The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Groot
Unless you're like this bad-boy, then no.

You are in luck, I'm actually Vin Diesel's twin.
Reply 41
Watch and learn.

Original post by Puresha
Well, I think the whole bad boy person is attractive because us girls like to believe that we can change a bad boy or that the bad boy will be different around us and super caring which in some cases is true, but not always

yeah quite simply it provides the perfect combination between the maternal and erotic instincts for the under 18s and gives you a challenge, someone you can mould into great potential but will not make it easy; someone who will **** you mercilessly in your youth then indefatigably provide late 20s onwards. It also appeals to a sense of narcissism, that they'll be 'different around us' as you say
Original post by Stefano93
So I was told by one of my female friends that I have a bad-boy persona, which she said she finds "insanely hot".

To what extent do girls find that attractive? Obviously not a bank-robber, unless you're Jason Statham... but personality and character wise, do you girls think it's a turn on?

Guys please feel free to add your own opinion too :crown:.

Mate, you don't need to be a bad boy to be hot, you can say whatever the **** you want if you are aesthetic and still bang. Girls will spin it to you being attractive no matter what you say. If you are nice it is cute, if you are bad its insanely hot. The very fact that the vast majority of these girls just feel a bit intimidated by the aesthetics means you don't really need to try and all you need to do is not be a pussy.
Girls aren't a hivemind entity, they don't all find the same things attractive.
Some girls will like 'badboys', some don't, some really won't care. It depends on the person.
Some do although I'm not that sort of person & never intend to be. I don't mind a bit of teasing for fun but that would be it.
Moved to relationships :smile:
Original post by Stefano93
So I was told by one of my female friends that I have a bad-boy persona, which she said she finds "insanely hot".

To what extent do girls find that attractive? Obviously not a bank-robber, unless you're Jason Statham... but personality and character wise, do you girls think it's a turn on?

Guys please feel free to add your own opinion too :crown:.

To put it simply, girls just like the confidence, or should I say cockiness, that the 'bad-boy' wears.
Women
like that same confidence. But they prefer it from a gentleman who is mature and driven and a list of other brilliant qualities 'bad-boys' lack. They're the ones they would settle down with.

It's sort of the male version of 'I'd bang her, but I wouldn't wife her'.

But the whole idea of a bad boy is cringey and anyone who is one 100% repels me.
Bad boy = bed time at 8:00 but goes to bed at 8:02

Ultimate bad boy = takes out USB stick without safely ejecting and crosses without looking both ways

SWOON :headfire: :heart:
Girls want a man not some shy nice wimp.

So of course bad boys are successful with the ladies. Equally you can be really good looking, act like a nice guy and still get some.
Original post by JulianRothschild
One hundred percent agree with Jenigma.

Girl power!

Sarcasm?
I always think that if a guy has to act like a bad boy to get girls, he is probably overcompensating a bit. I.e. Those kids that pretend to be edgy and try to overstep the mark a bit to impress the girls. The real man just goes up and says it how it is and does not give a **** about any negative perceptions about him, doesn't need to pretend to be 'bad' and wear a leather jacket like a parody of himself.

Funnily enough the guys who tend to complain about nice guys vs bad boys are the kids between adolescence and adulthood who look and act like boys still.

The key here is masculinity. If you are not masculine (i.e. seize the initiative, lead) then it does not matter if you are good boy or bad boy. You have to walk and talk like a masculine man, be strong in your style. Be as good aesthetically or better than the girls you are going for. Women tbh love it when you can be nice with her but not need her (i.e. you have options and can walk away at any time because you are not needy for just her). This is the key, you must not need her more than she needs you. You can be very nice to a girl, but the intelligent guy knows that for that to work he has to be non needy and have other options.

A lot of what friendzoned guys do is stay in said friendzoned and hover around the girl. Idiotic. As soon as she disrespects you imo it is best to just blank her out of your life and go for other girls, not making the same mistake again. But, it takes strong men to do this.

The one thing that the bad boys do is show some lack of neediness/emotional dependence for the girl, they can also lead the way because of the confidence. They also have a sense of humour a lot of the time, this helps.
I think bad boy vs. nice guy is the wrong debate. What it should be about is confident/assertive guy vs. non-confident/assertive guy. It just tends to be the case that bad boys nearly always have that confidence and assertiveness, and nice guys sometimes don't.

The other part is about age. Generally you'd think the loving bad boys would be something girls do when they are perhaps in school, college and possibly at a push university. But anyone with a half a brain...when they are starting to think about a partner for something more long term, an unpredictable bad boy just isn't going to be suitable. Generally only the thicker women still go for bad boys once they get to about 22/23, and then they deserve the heartbreak they get.
Reply 54
It depends what kind of bad-boy... If he's cheeky and unpredictable then I find it attractive. But If he's plain rude and rebellious all the time, it's just really annoying. But I find nice guys just as attractive.
Original post by JulianRothschild
Nope, no sarcasm.

Your post makes one hundred percent logical sense. They are a facade. Anyone that prides themselves in being 'strong' and 'bad' is a moron.

To make such a keen observation at 18, is pretty impressive.

:smile:

To be honest, it's as simple as if you have to label yourself as strong/bad, then you are neither. Although I'm not entirely sure why anyone would even consider labelling themselves as 'bad', it's sort of embarrassing really.

I think that was a compliment? If so, thank you haha
Ngl, I have a slight thing for bad boys, they are just hilarious and smooth af :colondollar:
Original post by SassQueen13
Ngl, I have a slight thing for bad boys, they are just hilarious and smooth af :colondollar:

Oh stop it you'll make me blush now
Absolutely not, if a guy is going to be a "bad boy" or in other words a rude, self obsessed thuggish **** then he can get the hell out of my life. Would not invite such a person into my thoughts let alone my bed.
The girls love the Manny not all but ......

Latest

Trending

Trending