The Student Room Group

The Uni Study Thread Mark IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Psyc_Girl
No motivation left.. But just one exam left :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in the same position! Thursday couldn't come any quicker!
Original post by MathsNerd1
I'm in the same position! Thursday couldn't come any quicker!

Exactly the same for me, except mine is Tuesday!
Exactly the same for me, except mine is Tuesday!

Just means you get longer to relax, that's all!
Just means you get longer to relax, that's all!

True, but sadly not. I have an assignment due on the 30th and then a class test on the 2nd Feb :frown: never ending work!
True, but sadly not. I have an assignment due on the 30th and then a class test on the 2nd Feb :frown: never ending work!

That's unfortunate, I'm sure it will begin to slow down soon enough, just don't give up :smile:
Original post by WhamBamJam.
How many lectures do you have per module? They probably don't expect many details if you can't go into depth much during the course.

We have 12 hours of lectures a term - one hour per week.

I do psychology! I had an essay exam today, and I prepared by making notes and then condensing them into mindmaps. After this I'd keep reading over them again and again and to try and remember the information, I would use a whiteboard to write down what I could remember for a specific topic, add what I missed in a different colour and wipe it off and do it again until I got everything. It seemed to work for me as I remembered the majority for what I needed in my essay today!

Edit: Oh and practice past essays in timed conditions!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh thank you that was really helpful. :smile:
That's unfortunate, I'm sure it will begin to slow down soon enough, just don't give up :smile:

Hopefully! This term is going to be different for me, I only have 2 assignments and the rest are class tests!

Original post by LeaX

That's okay :redface:
So much work to do, but I feel like my head is going to explode! thanks to @mathsnerd :rant:

feeling so mentally drained :sigh:
Original post by LeaX

Ok yeah so that's not much per one.. just a lot of juggling! We have 30 lectures per module so 90 lectures. I'd say then huge amounts of detail isn't required so just learn what they tell you inside out. :smile:
Had my first chilled day not doing any uni work in I can't remember how long. Feels so good though.
Handed in essay of doom Thursday and decided yesterday and today would be total days of chilling out, no pressure to do work, just have fun. Of course I then get a migraine yesterday and today :frown:

Hope it goes by tomorrow as I need to start doing some work again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exam the other day was hard. Only need to pass though.

A student got 41% in this module and is now getting firsts. So there's hope. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've woken up feeling absolutely sick about tomorrow's exam. I haven't been able to cover many topics so I'm hoping so desperately that the ones I've revised for will be questions in the exam. If they aren't then I'm pretty much ****ed, there's been way too much content (and presented awfully) for me to be able to discuss something that wasn't included in my revision. Even a pass feels unlikely at the minute.
Original post by sliceofcake
I've woken up feeling absolutely sick about tomorrow's exam. I haven't been able to cover many topics so I'm hoping so desperately that the ones I've revised for will be questions in the exam. If they aren't then I'm pretty much ****ed, there's been way too much content (and presented awfully) for me to be able to discuss something that wasn't included in my revision. Even a pass feels unlikely at the minute.

Firstly :hugs:

Secondly, I know this feeling completely back from my undergrad days :sadnod: I would recommend trying to calm down and cover at least the big topics if you can. If you then have time, look at smaller topics. But have a really structured day today and I know that you'll be fine for tomorrow :hugs:

Write a to do list here? :smile:
Original post by Slowbro93
Firstly :hugs:

Secondly, I know this feeling completely back from my undergrad days :sadnod: I would recommend trying to calm down and cover at least the big topics if you can. If you then have time, look at smaller topics. But have a really structured day today and I know that you'll be fine for tomorrow :hugs:

Write a to do list here? :smile:

Thank you :smile:
Sorry I never replied sooner, I actually made myself come away from the internet all day to get things done. I have those really cool Post It whiteboard notes, so I've got 2 little to do lists on the go that I can wipe away once I've gotten them done. Despite not seeing your reply until now, I followed exactly what you said! I've covered an extra main topic... not extensively, but I'll be doing a little more in the morning and re-reading all of my notes before the exam. Hopefully I'll be able to do enough to at least pass, the idea of resitting this exam and having to learn it all again later is unbearable.
I forgot how to write an essay :cry2: :lolwut:
Original post by MyName??!
I forgot how to write an essay :cry2: :lolwut:

It should have a beginning, middle and end, there's nothing more to it :tongue:
Thursday will probably be my first and last failed module, it's just gibberish!
It should have a beginning, middle and end, there's nothing more to it :tongue:

blah blah blah tis so hard :cry2:

...... it really is :emo:
Original post by MyName??!
blah blah blah tis so hard :cry2:

...... it really is :emo:

I feel ya :hugs:

-------
400 words in 1.5 hours. Yay, concentration! but I might just wrap it up now, it's not graded... no deadline... just to see the writing style. :colonhash: 1217 words may just be enough (out of the 2000 he originally wanted...)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending