The Student Room Group

Stats and Calculators!

Hi!

I have a Casio FX-83GT plus calculator, but it can't calculate Spearman's Rank. I might of missed it, please let me know if it can?

So, if the calculate can't work out Spearman's Rank, are there another calculators that can?

Yeah, I guess I'm lazy and I could work it out myself, but it's calculator paper, so why not use one?
Reply 1
Original post by Rollin'
Hi!

I have a Casio FX-83GT plus calculator, but it can't calculate Spearman's Rank. I might of missed it, please let me know if it can?

So, if the calculate can't work out Spearman's Rank, are there another calculators that can?

Yeah, I guess I'm lazy and I could work it out myself, but it's calculator paper, so why not use one?

don't you have to show workings?
Reply 2
Original post by TeeEm
don't you have to show workings?

Yeah, on my calculator it can show me the sum x squared for example, so I can write out the workings out. I usually input the sums on my calculator, then will write the working out from that.

Oh, I also checked out your website, it's pretty good and I'll look at some lessons later :smile: I'm a Access to HE student, who hasn't used Maths for around 6 years - not including first term at my college, which has been pretty much GCSE standard. Honestly, I don't feel confident with Maths, but I do enjoy it :smile: What do think is the best way for me to improve my Maths, especially when I'm not using a calculator?
Reply 3
Original post by Rollin'
Yeah, on my calculator it can show me the sum x squared for example, so I can write out the workings out. I usually input the sums on my calculator, then will write the working out from that.

Oh, I also checked out your website, it's pretty good and I'll look at some lessons later :smile: I'm a Access to HE student, who hasn't used Maths for around 6 years - not including first term at my college, which has been pretty much GCSE standard. Honestly, I don't feel confident with Maths, but I do enjoy it :smile: What do think is the best way for me to improve my Maths, especially when I'm not using a calculator?

I wish you success/mature students usually are very motivated...

Maths is all about practice and effort ...

What access course are you doing?
Reply 4
Original post by TeeEm
I wish you success/mature students usually are very motivated...

Maths is all about practice and effort ...

What access course are you doing?

Yeah, I'm pretty motivated, but not very confident, which lets me down :frown:

Access to HE: Science, Biology, Chemistry and Stats. I want to study Zoology, and want to make sure my Maths is as good as those A level students. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Rollin'
Yeah, I'm pretty motivated, but not very confident, which lets me down :frown:

Access to HE: Science, Biology, Chemistry and Stats. I want to study Zoology, and want to make sure my Maths is as good as those A level students. :smile:

The maths you will need for your course are fairly straight forward.

I hope it all works well for you
Reply 6
Original post by TeeEm
The maths you will need for your course are fairly straight forward.

I hope it all works well for you

I know, but it wouldn't hurt me if my Maths was better :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest