The Student Room Group

My friend thinks I'm racist and has fell out with me....

Hi

Basically me and my friend (who are both girls) were really close but I said something stupid and now she has fallen out with me and is telling everyone I am a racist. :frown:

She is Somalian and we were having a conversation about her being Somalian and I asked her why Somalian people always have such big foreheads, like it was a genuine question and I didn't mean anything horribly from it, I was just curious.

She has told everyone I am racist and has twisted the story even more to make me sound more racist. She said I said that all Somalians look like the people from the movie coneheads :confused: and that I was calling her the N word.

I'm really very upset and IDK what to do........ :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Forget about her. She's a hypersensitive liar. Find someone else to hang out with.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi

Basically me and my friend (who are both girls) were really close but I said something stupid and now she has fallen out with me and is telling everyone I am a racist. :frown:

She is Somalian and we were having a conversation about her being Somalian and I asked her why Somalian people always have such big foreheads, like it was a genuine question and I didn't mean anything horribly from it, I was just curious.

She has told everyone I am racist and has twisted the story even more to make me sound more racist. She said I said that all Somalians look like the people from the movie coneheads :confused: and that I was calling her the N word.

What you said might have been slightly indelicate, but what she has done is completely over the top. Are you sure she was your friend to begin with?

I am completely in agreement with the poster above me.
Reply 3
She got butthurt. I mean, forehead-hurt.
lol my best friend is Somalian and we laugh about their foreheads. Your friend needs to grow a sense of humour.
My best friend is very very racist, which makes it weird since im muslim and he repeatedly ridicules and makes fun on islam (one of many subjects he likes to have a go at) an a regular basis. However, the thing is, its not personal, hence why we are very good friends. dont get me wrong, i always have a go at his ,frankly, stupid views as well so its a mutual thing we have. the main thing is we dont take it personally and we have a good laugh at each other.
key to success:
-dont take things personally
Reply 6
Original post by ThePunkyPunkster
My best friend is very very racist, which makes it weird since im muslim and he repeatedly ridicules and makes fun on islam (one of many subjects he likes to have a go at) an a regular basis. However, the thing is, its not personal, hence why we are very good friends. dont get me wrong, i always have a go at his ,frankly, stupid views as well so its a mutual thing we have. the main thing is we dont take it personally and we have a good laugh at each other.
key to success:
-dont take things personally

Are you saying he's racist because he ridicules Islam?
Maybe you meant, erm... religion-ist.
Original post by Groot
Are you saying he's racist because he ridicules Islam?
Maybe you meant, erm... religion-ist.

no, its just one of the many subjects he likes to make fun of. he is genuinely one of the most racist people i have ever met haha. im not going to give you quotes though lol
Reply 8
Original post by ThePunkyPunkster
no, its just one of the many subjects he likes to make fun of. he is genuinely one of the most racist people i have ever met haha. im not going to give you quotes though lol

No problem. Quotes would only be fun if he uses TSR so we could use those quotes to stir drama with him. :lol:
Reply 9
oh god, just leave her tbh it's not worth it
i even bought my best friend a pirate birthday cake as a joke, she found it funny.
You dont need friends like that.

And Somalians clearly do have huge foreheads
Coneheads!? Thats pretty funny
Original post by Groot
She got butthurt. I mean, forehead-hurt.

I feel bad for laughing at that ...

Asking that question isn't racist. It's like asking why black people have naturally wiry hair. It's due to genetics and such...

If you had asked a personality based question (eg. "Why are Asians bad drivers?") it would be horribly racist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Genuinely laughed at that hahaha, like any person should!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Hi

Well I had a childhood friend who is Irish and told me that her father hates black people, because when he was younger a black guy beat him up and stole his bike. Now why did she tell me this, I don't know. And she was kinda smirking. So I looked at her like :indiff: and then moved my seat. I then told my Trini friend who is black and East Indian about my friend what she said.

We were never the same again :s-smilie: But she gave me a clover sticker for St. Patrick's Day :smile: And she hugged me and wished me luck when I said I had to move cities.

That being said I was 12, and not mentally immature in the least, but sensitive. So your friend is probably being a bit sensitive but she has every right to question your values and how they jeopardize hers.

***You also have to be mindful of where you said it, how and the company you were in, as well as the conversation that was going on beforehand. It is also like asking, why do Asians have small pencils. You're generalizing about a whole group when you inquire why they all have a certain characteristic that may or may not be true. It can show racial tendencies. Just sayin'. Be mindful.

&&I'm not one to say your friend was lying about the other stuff...
I just cant understand how telling someone that they have a big forehead equates to being racist? I probably cant comprehend it, because i have such a BIG FOREHEAD :colonhash:
Reply 18
Original post by JamesNeedHelp2
I just cant understand how telling someone that they have a big forehead equates to being racist? I probably cant comprehend it, because i have such a BIG FOREHEAD :colonhash:

I think in this case, it was the fact the OP might have said "why do somalians have big foreheads" which stereotyped a group of people. I agree though, although it might be considered indelicate in how it was asked, it isn't racist, at least not in my mind.
Why do Somalians have foreheads the size of Africa?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending