The Student Room Group

**** it! I am going to defend Islam!

Scroll to see replies

And you're also not allowed to hit if you think it won't make a difference... Only if you believe the warning will be heeded is it allowed...

And sorry but erm how many instances of domestic violence have you heard from Muslim houses.... Because me.. 0

And non Muslim houses... Quite a lot... So maybe you're talking to the wrong people about domestic violence... Personally... I would never hit my wife... And my dad has never hit my mum... Neither have any of my uncles or cousins hit any of their wives... It's not a command... It's just allowed under certain circumstances
Original post by ttaylor17
And you're also not allowed to hit if you think it won't make a difference... Only if you believe the warning will be heeded is it allowed...

And sorry but erm how many instances of domestic violence have you heard from Muslim houses.... Because me.. 0

And non Muslim houses... Quite a lot... So maybe you're talking to the wrong people about domestic violence... Personally... I would never hit my wife... And my dad has never hit my mum... Neither have any of my uncles or cousins hit any of their wives... It's not a command... It's just allowed under certain circumstances

Hahahaha

You really think muslim women will go to the police? Course not, it's part of their culture to expect to get hit.

Non muslim women report domestic violence because it's not in their culture and want to live in a domestic violence free house.

Also I watched a channel 4 documentary last year where muslim women who have suffered domestic violence visited their imam. But police? Never.
Original post by bittr n swt
I'm the idiot when you're the one condoning domestic violence? How ironic....

If your Quran is fact, who wrote it? How do you really know mo is real? Evidence or goaway

Do you think you're the first person to ask that... Because you're not... Neither will you be the last... The Qur'an was written on the 'preserved tablet' before the creation of the universe... It was then revealed to the Prophet in portions over a course of 23 years... When it was revealed to him... The Prophet would then recite it to his companions... Some of whom would memorise it on the spot... Others would write it on anything they could find... Leather... Bone... Parchment...

After the Prophet passed away... There were many huffaz (people who memorised the Qur'an), but they were all passing away in wars... And people started fearing that the Quran may be lost forever... So during the reign of Caliph Abu Bakr... Omar came to him and requested that one whole copy of the Qur'an be written... As this had not existed at the time... So the Caliph ordered Zaid ibn Thabit... who was the scribe of the Prophet... To gather the Qur'an from all the huffaz... All the parchments and things that it was written on... And make one full Qur'an... He used a particular method... Can't write it here but he used the testimony of a few Huffaz for each part he wrote... And that's how we came to have the written Qur'an... It wasn't written or made by his companions... Nor was it given to him in book form...
Do you think you're the first person to ask that... Because you're not... Neither will you be the last... The Qur'an was written on the 'preserved tablet' before the creation of the universe... It was then revealed to the Prophet in portions over a course of 23 years... When it was revealed to him... The Prophet would then recite it to his companions... Some of whom would memorise it on the spot... Others would write it on anything they could find... Leather... Bone... Parchment...

After the Prophet passed away... There were many huffaz (people who memorised the Qur'an), but they were all passing away in wars... And people started fearing that the Quran may be lost forever... So during the reign of Caliph Abu Bakr... Omar came to him and requested that one whole copy of the Qur'an be written... As this had not existed at the time... So the Caliph ordered Zaid ibn Thabit... who was the scribe of the Prophet... To gather the Qur'an from all the huffaz... All the parchments and things that it was written on... And make one full Qur'an... He used a particular method... Can't write it here but he used the testimony of a few Huffaz for each part he wrote... And that's how we came to have the written Qur'an... It wasn't written or made by his companions... Nor was it given to him in book form...

Reciting a fairy tale is not evidence. Where is the evidence?
Original post by DiddyDec
Reciting a fairy tale is not evidence. Where is the evidence?

And what, oh sir... May ask, will qualify as evidence for you..
I'm the idiot when you're the one condoning domestic violence? How ironic....

If your Quran is fact, who wrote it? How do you really know mo is real? Evidence or goaway

I'm not condoning domestic violence... I'm against it... Any form of domestic violence should be punished... But... In my opinion... Hitting someone with a tooth brush using the elbow as a pivot making the hit so light that it feels like a touch isn't violence
I'm not condoning domestic violence... I'm against it... Any form of domestic violence should be punished... But... In my opinion... Hitting someone with a tooth brush using the elbow as a pivot making the hit so light that it feels like a touch isn't violence

Feels like touch? Don't sugar coat it.

Do you live in a real world? Shoulder pivot, elbow pivot, knee pivot, I don't give a ****, it's still unnecessary violence.

There's no respect whatsoever in a violent relationship.
Oh and you're a hypocrite
Feels like touch? Don't sugar coat it.

