The Student Room Group
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford

radiography

Anyone applied?? Have you got any response yet?? I'm.driving myself crazy checking the portal 20 times a day!!

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I've applied for diagnostic radiography. So far I've had three interviews and two offers, just waiting for my final choice to get in touch now for an interview hopefully.
I've heard of a few people who have already been rejected from Bradford though - so no news is usually good news!
You might find this thread useful; http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2706254&highlight=radiography
Lots of us who have applied are posting on that thread daily :smile:
Main building
University of Bradford
Bradford
well done! which unis have you applied to? :smile:
thanks for the link :smile:
Where did you folks complete your degrees?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trisharose
well done! which unis have you applied to? :smile:
thanks for the link :smile:

Thank you:smile: I've applied to Leeds, Sheffield Hallam, Glasgow and Portsmouth - what about you?
No worries! I've found some of the tips on there really useful for interviews.
Original post by Mutleybm1996
Where did you folks complete your degrees?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just applying this year for radiography, so currently not got a degree!
I've applied to Portsmouth, UWE,Hertfordshire, London Southbank and Canterbury. My interview at portsmouth didn't go well :frown: But I'll have an interview next month at herts and UWE. Wish me luckkk :biggrin:
I've applied to Portsmouth, UWE,Hertfordshire, London Southbank and Canterbury. My interview at portsmouth didn't go well :frown: But I'll have an interview next month at herts and UWE. Wish me luckkk :biggrin:

Why did portsmouth not go well? When was your interview there? :frown:

Good luck! I'm sure they'll go great. Where is your first choice btw?
(edited 9 years ago)
Jan13 It was my first interview. I got so nervous, my answers were really short and I was the last one they've interviewed so I also got tired of waiting for hours. But maybe it's just wasn't for me.

My first choice is Portsmouth but I also like Hertfordshire so if my interview at herts go well I'll defo go there.

Yesss hopefully! Thank youuu :smile:
Jan13 It was my first interview. I got so nervous, my answers were really short and I was the last one they've interviewed so I also got tired of waiting for hours. But maybe it's just wasn't for me.

My first choice is Portsmouth but I also like Hertfordshire so if my interview at herts go well I'll defo go there.

Yesss hopefully! Thank youuu :smile:

I was lucky because I have my interview there in November and was the first one in! I'm sure it didn't go as bad as you thought it did. Hope you get an offer from there :smile:
Original post by ionalaura
I'm just applying this year for radiography, so currently not got a degree!

I thought you needed Medicine for Radiography?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mutleybm1996
I thought you needed Medicine for Radiography?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is to become a radiologist.
Radiographers are completely different! You can go directly from sixth form into a radiography degree (they are very competitive though)!
Reply 12
Hi, I've applied for diagnostic radiography. So far I've had three interviews and two offers, just waiting for my final choice to get in touch now for an interview hopefully.
I've heard of a few people who have already been rejected from Bradford though - so no news is usually good news!
You might find this thread useful; http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2706254&highlight=radiography
Lots of us who have applied are posting on that thread daily :smile:

I've already been unsuccessful at Leeds without even an interview! My first choice is Bradford but also applied to Sheffield Hallam . I.have 2 children so can't travel far but fingers crossed for an.interview at least from Bradford!
Original post by drina27
I've already been unsuccessful at Leeds without even an interview! My first choice is Bradford but also applied to Sheffield Hallam . I.have 2 children so can't travel far but fingers crossed for an.interview at least from Bradford!

Did you ask for feedback from Leeds as to why you were unsuccessful?
I went to Sheffield's selection day on Thursday and absolutely loved the university. The facilities there are head and shoulders above the rest that I've seen!
I hope you are successful and get your interviews :smile:
Reply 14
Did you ask for feedback from Leeds as to why you were unsuccessful?
I went to Sheffield's selection day on Thursday and absolutely loved the university. The facilities there are head and shoulders above the rest that I've seen!
I hope you are successful and get your interviews :smile:

Not yet I have to write a letter to ask and haven't got around to it yet. I liked Bradford wasn't overly keen on Sheffield but liked it much more than leeds.

Thank you I have everything crossed!
Original post by drina27
Not yet I have to write a letter to ask and haven't got around to it yet. I liked Bradford wasn't overly keen on Sheffield but liked it much more than leeds.

I had a rejection from Leeds a week or so ago without an interview. You can phone their undergraduates office and get an instant reply rather than having to send a letter, it's what I did :smile:
Reply 16
I have not had much luck stressing like crazy. I have applied at Bradford Salford and Leeds for radiography as im doing a national extended diploma in applied science i believe that's why I've not had much luck even though im predicted what equivalent to AAA.
Original post by Sanaalix
I have not had much luck stressing like crazy. I have applied at Bradford Salford and Leeds for radiography as im doing a national extended diploma in applied science i believe that's why I've not had much luck even though im predicted what equivalent to AAA.

I got interviews at all the above plus Teesside and Cumbria with Applied Science Alevel and a BTEC. I have offers from Leeds, Bradford and Cumbria, withdrew from Salford before interview and offered alternative courses at Teesside, so what you are studying is not a problem honest x
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by drina27

How are you getting on? Isn't it funny how different universities appeal? I didn't even apply to Sheffield as I hated it on the open day. Their facilities strangely enough were not a patch on Bradford whose were the best out of the six universities I visted, yet I picked Leeds as number one because a former student from Cumbria said it is very rare that students use the practice facilities anyway, they learn more on placement!

I have gone for Leeds first and Bradford second.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by FeelingDepressed
I got interviews at all the above plus Teesside and Cumbria with Applied Science alevel and a BTEC in Health and Social Care. I have offers from Leeds, Bradford and Cumbria, withdrew from Salford before interview and offered alternative courses at Teesside, so what you are studying is not a problem honest x

Hmm, but you do actually have an A level, Ive not been able to make much sense of what you've said, but either way congratulations. When i was looking at the statistics only 13% of applicants get a place for radiography at salford 20% at bradford and 22% at leeds. What they often do is take people rejected from Medicine on through clearing. So thats my last hope if not ill be most likely studying Nutrition at Manchester Metropolitan University. I think my name should be feeling depressed at this rate lol. x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending