The Student Room Group

A2 Spanish Debate

So we're supposed to have chosen our debate topic by now..
Im evidently on top of things

i have zero ideas except the typical death penalty euthanasia stuff (which I might just do tbh, because it's easy to research) - it's got to be very controversial and I just argue one side. Can be about absolutely anything

Anything politics economics related bores me unfortunately

But any topic suggestions would definitely be appreciated! Cheers
Original post by okcherubble88
So we're supposed to have chosen our debate topic by now..
Im evidently on top of things

i have zero ideas except the typical death penalty euthanasia stuff (which I might just do tbh, because it's easy to research) - it's got to be very controversial and I just argue one side. Can be about absolutely anything

Anything politics economics related bores me unfortunately

But any topic suggestions would definitely be appreciated! Cheers

We were supposed to have chosen by now? :eek: I had no clue

Euthanasia is one I'm thinking of doing it's reasonably easy to do, we've had practices, but you gotta remember your teacher has to do the counter-arguments so you have to be ready for whatever she/he might say
Original post by Mahbuba1997
We were supposed to have chosen by now? :eek: I had no clue

Euthanasia is one I'm thinking of doing it's reasonably easy to do, we've had practices, but you gotta remember your teacher has to do the counter-arguments so you have to be ready for whatever she/he might say

Well my teachers saying it's better to pick other topics - but I don't see how picking a 'typical' topic like abortion can lower your marks - it's how you argue it and what you're saying that counts
And I don't have time to research a brand new topic from scratch lol
Do need high marks for this though godammit
Well my teachers saying it's better to pick other topics - but I don't see how picking a 'typical' topic like abortion can lower your marks - it's how you argue it and what you're saying that counts
And I don't have time to research a brand new topic from scratch lol
Do need high marks for this though godammit

Well unless your classmates are doing it it's fine cos my teacher told me that the examiners would compare you guys if you picked the same and obviously that isn't so great. But yeah you're right the topic doesn't matter, it's the way you say it.
Same here :five: plus I'm retaking AS as well :frown:
Well unless your classmates are doing it it's fine cos my teacher told me that the examiners would compare you guys if you picked the same and obviously that isn't so great. But yeah you're right the topic doesn't matter, it's the way you say it.
Same here :five: plus I'm retaking AS as well :frown:

Yep only 4 of us in the class (party) so all different topics
Oh no, just the aural or the written as well? Tbh it should be easier to get good marks this year so you'll do good!
Yep only 4 of us in the class (party) so all different topics
Oh no, just the aural or the written as well? Tbh it should be easier to get good marks this year so you'll do good!

There's sooo many of us in my class.. there's 2 of us :ahee: exactly that should be ok then, no reason not to

Both cos last year my brain decided to take days off during exam days, especially the oral where I started blabbering like an idiot, I started making words up :rofl:

What do you mean it should be easier? are the grade boundaries changing? :u: please say yes haha
There's sooo many of us in my class.. there's 2 of us :ahee: exactly that should be ok then, no reason not to

Both cos last year my brain decided to take days off during exam days, especially the oral where I started blabbering like an idiot, I started making words up :rofl:

What do you mean it should be easier? are the grade boundaries changing? :u: please say yes haha

2 yeesssssss popular :lol:
Daaaamn that's frustrating but yeah making up words is a pretty bad habit (even if it works like 80% of time :colone: )

Nope haha but assuming your level of spanish is higher than last year (unlike mine) it'll be a breeze!
2 yeesssssss popular :lol:
Daaaamn that's frustrating but yeah making up words is a pretty bad habit (even if it works like 80% of time :colone: )

Nope haha but assuming your level of spanish is higher than last year (unlike mine) it'll be a breeze!

I know right :awesome:
Haha that made me laugh, it doesn't work for me cos both my teachers lived in Spain so they pick up on it :mad:

I'm sure you'll be fine! I mean so long as you aren't going backwards in terms of progress
I know right :awesome:
Haha that made me laugh, it doesn't work for me cos both my teachers lived in Spain so they pick up on it :mad:

I'm sure you'll be fine! I mean so long as you aren't going backwards in terms of progress

Even if the teacher doesn't the examiner sure as hell will! :unimpressed:
And yeah about that.. I'm approx gcse standard so idk what I'm even doing with my life YAY
Even if the teacher doesn't the examiner sure as hell will! :unimpressed:
And yeah about that.. I'm approx gcse standard so idk what I'm even doing with my life YAY

I know :argh:

Nah C'mon you made it past AS. Just get a couple of, as my teacher says, "golden nuggets of grammar" in like subjunctive and make spanish sounds like "jo" or "guau" :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending