Imperial College Medical Applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

I'll be applying in...three years time.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
I'll be applying in...three years time.

Why are you here buddy? Get some fun before you go into big troublesome of applying medicine and doing crazy admission tests and interviews..
Reply 962
Original post by diseasedneckbeard
I think so. Who were you?

I don't know why people laughed when I asked; I thought it was a valid question.

I'm another asian dude, was in a suit like nearly everyone else. 5ft 8 think i was one of the smallest, didnt really say anything coz interview was at 2:00 and I was ridiculously nervous.

Hope you get in!!! Is imperial your number 1 choice?
Original post by DCMed96
Why are you here buddy? Get some fun before you go into big troublesome of applying medicine and doing crazy admission tests and interviews..

I need to know this big troublesome stuff...need to be prepared for all this.
Good evening applicants,
What are the interviews like? Stressful? Hard questions? What about the exam you have to take to get into medical school...?
Good evening applicants,
What are the interviews like? Stressful? Hard questions? What about the exam you have to take to get into medical school...?

The interviews were very relaxed. A panel of 4 for me and they asked you really generic questions (which makes it hard to tell if you've done well or not). Imperial used the BMAT but most others use the UKCAT.
Reply 966
Original post by Rishi1806
I joined this thread pretty late. I had my Interview on the 6th January and haven't heard anything yet :/

Looool, theres quite a few people who had interviews on the 6th me, tans, diseaseneckbeard and futuremedic

I dont think anyone has heard back yet from the 6th, but apparently a couple people were rejected from this wednesdays 14th :eek:

Is imperial your number 1 choice?
The interviews were very relaxed. A panel of 4 for me and they asked you really generic questions (which makes it hard to tell if you've done well or not). Imperial used the BMAT but most others use the UKCAT.

Generic questions like what? The exam is based on what?
Thanks
I think so. Who were you?

I don't know why people laughed when I asked; I thought it was a valid question.

I couldn't stop laughing when you asked that. I was the guy who was in the waiting room with you right at the end :smile:
Good evening applicants,

Beware.
You are in for the most stressful and life ruining time of your adoloscent years.

1) take bio and chem a levels
2) get good grades at as (b+ at least)
3) get work experience in a healthcare environment (WHICH IS NEAR ENOUGH BLIDDY IMPOSSIBLE IN MY AREA) and voluntary work; you should be doing this throughout your as year
4) decide which unis you want to apply for
5) do the bmat or ukcat test. (I.e ukcat means practising how fast you can click the mouse and relies heavily on your guessing game being on point.)
6) Wait.
7) wait more
8) Prepare and stress for interviews (if you receive any)
9) all the while make sure you get epic a2 grades too because what's an offer without thd grades?!

#TheSadReality

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chig97
Looool, theres quite a few people who had interviews on the 6th me, tans, diseaseneckbeard and futuremedic

I dont think anyone has heard back yet from the 6th, but apparently a couple people were rejected from this wednesdays 14th :eek:

Is imperial your number 1 choice?

Yes it's my first choice. I was worried for ages because they said they send out an informal letter three days after interview
Original post by sweetlemon
Beware.
You are in for the most stressful and life ruining time of your adoloscent years.

1) take bio and chem a levels
2) get good grades at as (b+ at least)
3) get work experience in a healthcare environment (WHICH IS NEAR ENOUGH BLIDDY IMPOSSIBLE IN MY AREA) and voluntary work; you should be doing this throughout your as year
4) decide which unis you want to apply for
5) do the bmat or ukcat test. (I.e ukcat means practising how fast you can click the mouse and relies heavily on your guessing game being on point.)
6) Wait.
7) wait more
8) Prepare and stress for interviews (if you receive any)
9) all the while make sure you get epic a2 grades too because what's an offer without thd grades?!

#TheSadReality

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahaha...summed it up pretty well. Well, that sounds exciting...something to look forward to!
Generic questions like what? The exam is based on what?
Thanks

Why Medicine? Why this university/college? Talk about team work and leadership.

The BMAT is a two hour paper. One section is critical thinking and problem solving, one is just on science and the last section is an essay.

The UKCAT was four sections. Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning and Decision Analysis (kind of like code breaking)
Why Medicine? Why this university/college? Talk about team work and leadership.

The BMAT is a two hour paper. One section is critical thinking and problem solving, one is just on science and the last section is an essay.

The UKCAT was four sections. Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, Abstract Reasoning and Decision Analysis (kind of like code breaking)

Ohh I see! Thank you very much; your answer is very useful to me! One last question, but can you prepare for the exams before-hand? Like past papers etc?
Ohh I see! Thank you very much; your answer is very useful to me! One last question, but can you prepare for the exams before-hand? Like past papers etc?

Its a bit different from normal revision its more getting to grips with the types of questions they ask. There are books available to help you out for both. For the BMAT I did every paper set in the last ten years and revised any science topics I didn't know. For the UKCAT I used a website called Medify. So yes you can prepare for both really.
Its a bit different from normal revision its more getting to grips with the types of questions they ask. There are books available to help you out for both. For the BMAT I did every paper set in the last ten years and revised any science topics I didn't know. For the UKCAT I used a website called Medify. So yes you can prepare for both really.

I see...well thank you very much for your answers! Much appreciated.
Original post by Chig97
I'm another asian dude, was in a suit like nearly everyone else. 5ft 8 think i was one of the smallest, didnt really say anything coz interview was at 2:00 and I was ridiculously nervous.

Hope you get in!!! Is imperial your number 1 choice?

I don't really remember you, tbh.

Thanks. I'm not sure if Imperial is my first choice as I also really like Birmingham, who gave me an offer yesterday.

I couldn't stop laughing when you asked that. I was the guy who was in the waiting room with you right at the end :smile:

Oh yeah, your mouth also got dry during the interview, right?

I see...well thank you very much for your answers! Much appreciated.

Don't get gassed, just do things in time. Everyone cries about how hard it is but if you make a plan, you'll be fine.

Use your AS year for volunteering. I didn't start working for my AS exams til Easter and still got through 3 TV series before the end of the exams. I got 4 As.

Use the time after AS but before A2 to do the UKCAT, work experience and write your PS.

Don't apply to any Unis until the preliminary UKCAT results have been published so that you have a good idea about whether scores are low that year or not.

If you flop the UKCAT, try a couple of BMAT unis.

Play to your strengths. I had 10 A*s at GCSE so I applied to Birmingham and have ended up getting an offer from them.
I don't really remember you, tbh.

Oh yeah, your mouth also got dry during the interview, right?

Yeah that was horrible. Congratulations on Birmingham less pressure on you now!

Sounds good. What are your BMAT scores if you don't mind me asking?
Yeah that was horrible. Congratulations on Birmingham less pressure on you now!

Thanks. Yeah, I'm not really feeling any pressure now. I've got an offer and there's nothing I can do about Imperial now, anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending