The Student Room Group

How can I ask him if I can touch his hair?

Well, there's this guy I know on my course. He has great hair..and I always dream of touching it. I talk to him a bit but I don't think he likes me and I don't really like him but I think he's attractive..I'd love to touch his hair..but the problem is he's never alone but always with his friend who I also know.

Now, would it be weird if I just randomly asked during a conversation with the two of them that I think he has great hair and can I touch it? Of course I'd say this with a laugh..but I'm wondering what his friend would say about it and whether he'd make it awkward etc..guys, if a girl you didn't really know asked this, what would you do or say? And does she seem weird or just kind of funny? Because I don't want to seem weird. It just looks so soft..
Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You're female. You can just do these things.

Simple as "I really like your hair" then just touch it, then throw a compliment e.g. "It's so soft"

(Don't follow this advice if he is an overconfident person).
I wouldn't do it. I'd find that strange.
Cut a lock of hair off while he sleeps...

Just kidding, shave his whole head.

Ps looks like you're trying to find a reason to touch him.
Reply 4
Original post by Precious Illusions

Agreed. If you were at least friends then it wouldn't be so weird but otherwise randomly asking a guy if you can touch his hair is weird!
Reply 5
You people find too many things awkward and weird to do. Be more crazy and free-spirited. :biggrin:
Guys really dont care about being touched, in fact we like it :colondollar:

Just do it, it'd be cute
Reply 7
Original post by Tpos
Agreed. If you were at least friends then it wouldn't be so weird but otherwise randomly asking a guy if you can touch his hair is weird!

Original post by Precious Illusions

Most guys would be flattered.
Reply 8
"oh look there's something in your hair"

"oh it's something a bit sticky I'll get it out for you"

"oooh look there's some more sticky stuff in your hair perhaps I should stop dripping onto you"
Say "Can I touch you hair?"
Guy: So one time at ASDA, I dropped a box of Rice Krispies.

Mate: Sweet! Did you pick it up?

OP: Can I touch your hair?

Guy and mate: :lolwut:
Original post by Direstraights
Cut a lock of hair off while he sleeps...

Just kidding, shave his whole head.

Ps looks like you're trying to find a reason to touch him.

Haha, I'd like a lock of his hair actually..:colone:
Original post by iAmanze
You're female. You can just do these things.

Simple as "I really like your hair" then just touch it, then throw a compliment e.g. "It's so soft"

(Don't follow this advice if he is an overconfident person).

What do you mean by overconfident? Does that mean he'd say no?
Original post by Zürich
Guys really dont care about being touched, in fact we like it :colondollar:

Just do it, it'd be cute

But would you like it even if you weren't attracted to the girl? I would love to do this..but I'm wondering how I should say it and if I should laugh or just smile.
Original post by Groot
You people find too many things awkward and weird to do. Be more crazy and free-spirited. :biggrin:
Good advice :smile:
Original post by pocahontas lol
Guy: So one time at ASDA, I dropped a box of Rice Krispies.

Mate: Sweet! Did you pick it up?

OP: Can I touch your hair?

Guy and mate: :lolwut:

It would be awkward if his friend asked me why I didn't ask to touch his hair too..I hope he doesn't ask me right then if I like his mate or something...if he does, what should I say?
Original post by Josb
Most guys would be flattered.

Seems like only girls mostly think it would be weird..what would you say if I asked you this?
Original post by morgan8002
Say "Can I touch you hair?"
If a girl you weren't attracted to asked you this would you still let her? Or only girls you were attracted to?
Original post by louieee
"oh look there's something in your hair"

"oh it's something a bit sticky I'll get it out for you"

"oooh look there's some more sticky stuff in your hair perhaps I should stop dripping onto you"

lol hahaha
Reply 19
Hahaha, love it.

Latest

Trending

Trending