The Student Room Group

Different financial advice needed Urgent

-I am part time university student in my second year. I was receiving ESA but recently they stop my ESA.Now as I am student I am struggling to support myself to meet the cost of essential needs of life and university needs.

-finally I am taking medication for depression if the ESA stop my claim, who will pay for my medication.

please give me advice as I am thinking to leave the university and I am so stress
(edited 9 years ago)
Have you appealed the ESA decision?

If you're on a low income, you can fill in a HC1 form, which may give you help towards the cost of your medication.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by OU Student
Have you appealed the ESA decision?

If you're on a low income, you can fill in a GC1 form, which may give you help towards the cost of your medication.

I didnt appeal yet but I am thinking to apeal. I am not sure yet how to apeal they say I have one month for appeal in the letter they send.

and yes I am not in any income after the ESA stoped. and whats the GC1 form and where I can get it.

Thank you very much for your help. I have exams and I cant foucs because this problem.
Original post by unistudent 1
I didnt appeal yet but I am thinking to apeal. I am not sure yet how to apeal they say I have one month for appeal in the letter they send.

and yes I am not in any income after the ESA stoped. and whats the GC1 form and where I can get it.

Thank you very much for your help. I have exams and I cant foucs because this problem.

Sorry, it was a typo. It's a HC1 form. You can get this at the chemist.

It should tell you on the letter they send you how to appeal.
Reply 4
Sorry, it was a typo. It's a HC1 form. You can get this at the chemist.

It should tell you on the letter they send you how to appeal.

HC1 is it include only medication not dentist treatment?
HC1 is it include only medication not dentist treatment?

It includes everything that you would have got whilst on ESA.
Reply 6
It includes everything that you would have got whilst on ESA.

in the letter it say I have to ask for mandatory reconsideration before appeal. I let my brother to write letter to them. any idea what have to include in the letter?
in the letter it say I have to ask for mandatory reconsideration before appeal. I let my brother to write letter to them. any idea what have to include in the letter?

Whyyou're appealing and why you believe you should be on ESA. You really need to get proper advise over this. I've never had to appeal ESA; so wouldn't really know what you have to write.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending