The Student Room Group

Want to upgrade my 360 to a newer model, advice?

Hey Guys;

Well, I have the Xbox 360 Elite and want to trade it in for a more up to date Xbox 360 E version or an Xbox 360 Slim version (probably do so around Easter/Summer).

Anyway, which one would you advise getting?

Also, PLEASE NO "PS3/4 IS BETTER" I've heard it all before... :rolleyes:
Original post by Scienceisgood
Hey Guys;

Well, I have the Xbox 360 Elite and want to trade it in for a more up to date Xbox 360 E version or an Xbox 360 Slim version (probably do so around Easter/Summer).

Anyway, which one would you advise getting?

Also, PLEASE NO "PS3/4 IS BETTER" I've heard it all before... :rolleyes:

First off, have you considered how you're going to manage your save games and other data on your current Xbox?

I'd probably go Slim, though I'd be reticent to change from an Elite as it is. Why are you wanting to change? Is there a real need?
If you want to change, why not got for the Xbox one?
There isn't any point in switching. The new ones aren't any better than the old ones, except for RROD. You would be wasting your money as your elite won't sell for much and the specs on the new ones aren't any better.
Original post by mikeyd85
First off, have you considered how you're going to manage your save games and other data on your current Xbox?

I'd probably go Slim, though I'd be reticent to change from an Elite as it is. Why are you wanting to change? Is there a real need?

I don't really care about transferring data tbh, I'll just play them all again from the start. I often do so with games anyway for fun, after you complete a game, I find it is more fun to start again. =P

Original post by TheNoobishKnight
If you want to change, why not got for the Xbox one?

I'd rather wait a while (maybe next summer) before getting an Xbox One. Ridiculously expensive now and I can save some of my student loan for it too. :tongue:

Original post by morgan8002
There isn't any point in switching. The new ones aren't any better than the old ones, except for RROD. You would be wasting your money as your elite won't sell for much and the specs on the new ones aren't any better.

I don't know what it is then but, I've noticed that sometimes where I've been told I have an older version of the 360, that's the reason why some of my games freeze when playing.
Either that or there's something wrong with the Xbox itself, either way I do want to trade in and upgrade. =)

Probably buy a second hand one from Cex myself in about 6 months. =)
(edited 9 years ago)
ps4 sucks anyway
There's no reason at all to buy a new Xbox 360 unless your current one is completely dead. It's not even an "upgrade", it's just a replacement. It's not even like the PS3 where games have to be installed so you might need a bigger hard drive, and it's tricker than Xbox where you can just buy a new hard drive.

Original post by Scienceisgood
I don't really care about transferring data tbh, I'll just play them all again from the start. I often do so with games anyway for fun, after you complete a game, I find it is more fun to start again. =P

We live in an age where this can't happen any more. You're going to build up a backlog of free games alone. There's always something new to play for cheap or free or 'free'.

Original post by abrack
ps4 sucks anyway

Well no because the PS4 and Xbox One are pretty much the same right now, although the PC always renders the Xbox kinda obsolete, so you could argue the PS4 already has something over the Xbox One (that and Yakuza 5 OF COURSE).

What's stupid is the consoles have actually tricked people into buying re-releases, not just re-releases but games they bought just a year ago. People are actually saying The Last of Us Remastered is great. Worse, some have said they'd really like to play Last of Us, but "I only have a PS3". ****ing hell.

I despair when I see a 'top 10 games on next gen' list and 8 of them are games that were released years ago. The consoles are still beginning but it's taking the piss and future releases are boring. Square/Sony aren't even bothering with their biggest game, Final Fantasy VII. They're just saying "**** it" and releasing it as it was. They can't even be arsed to slap a 'remastered' tag on it. And fans will buy it anyway, yet begrudgingly.

Quick Reply

Latest