The Student Room Group

Fine Art 2015 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hello!

I just sent off my UCAS. I applied to CSM, Chelsea and Cass for Fine Art then Goldsmiths for Design and Camberwell for Drawing. I'm pretty sure Chelsea is my top choice, but I'm still extremely confused! Does anyone know what sort of timeframe UAL give for interview dates? my portfolio's almost there but still got a fair bit of work! :smile:
Original post by Henna_mb
I sent off my application in on the 11th of november, don't worry they took AGES to reply to even say they'd received it! I was worrying so much!!! They seem just a bit slack, they invited me to an interview on the 23rd of december so it took a while!
xx

Bath is amazing I've lived here my whole life, I'm applying for fine art at Falmouth, and my boyfriend study's there, whenever I come back from visiting him I always think about how lucky I am to live in bath, so many things to do and see, amazing walks in Weston village and good nightlife. Avoid twerton and try out the cosy club!! The crescent and viki park are amazing in the summer to go study/sunbathe on. I really hope you get in!!
Reply 22
Original post by CT1402
Hello!

I just sent off my UCAS. I applied to CSM, Chelsea and Cass for Fine Art then Goldsmiths for Design and Camberwell for Drawing. I'm pretty sure Chelsea is my top choice, but I'm still extremely confused! Does anyone know what sort of timeframe UAL give for interview dates? my portfolio's almost there but still got a fair bit of work! :smile:

I've applied to Goldsmiths as well, but for fine art.
UAL interviews are around March/April time from what I know
and Good luck! :smile:
Reply 23
Anyone applied to MMU or LJUM?
I have a interview with LJMU and Sheffield hallam during feb half term.
I'm applying without a foundation year too, have been offered two places at uclan and Hertfordshire, have had my interview for Lincoln and am waiting to have my interviews for norwich university of the arts and Leeds college of art :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone else applied to uclan? Bc I got an interview date but received a letter two days before saying I had an offer, I believe its bc the caps are off this year so they want numbers but was wondering If this had happened to anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by CT1402
Hello!

My interview at Camberwell is in the end of February. CSM has a 2/03 deadline for mini folios, so it depends when you send it off - the interview can be in March or April. Haven't heard from the rest. Chelsea acknowledged the upload.
Original post by CT1402
Hello!

Heyy! I also applied to Chelsea for Fine Art - they've given me a week to send in my mini portfolio and when I went to the open day there they said they would be doing all their interviews over 2 weeks starting the 2nd of March through to the 13th!

Good luck :smile:

I've also applied to Slade Wimbledon and Kingston - anyone else applying to any of these?!
Hi all, I'm applying for fine art too! I've applied to reading, goldsmiths, bath, coventry and northampton. I've heard back from all of my choices about interviews apart from reading (which is my number 1 choice) anyone know how long they generally take to reply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by C_robinson
Hi all, I'm applying for fine art too! I've applied to reading, goldsmiths, bath, coventry and northampton. I've heard back from all of my choices about interviews apart from reading (which is my number 1 choice) anyone know how long they generally take to reply?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whaaaaa?! you have an interview at Goldsmiths!!! :eek:How long did it take for them (goldsmiths) to reply to you with an interview?
I have an email from them saying that they've got my application.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi I'm applying for fine art at Cardiff met - anyone else applied?

Also...any idea when interviews are likely to be held? I have been out of education and need to rack up a decent portfolio. It's on its way but nowhere near done!
Reply 31
Original post by BinnySkitch
Hi I'm applying for fine art at Cardiff met - anyone else applied?

Also...any idea when interviews are likely to be held? I have been out of education and need to rack up a decent portfolio. It's on its way but nowhere near done!

I don't know when it is specifically for Cardiff Met.
Generally, digital portfolio is from now till the beginning of February; interviews are from February until Mid-April.
Reply 32
Original post by meganabcdefg
Heyy! I also applied to Chelsea for Fine Art - they've given me a week to send in my mini portfolio and when I went to the open day there they said they would be doing all their interviews over 2 weeks starting the 2nd of March through to the 13th!

Good luck :smile:

I've also applied to Slade Wimbledon and Kingston - anyone else applying to any of these?!

I have applied to Slade & Chelsea for Fine Art too! Feeling nervous :redface:... have you sent off your mini-portfolio for Chelsea yet?
Original post by Coco-
I have applied to Slade & Chelsea for Fine Art too! Feeling nervous :redface:... have you sent off your mini-portfolio for Chelsea yet?

Ah cool! yes I sent it off on Monday night! What about you?