Do you live in a real world? Shoulder pivot, elbow pivot, knee pivot, I don't give a ****, it's still unnecessary violence.

There's no respect whatsoever in a violent relationship.
Oh and you're a hypocrite

Muslim marriages have a lot of respect, love and trust... If a husband feels he needs to reprimand... Then God has given him permission... But husbands usually don't... You will find that in most marriages... The women actually rule the house... Anyway whatever happens in a Muslim marriage had nothing to do with you... If you become Muslim one day, may God guide you to the truth, and you marry a Muslim woman... You can choose not to hit her... And no divine punishment or scholarly command will come to you and tell you to hit her
Original post by Dani California

I had no idea that Muslims had such fulfilling sex lives. :tongue:

Our Prophet actually invented the French kiss...
The only thing you're allowed to hit them with is a miswaak... Don't know if you've heard of it... Called the magic wand or something in boots... We use it to clean our teeth... And that isn't like our hitting where we pull our whole hand back... Or extend our whole arm... We can only hit with the forearm... As in use the elbow as a pivot... Not the shoulder... It is used for warnings... And if i hit you like that... You'd probably think I was trying to tickle you... It's simply a subtle reminder... Or warning

so islam treats women like pets.

Because that's the way many people treat their pets when they misbehave. When people get a new cat they may squirt water at it when it damages furniture, would such an actions be reasonable in a healthy nonsexist relationship, no, it would not.
Original post by RFUR1
As the title states I am up for any debates, arguments, confrontations etc, about Islam and anything relating to Islam.

You can say anything you want, ask me anything you want, tell me anything you want and I reply to you and defend Islam (if and when it needs to be).This entire Islam debate (including all of the threads, posts and opinions about Islam and things relating to Islam) on the TSR seems to be very unbalanced. I am here to offer a different perspective on Islam and on any issues relating to Islam to try and make this (big) Muslim debate (which never seems to end) more balanced.

I am not a Muslim!

How could you possibly defend a barbaric, outdated way of living unless you have been brainwashed to follow it?
Muslim marriages have a lot of respect, love and trust... If a husband feels he needs to reprimand... Then God has given him permission... But husbands usually don't... You will find that in most marriages... The women actually rule the house... Anyway whatever happens in a Muslim marriage had nothing to do with you... If you become Muslim one day, may God guide you to the truth, and you marry a Muslim woman... You can choose not to hit her... And no divine punishment or scholarly command will come to you and tell you to hit her

You sicko. How can you come on here and condone hitting women? "You can choose not to hit her" - you are proud of that? That your sick religion tells you "well you can choose not to, but if you do, that is cool, too". Disgusting. Absolutely vile.
Islam is just the result of Chinese whispers. It is not coincidental that islam, a religion founded 400 years after Christianity, has so much in common with Christianity...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 153
Original post by skunkboy
Define these two words, please.

1. Insult
2. Criticize

Posted from TSR Mobile

Insult

1. Speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse.

2. A disrespectful or scornfully abusive remark or act.

Criticise

1. Indicate the faults of (someone or something) in a disapproving way.

Now I have heard some people on TSR criticise Islam, Muhammad and its followers but I have also heard people insult Islam, Muhammad and its followers. I have read all sorts. The one example that springs to mind is 'dirty old mo' which I came across recently on TSR and this is just one of many insults bandied about on TSR relating to Islam. Now don't you try and tell me that's not an insult.
Reply 154
Original post by Michael_Real
Islam is just the result of Chinese whispers. It is not coincidental that islam, a religion founded 400 years after Christianity, has so much in common with Christianity...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Surely you could make that same comparison between Judaism and Christianity (?) but you probably won't.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by RFUR1
Surely you could make that same comparison between Judaism and Christianity (?) but you probably won't.

Christianity is based in the new testament, Judaism is based on the Old Testament.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 156
Christianity is based in the bed testament, Judaism is based on the Old Testament.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could you clarify the difference between the bed testament and the Old testament?
Original post by RFUR1
Could you clarify the difference between the bed testament and the Old testament?

I meant new testament sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 158
I meant new testament sorry

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's fine. I thought it was something I didn't know about. But surely Judaism 'inspired' Christianity which then 'inspired' Islam. I think that Islam can be considered an extension of Christianity just like Christianity is considered as an extension of Judaism by some. Muhammed came after Jesus.
Original post by RFUR1
That's fine. I thought it was something I didn't know about. But surely Judaism 'inspired' Christianity which then 'inspired' Islam. I think that Islam can be considered an extension of Christianity just like Christianity is considered as an extension of Judaism by some. Muhammed came after Jesus.

And they are all Prophets of the same God... Coming with the same message... There is one God and I am his messenger... So worship him and follow me...

And books from the same God... The Torah, the injil and the Qur'an... All from the same source

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending