The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Commuting to Surrey Uni Sept 2015

Does anyone commute to Surrey Uni??

I'm going to be going into my second year in September and I'm seriously considering moving back home and commuting in (I live about 70 to 90 mins away by train). This will save me a few thousand pounds and also help with personal reasons.

However I was just wondering what it was like for those who do it currently?? Do you feel isolated at all?? Or is it nice to have it separate??

Thanks!!
Reply 1
Original post by Hannah.109

I'm going to be going into my second year in September and I'm seriously considering moving back home and commuting in (I live about 70 to 90 mins away by train). This will save me a few thousand pounds and also help with personal reasons.

However I was just wondering what it was like for those who do it currently?? Do you feel isolated at all?? Or is it nice to have it separate??

Thanks!!

Hi there, I commute myself and I don't feel isolated at all. I've met loads of other people who commute as well, its a bit tiring to begin with but you get use to it.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by NOONA.
Hi there, I commute myself and I don't feel isolated at all. I've met loads of other people who commute as well, its a bit tiring to begin with but you get use to it.

Oh that's awesome, thank you! I'm actually going to start commuting in this semester now and I'm quite excited in a weird way :')
Thanks again!!
Original post by Hannah.109

Thanks!!

Hi Hannah, you should be absolutely fine commuting in - lots of students do it and definitely don't feel isolated at all :smile:

Hope your move to commuting goes well!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending