The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

How many applications have you guys done so far?
Reply 1301
Original post by excito
Congratulations on K&E AC! When did you apply, if you mind me asking? Thanks

Thanks! I only submitted mine on wednesday so I was pretty shocked to hear back from them so quickly on Friday!
Original post by superxo2
How many applications have you guys done so far?

Only five so far, really need to get some more done :redface:
Invite to Nabarro video interview!
Original post by TLA1993

Congratulations! May I ask when you applied?
Original post by footchemllab
Congratulations! May I ask when you applied?

Thank you! I applied on the 15th and heard back yesterday.
Original post by TLA1993
Thank you! I applied on the 15th and heard back yesterday.

Was that the 15th of Dec or Jan? I applied this week to them but not heard anything yet :smile:
Was that the 15th of Dec or Jan? I applied this week to them but not heard anything yet :smile:

Sorry, I meant January 15th! I also sent off my application ten minutes before the deadline so maybe they're working through them backwards or something bizarre!
Original post by waza_11
Hey,

I sent my application off on 6th December and haven't heard anything back as of yet. I applied for the Personal Stream: Manchester was my first choice.

Have you heard back yet? And which stream/office did you apply to?

:biggrin:

Hey, sorry I didn't see your post!

I applied on the 22nd Dec and haven't heard anything yet either. I applied for the personal stream too, London office.

Do you know anyone whose received a reply? IM was the first app so I'm not sure if the long wait is normal or not :redface:
I have a stupid question for you all.

Usually TC apps have a space to fill in your employment/work history - do you write in full sentences or bullet point form for this part? What is the correct format?

On a CV you'd use bullet points as it's easier to read but not sure if that applies to applications as well.
Original post by Yazooo
I have a stupid question for you all.

Usually TC apps have a space to fill in your employment/work history - do you write in full sentences or bullet point form for this part? What is the correct format?

On a CV you'd use bullet points as it's easier to read but not sure if that applies to applications as well.

I think full sentences are most appropriate.
Original post by TLA1993

Is there any pre-screening before that? - Also got an interview with what I thought was a pretty shoddy app.
Original post by liarpoker
Is there any pre-screening before that? - Also got an interview with what I thought was a pretty shoddy app.

I was wondering the same thing after I heard back so quickly but according to the website "short-listed applicants will be invited to complete an online video assessment and full details will be given to those short-listed", so I assume they read the applications first?
Original post by TLA1993
I was wondering the same thing after I heard back so quickly but according to the website "short-listed applicants will be invited to complete an online video assessment and full details will be given to those short-listed", so I assume they read the applications first?

I was told by the recruitment team of Nabarro that around 300 will get invited to the video interview! And 130 will get selected from these 300. So all the best
Original post by trisha.b
I was told by the recruitment team of Nabarro that around 300 will get invited to the video interview! And 130 will get selected from these 300. So all the best

Ahh okay :smile: thankyou for letting us know!!
Original post by TLA1993
Ahh okay :smile: thankyou for letting us know!!

Did you apply for Sheffield or London by the way?
Nervous about my upcoming interviews knowing I've already made a mess of one :erm:
Does anyone have any advice on how to rate computer skills on an application form? The options are: poor, basic, good and very good. You're requested to provide details after selecting one of the options. Thank you!! :smile:
Don't be nervous. You'll have so much more experience than you did before. I'm sure you'll be fine. You've done so well just to get to interview.
Did you apply for Sheffield or London by the way?

London!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending