The Student Room Group

Friend stood me up. Advice?

I've became quite good friends with a girl on my course and she asked me out for drinks tonight. I was at my parent's house so rushed back to my halls to get ready for it. The taxi cost me £15! I've not been out in ages so was excited. So, I waited and waited and decided to text her asking where to meet. And, she just messaged me back saying: 'sorry I don't feel like going,' so, now I am FUMING, I don't want to have a go at her as I like her but I don't know what to do about it. Please can someone tell me what to say to her? I am seriously annoyed.
Reply 1
If anyone could give me advice, that would be amazing. :frown:
Just say you're annoyed that she didn't let you know earlier and let that be it. She'll either apologise or get pissy with you, in either case you know where you both stand.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by WoodyMKC
Just say you're annoyed that she didn't let you know earlier and let that be it. She'll either apologise or get pissy with you, in either case you know where you both stand.

I think she knows I am annoyed. She offered to pay for my taxi back to my parents but I can't help but feel she is missing the point.
I can completely understand why you would be fuming at her but like you said having a go at her would not be a good idea. Maybe tell her that next time if she changes her mind about plans that she's made to tell you in advance, and tell her that you wasted £15 on a taxi to meet her and waited a long time and that it's completely unfair on you for her to just bail out with no warning.
Reply 5
I was supposed to be going out for a family meal tonight but skipped it as I thought I was going out. I am so upset.
If you like her, then don't have rant at her - maybe something bad happened to her?

Perhaps message her saying that you had to take a taxi there because of her, so she's basically wasted your time and money, so if she were to do something like this in the future, could she tell you beforehand?

Tbh, she doesn't sound that great if she stood you up...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
That's life. It's not worth making a thread on a student forum. It happens and it has happened. Forget it and move on. It's not healthy to treat situations like this with such significance.
Reply 8
Original post by SHBK
That's life. It's not worth making a thread on a student forum. It happens and it has happened. Forget it and move on. It's not healthy to treat situations like this with such significance.

Maybe not but I am just so frustrated and needed to get it off my chest.
Original post by Anonymous
I think she knows I am annoyed. She offered to pay for my taxi back to my parents but I can't help but feel she is missing the point.

Well, personally I'd just let it go - next time she sees you it'll feel slightly awkward and she'll likely apologise, just explain that you were annoyed and explain why, but end with "but, anyway, it's fine..." followed by "as long as it doesn't happen again!" in a jokey manner and have a little giggle. That's what I'd do anyway, but I don't hold grudges.
I disagree with a lot of stuff people have said here. If you are fuming she needs to know. Not because she is a female or because you have known her for a short time - that does not mean they should not know.

However, do not rage incase she did have an alternate reason she just couldn't tell you. Just let her know it's not the way you are normally/ will tolerate to be treated.
Original post by Anonymous
If anyone could give me advice, that would be amazing. :frown:

That was rude of her and I think you should tell her exactly that. If she had any respect for you she would have called before hand or if she forgot would have still called you instead of sending a really stupid text message

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending