The Student Room Group

What % of European terrorist attacks in the last 5 years were committed by muslims?

Scroll to see replies

Your stats are not accurate.

Islamists who have been planning to carry out attacks are being arrested every other day throughout the West. Isn't this common knowledge?

Look at the terror cell crackdown in Belgium yesterday. That group were planning mass attacks on the police.

An Islamist guy was arrested in Ohio yesterday with explosives as well.

Another two Islamists in Berlin.

Today, the German authorities have been tipped off regarding a terror cell planning a train bombing.

If it wasn't for our intelligence, Islamist attacks would be ocurring every few weeks throughout the West.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by young_guns
How do you choose how far back to look? If you choose the last three years in France, 100% of deaths caused by terrorism have been by Islamists. The Charlie Hebdo attack, the supermarket attack, and in 2012 when 7 people including three children, were killed in an attack by Islamists (in fact, there's been a synagogue shooting as well, but it might have been in Belgium, can't recall)

Or we could stretch it back to the start of the 21st century, in which case it would probably be about 70/30. 70% of deaths caused by Islamists, 30% caused by Breivik

He said Europe in the last five years which includes Breivik but not 7/7 or Madrid.

For sure it's just the law of small numbers at work with all the anti-Muslim deaths packed into one particularly cold blooded and competently executed attack; Muslims probably are responsible for by far the majority of deaths on average, but for that particular time period and location, they're not.
(edited 9 years ago)
According to NCTC, of the 12,533 terrorism-related deaths worldwide, 8,886 were perpetrated by “Sunni extremists,” 1,926 by “secular/political/anarchist” groups, 1,519 by “unknown” factions, 170 by a category described as “other”, and 77 by “Neo-Nazi/Fascist/White Supremacist” groups.
Stupid article. These "terrorist" attacks by separatist groups in Europe have killed no one. If you're going to compare apples for apples, then you need to actually look at the religiously motivated terror attacks, and more specifically, the number of attacks by Muslims. Yes, you can argue about Buddhists in Burma blah blah blah, but last time I looked, there have been no Buddhist attacks in the UK. Islamic extremists, however, have attacked the UK, US, France and various other countries around the world and claimed more lives I'm sure.
When will jihad denial have a similar taboo about it to holocaust denial? When Islamism is finally defeated, that's when. When the West, for the third time, will say "I told you so" to all the opponents of democracy and fellow travellers of its enemies.
Was the Iraq War not terrorism? 1 million deaths procreating and resulting in ISIS... just like it did with Al-Queda/Taliban, or whatever they want call them, with the first Afghan War in the '80s?

Hmm...
Reply 26
Original post by snoop_frog
then you do your research and find out that most of these are staged and muslims actually have nothing to do with it (e.g. 9/11, boston bombings, woolwich murder). surely a lot higher than 2% though lol

- not a muslim

Yeah exactly staged hoaxes but most people don't know it.
Original post by Observatory
He said Europe in the last five years which includes Breivik but not 7/7 or Madrid.

That was precisely my point; choosing the last five years skews the numbers.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by al_94
Yeah exactly staged hoaxes but most people don't know it.

Okay. Staged by who?
Original post by ZolaCFC25
Was the Iraq War not terrorism? 1 million deaths

Leaving aside the fact that Lancet figure is almost certainly a massive overestimate, it should be acknowledged who did most of the killings.

The majority of the deaths in Iraq in the 2003 - 2011 period were Muslims killing other Muslims.

procreating and resulting in ISIS...

ISIS was the creation of Al-Qaeda. It was originally called Al-Qaeda in Iraq. What led to its current status as a state within a state was the fact that the Sunni Triangle (the area of Iraq north of Baghdad that is overwhelmingly Sunni) decided to rise up against the Shi'a government of Nouri Al Maliki using ISIS as a vehicle for both sectarian grievances and legitimate grievances against the corruption and criminality of the Iraqi government.

The other catalyst was the Syrian Civil War. Can either of those things be blamed on the United States? I would have thought they were the fault of the people who actually brought those situations about?

just like it did with Al-Queda/Taliban, or whatever they want call them, with the first Afghan War in the '80s?

The United States did not create Al-Qaeda. Al Qaeda did not even exist in the 1980s. Bin Laden was part of the Afghan Mujahideen, which was supported by Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and yes the United States.

After the Soviet Union withdrew from Afghanistan, Bin Laden didn't have anything to do. When the First Gulf War happened, Bin Laden asked to be allowed to fight against Saddam Hussein, but was told he was not needed. From then on, he had a huge grudge against the United States and created Al Qaeda in the early 1990s. It was in fact Sudan that first provided Al Qaeda with a safe haven, and funds came from various Islamic extremists.

I don't see how that can be blamed on the US?
Reply 30
I'm just bored and I don't care anymore what others think
That was precisely my point; choosing the last five years skews the numbers.

Well it does under my scheme, but not under his (they're of course already hopelessly skewed anyway), so I can't really blame him for that.
Original post by felamaslen
When will jihad denial have a similar taboo about it to holocaust denial? When Islamism is finally defeated, that's when. When the West, for the third time, will say "I told you so" to all the opponents of democracy and fellow travellers of its enemies.

The West is incapable of defeating an enemy that we 1. Fear 2. Deny exists.

Islamism is being portrayed as violence on a huge scale, resorting in countless victims. If the West continues to believe that we've already lost.

The goal of Islamism is to pursue the domination of Islam, submitting the Earth's people to the rule of Allah through immigration, infiltration and fear.

The majority of Islamists are everyday people you pass in the street. Not gun waving Jihadists.
Reply 33
Okay. Staged by who?

Depends what it is but who staged it is irrelevant anyway.
Original post by al_94
Depends what it is but who staged it is irrelevant anyway.

So you're saying you don't know who staged it?
Original post by Catholic_

The majority of Islamists are everyday people you pass in the street. Not gun waving Jihadists.

Weren't you the guy who was saying anti-semitism doesn't exist?
Weren't you the guy who was saying anti-semitism doesn't exist?

Are you suggesting all Islamists are terrorists in the same way all white supremacists are Klansmen? No, both of these groups aims is to bring about political, social supremacy for their respective groups. Not too make hateful online comments, hold demonstrations or kill people who look different do they do.

I never said anti-semetism didn't exist, you made that up. I said the news coverage was forced without substance. Creating an auroa of mass anti-Jewish activity in France which isn't actually factual.
(edited 9 years ago)
I would be interested to know the FULL number of all terrorists attacks (including foiled plots and attempts). I would imagine the figure rises dramatically when considering foiled plots and attempts.
Reply 38
So you're saying you don't know who staged it?

It? I neither him never specified a specific event
100% of terrorist attacks in Europe are done by Mossad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending