The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by BlueSkyeCloudyDay
Hi, any lawyers? What are you guys thinking of insuring? I can't decide because literally everything is the same offer. :smile:

Hey! Lawyer here, I'm going with bristol because they are most likely to go down to AAB!
Reply 661
Is anyone else still feeling super, super excited about this whole thing? :ahee:

My offer letter is sitting on my desk and it still feels crazy every time I look at it. I've been spending way too much time looking at things like College music and drama, University-wide media things like the Cherwell and Oxide Radio as well... But I am planning on getting into the rhythm of my actual course workload before taking on all of that!

The thought of studying at New and being immersed in English is exciting enough as it is, without everything else that comes with it as well.
Bit late but got an offer for MChem, but i will be rejecting it or maybe an insurance if my world turns upside down.....
Reply 663
Original post by Oxford_or_bust
Bit late but got an offer for MChem, but i will be rejecting it or maybe an insurance if my world turns upside down.....

That's unexpected, considering your username!
Where would you rather go??!
Original post by Froydel
That's unexpected, considering your username!
Where would you rather go??!

I have a fully funded place at MIT , and the username was just a little tongue in cheek :smile:

So i guess in the grand scheme of things i would be mad to turn it down, I did an open application to Oxford and got an offer for St Hugh's not the most popular college and as much as i loved Oxford MIT is where it's at on a worldwide scale, that and my parents are skint....
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 665
Original post by Oxford_or_bust
I have a fully funded place at MIT , and the username was just a little tongue in cheek :smile:

So i guess in the grand scheme of things i would be mad to turn it down, I did an open application to Oxford and got an offer for St Hugh's........

Wow, well done! Obviously MIT is the place to go :wink:
Hi everyone,

Course: Physics (MPhys)
College: St Anne's
Outome: Offer 90% grades

How I feel: Satisfied and relieved :argh:, but the condition quite made me like:bricks:.

Any other St Anne's Physics people around ?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 667
Original post by Chlorophile
Does anyone know who I should contact in this situation? Basically, I've realised that there is a module (actually more than one, but one in particular) in Oxford's Physics course that's actually extremely relevant to what I want to do after my undergraduate degree and I wanted to find out if the contents in that module is something I could study as part of my Earth Sciences degree (for instance, if it'd be possible to do that as a fourth year project or if it appears in any of the Earth Sciences modules). Is it okay to email the admissions department about this or would this come across as annoying? I don't want to switch to Physics, but I would really like to know if it's at all possible to cover this module in my degree because it's something I'd really like to study. Alternatively, is there any possibility of studying modules from outside of your course?

Not sure if someone answered this but my flat mate is a chemist who now working in physics so it is possible to do research in what your really interested in if your keen and normally you just need a co/supervisor from within your department. The admissions staff won't know what your talking about to be honest and the best people to talk to would be your tutors once you start considering research projects.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Debapratim_dj
Hi everyone,

How I feel: Satisfied and relieved :argh:, but the condition quite made me like:bricks:.

Are you doing A-levels?
Hi everyone,

I have an offer for St Anne's for Physics too. Well done.

Were you there over the interview period?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone,

I'm not a physicist (I've got an offer for CompSci) but it's nice to see so many other people applying to St Anne's from TSR :biggrin: Did either of you get a chance to get involved with the Mafia card game we had going on during interviews? I can't believe we played that past midnight :L
Original post by BanoffeeGuy
Are you doing A-levels?

Hey!...
I'm from India... and I'm doing my State Board.. But I looked at a few Cambridge A Levels... ( Nice illustrations and applications :biggrin: )
Nope...sadly.. I interviewed via Skype.. Must have been real fun to be there !! :frown:
Original post by Rifleboy123
I'm not a physicist (I've got an offer for CompSci) but it's nice to see so many other people applying to St Anne's from TSR :biggrin: Did either of you get a chance to get involved with the Mafia card game we had going on during interviews? I can't believe we played that past midnight :L

Like I said for FelixTheKat... I interviewed via Skype and missed out on all the fun...How about another game at Ox itself if we happen to meet, eh ?:smile::smile:
Like I said for FelixTheKat... I interviewed via Skype and missed out on all the fun...How about another game at Ox itself if we happen to meet, eh ?:smile::smile:

Aww well rest assured you definitely picked the right college! Everybody is so down to earth and friendly :smile: That may well happen as the guy who introduced the game to everyone got in ^^ Are you particularly excited to get involved with anything extra-curricular? I can't wait to try rowing, myself :P
Aww well rest assured you definitely picked the right college! Everybody is so down to earth and friendly :smile: That may well happen as the guy who introduced the game to everyone got in ^^ Are you particularly excited to get involved with anything extra-curricular? I can't wait to try rowing, myself :P

Hey, again.. I'm particularly interested in playing the guitar and maybe join a music ensemble.. Wouldn't mind joining soccer. :smile:
Hey, again.. I'm particularly interested in playing the guitar and maybe join a music ensemble.. Wouldn't mind joining soccer. :smile:

You'll have to stop calling it soccer if you do want to join :wink:
Original post by Lucilou101
You'll have to stop calling it soccer if you do want to join :wink:

Okayy...:wink::wink:

No. But I played the "liar dice" game, naturally losing to the Maths and CompSci applicants.
Original post by Ocean7
Not sure if someone answered this but my flat mate is a chemist who now working in physics so it is possible to do research in what your really interested in if your keen and normally you just need a co/supervisor from within your department. The admissions staff won't know what your talking about to be honest and the best people to talk to would be your tutors once you start considering research projects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But it's not something I need to worry about now? I've just been drawn into a blind panic because I've realised that quite a lot of the PhD project that I might be interested in ask for Physics degrees, not Earth Sciences degrees.

Latest

Trending

Trending