The Student Room Group

need help on choosing uni

I have been accepted by 4 universities:
Manchester Metropolitan - Finance and Banking
Nottingham Trent - Economics, International Finance and Banking
Northumbria - Finance and Investment Management
Sheffield Hallam - Finance and Investment

My aim is to become a stock broker/trader or go into Investment Banking after uni and not sure which course is best. I need your advice on where I should study at and pros and cons of each course. thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by realcloud

My aim is to become a stock broker/trader or go into Investment Banking after uni and not sure which course is best. I need your advice on where I should study at and pros and cons of each course. thanks

Haven't you done any research beforehand?
These are poor unis

Original post by Mary562
Reply 3
Original post by schindlers list
These are poor unis

why and which university are you at?
Reply 4
Original post by Mary562

yes but it is difficult decision
Reply 5
These are poor unis

I've never heard of such unis before. It's quite disappointing to hear people asking about different unis (pros and cons) when they could do the research themselves.
Reply 6
Original post by Mary562
I've never heard of such unis before. It's quite disappointing to hear people asking about different unis (pros and cons) when they could do the research themselves.

As previous stated I have done research myself and now I am asking people if they know about the courses. You obviously are stupid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
As previous stated I have done research myself and now I am asking people if they know about the courses. You obviously are stupid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry but I don't know anything about any of them unis/courses
Thanks for letting me know - I am stupid anything else you want to say?
I don't think your chances are very high going into investment banking with any of these, unless you have connections. If you don't already have them, then it's quite difficult for you in the future as I don't think they will take interns from these universities either.

But I suppose Sheffield Hallam.
Reply 9
Original post by clh_hilary
I don't think your chances are very high going into investment banking with any of these, unless you have connections. If you don't already have them, then it's quite difficult for you in the future as I don't think they will take interns from these universities either.

But I suppose Sheffield Hallam.

Why Hallam??

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean they are all very bad universities but Hallam is better I guess.

But if you study in Manchester, you may be able to build up your connection for being in the city.

I don't know.
Reply 11
I mean they are all very bad universities but Hallam is better I guess.

But if you study in Manchester, you may be able to build up your connection for being in the city.

I don't know.

They aren't very bad uni's imo all went up around 12 places each in the league tables. Northumbria and Nottingham trent are ranked higher than Hallam.
Look on WhatUni.com, you can filter reviews for each course. Find your course and the are usually well detailed student reviews about every aspect of the uni as well as the course

Posted from TSR Mobile
They aren't very bad uni's imo all went up around 12 places each in the league tables. Northumbria and Nottingham trent are ranked higher than Hallam.

You asked, I answered.
You asked, I answered.

What clh is saying is true.
Why didnt you go to a better uni like Manchester or Leicester?
What clh is saying is true.
Why didnt you go to a better uni like Manchester or Leicester?

Judging from the choices made, I'd think they haven't got the grades.
Reply 16
Judging from the choices made, I'd think they haven't got the grades.

Do not do the courses...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do not do the courses...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah, because these are the top universities in the UK which offer finance or any business-related discipline.

Also, if you want to go into investment banking, where you attended matters a lot more than what your degree is on.
Reply 18
Oh yeah, because these are the top universities in the UK which offer finance or any business-related discipline.

Also, if you want to go into investment banking, where you attended matters a lot more than what your degree is on.

Lol that's one of the most stupid things I have heard.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What he said is true
Doing politics at Oxford > finance at Manchester Metropolitan
Lol that's one of the most stupid things I have heard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending