The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by WoodyMKC
Just part of growing up mate I'm afraid. Used to see my best mate every day when we were a bit younger, but now I'm doing my own thing a lot of the time and he's married with kids (they settled way too young for my liking lol) so we only see each other about once a week now.

i know but it is a shame, especially since we just never talk anymore at all but i am glad he is happy at least
Reply 621
Original post by chelseafreak
i'm a bit upset that i don't have any friends that i can rely on anymore, the only person i thought i could rely on as been in a relationship since august and now has no time for me at all. i get that we won't see each other as much as we are growing up and he has other stuff going on but it would be nice for him to pick up the phone sometime. it doesn't help that he is the only friend in this town i actually know well and i don't make new friends easily.

i do also wonder why tsr seems to get busier this late at night

:frown:, I feel your pain, to take time out and give you a call wouldn’t do any harm. People like your friend who forget those around them when they are in a relationship piss me off cause I have been in the same situation you are in with my friend and when her relationship turned sour guess who was there to get her through the rough times, me and not the twerp she ditched her bestie for, it took a lot to forgive her but I did, the weird circumstances around us getting back in contact was the main reason why tbf. As for your situation I wish them a happy relationship but hope your friend changes his mindset of his relationship is everything, his friends should be also. Relationships come and go but true friends are hard to find so hold onto them like you would the money you have just withdrawn from a cash machine on a windy day :smile: my analogies are funny lol xD.

Because a lot of TSRians are busy during the day but bored during the night :wink:.
Lou did u get my PM

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lou 22
:frown:, I feel your pain, to take time out and give you a call wouldn’t do any harm. People like your friend who forget those around them when they are in a relationship piss me off cause I have been in the same situation you are in with my friend and when her relationship turned sour guess who was there to get her through the rough times, me and not the twerp she ditched her bestie for, it took a lot to forgive her but I did, the weird circumstances around us getting back in contact was the main reason why tbf. As for your situation I wish them a happy relationship but hope your friend changes his mindset of his relationship is everything, his friends should be also. Relationships come and go but true friends are hard to find so hold onto them like you would the money you have just withdrawn from a cash machine on a windy day :smile: my analogies are funny lol xD.

Because a lot of TSRians are busy during the day but bored during the night :wink:.

yeah i do want him to be happy but we still need to see each other otherwise it might turnout badly in the relationship and he will find he has nobody to turn to since he made the relationship his life ignoring his friends. if he could see that there is more to life than a girlfriend then it might be easier to get through the hard times in life.
nice turn of phrase btw
Reply 624
The latch is on, push the door :tongue: I'm waiting :colone::lol:

Pretty much :biggrin: Well they keep coming up with new channels, wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a movie channel on which they just play one movie for a straight month :rofl:

Yeah should be cheap, mad to think that it came out about 10 years ago now :eek:

The door is jammed I think, am I even at the right house? :biggrin:. It is the pink and white polka dot Mr blobby like door isnt it?

You made me actually Lol :wink:. Itvbe is pointless imo it is filled with the shows that I turned over from anyway lol How many versions of housewives does one channel need? all they change is the location and colour of the people, the only thing that doesnt change is the fact all of the women are bitches and hate each other xD.

I suddenly feel old xD.
Reply 625
Original post by Quiet _One86
Lou did u get my PM

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did, I wrote a lovely reply then when I tried to send it to you, it said you are currently choosing not to receive emails :frown:.
Reply 626
yeah i do want him to be happy but we still need to see each other otherwise it might turnout badly in the relationship and he will find he has nobody to turn to since he made the relationship his life ignoring his friends. if he could see that there is more to life than a girlfriend then it might be easier to get through the hard times in life.
nice turn of phrase btw

Exactly, dont turn your back on the ones that were there before your rship, I am guessing you and your mate are in your teens and this is his first proper relationship?

Original post by lou 22
The door is jammed I think, am I even at the right house? :biggrin:. It is the pink and white polka dot Mr blobby like door isnt it?

You made me actually Lol :wink:. Itvbe is pointless imo it is filled with the shows that I turned over from anyway lol How many versions of housewives does one channel need? all they change is the location and colour of the people, the only thing that doesnt change is the fact all of the women are bitches and hate each other xD.

I suddenly feel old xD.

Ahhh no, that's my next door neighbour's house (he's Austrian I think), I live next door on the left. Hurry up, I've been waiting hourrrrrrs :lol:

Hahaha, so true! Waiting for The Real Housewives of Outback Australia next, where they bitch about each other's tents, hiking boots and size of their campfires :rofl:
Original post by lou 22
Exactly, dont turn your back on the ones that were there before your rship, I am guessing you and your mate are in your teens and this is his first proper relationship?

no actually we are in mid twenties but it is the first time one of us has been in a relationship since we have been friends
Original post by lou 22
I did, I wrote a lovely reply then when I tried to send it to you, it said you are currently choosing not to receive emails :frown:.

Have you added me as a friend? Have you still got a copy of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I miss his sexy ass. We got into another argument, kind of :s-smilie: Sigh. I'm a volcano...he's a tornado. :indiff:
Reply 631
Ahhh no, that's my next door neighbour's house (he's Austrian I think), I live next door on the left. Hurry up, I've been waiting hourrrrrrs :lol:

Hahaha, so true! Waiting for The Real Housewives of Outback Australia next, where they bitch about each other's tents, hiking boots and size of their campfires :rofl:

:biggrin: before I come in where is the pizza? :smile: go get it and bring it to the window so I can see that It isn’t empty lmao... Your door could do with some WD40 or what I used to call it as a child UB40.

:clap2: you have me :cry::laugh:
Reply 632
no actually we are in mid twenties but it is the first time one of us has been in a relationship since we have been friends

I was wrongxD, oh alright, well surely that makes itworse that he isnt evian he should know to preserve the friendships he has. Maybe he will come to his senses though fingers crossed.
Original post by lou 22
I was wrongxD, oh alright, well surely that makes itworse that he isnt evian he should know to preserve the friendships he has. Maybe he will come to his senses though fingers crossed.

yeah i hope so too. how are you feeling btw?
Reply 634
Original post by Quiet _One86
Have you added me as a friend? Have you still got a copy of it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, we are following each other, I dunno why it said that. No, I don’t think so :frown: it took a wee while to write as well :/.
Reply 635
Original post by pocahontas lol
I miss his sexy ass. We got into another argument, kind of :s-smilie: Sigh. I'm a volcano...he's a tornado. :indiff:

Is it one that can be worked on or is it a I never wanna speak to you again kind of arguement?
Reply 636
yeah i hope so too. how are you feeling btw?

I feel happy despite feeling worried and anxious so penny mix up of emotions xD.
Original post by lou 22
I feel happy despite feeling worried and anxious so penny mix up of emotions xD.

why are you worried and anxious, you've given some great advice in here so i reckon somebody should at least try to help you
Reply 638
Feeling thristy, could someone please get go downstairs for me and get a drink from the kitchen lol.
Original post by lou 22
Is it one that can be worked on or is it a I never wanna speak to you again kind of arguement?

I have no clue. I think I hurt his feelings/pissed him off. He was trying to give me advice but he wasn't exactly giving constructive criticism. And I let him know he was being offensive and judgmental. Then all of a sudden he's all, I have to go, I have **** to do :s-smilie: I think he's still sleeping now so...I'll see :sad:

Latest