I'm soo nervous!! Where else did you apply?
Reply 34
Ah cool! yes I sent it off on Monday night! What about you?

I'm soo nervous!! Where else did you apply?

Ah that's great, yeah I sent mine off the other night - fingers crossed! Have you heard anything since sending it?

I've applied to Goldsmiths and CSM too, how about you?
Original post by Coco-
Ah that's great, yeah I sent mine off the other night - fingers crossed! Have you heard anything since sending it?

I've applied to Goldsmiths and CSM too, how about you?

No I haven't heard anything back yet! Have you? I am really nervous about it! Oh awesome! What's your top choice? I've also applied to wimbledon and kingston! are you on a foundation course at the moment?
:smile:
Reply 36
No I haven't heard anything back yet! Have you? I am really nervous about it! Oh awesome! What's your top choice? I've also applied to wimbledon and kingston! are you on a foundation course at the moment?
:smile:

No me neither, just a confirmation email... it's a waiting game now! Same here, do you have your portfolio prepared if asked for an interview?
I'd say probably Slade, but I know how competitive it is, so CSM is my second choice - what about you? Ah great, my previous art tutor studied at Kingston and he always mentioned what a great experience he had there. Not at the moment no, I finished my foundation course last year so I'm currently on my 'gap year' so to speak... although I'm still saving to go travelling :tongue:. Are you doing a foundation course?
Original post by Coco-
No me neither, just a confirmation email... it's a waiting game now! Same here, do you have your portfolio prepared if asked for an interview?
I'd say probably Slade, but I know how competitive it is, so CSM is my second choice - what about you? Ah great, my previous art tutor studied at Kingston and he always mentioned what a great experience he had there. Not at the moment no, I finished my foundation course last year so I'm currently on my 'gap year' so to speak... although I'm still saving to go travelling :tongue:. Are you doing a foundation course?

Yeah I do have a portfolio ready but I probably want to put more of the stuff that I'm producing at the moment in so hopefully I will be able to - When I went on the chelsea open day they said they would be doing all their interviews between 2nd and 13th of March! I have an interview at Wimbledon mid Feb though! Yeah Slade is my top choice but again I'm not gonna but all my hopes into that because it's so competitive!
And oh cool what are you doing on your gap year? Yeah I'm on a Foundation at the moment and was on a gap year before that!

Where did you do your foundation? :smile:
Reply 38
Yeah I do have a portfolio ready but I probably want to put more of the stuff that I'm producing at the moment in so hopefully I will be able to - When I went on the chelsea open day they said they would be doing all their interviews between 2nd and 13th of March! I have an interview at Wimbledon mid Feb though! Yeah Slade is my top choice but again I'm not gonna but all my hopes into that because it's so competitive!
And oh cool what are you doing on your gap year? Yeah I'm on a Foundation at the moment and was on a gap year before that!

Where did you do your foundation? :smile:

Yeah same here - how many pieces would you say you have in your portfolio? Have you presented your work on portfolio sheets or in the plastic wallets, because I currently have presentation sheets but I've heard from people different requirements so I'm a little unsure on which route to go down? Oh okay, so they are pretty soon then - well good luck for the next stage and for your Wimbledon interview!

At the moment I'm working at a concert venue and am doing a few side projects, but really I'm hoping to go to Europe in the summer - what did you do for your gap year?

At the Bristol School of Art (Queen's Road), where are you studying at the moment? :smile:
Original post by Coco-
Yeah same here - how many pieces would you say you have in your portfolio? Have you presented your work on portfolio sheets or in the plastic wallets, because I currently have presentation sheets but I've heard from people different requirements so I'm a little unsure on which route to go down? Oh okay, so they are pretty soon then - well good luck for the next stage and for your Wimbledon interview!

At the moment I'm working at a concert venue and am doing a few side projects, but really I'm hoping to go to Europe in the summer - what did you do for your gap year?

At the Bristol School of Art (Queen's Road), where are you studying at the moment? :smile:

Erm I haven't actually counted but I'm aiming to put in about 20 pieces probably as I don't want to put in tooo many! What about you? And I've been advised by my course leaders and on a couple of open days not to put stuff in plastic wallets as it reflects light etc so might obscure how they see your work. So I'm just going for presentation sheets! :smile:

What sort of work do you do (like painting/media/sculpture)? Thank you! I am really nervous already haha! Oh nice! Europe sounds good - I really want to travel more around Europe. On my gap year I did a bit of portfolio work and just worked a bit to get some money to pay for my foundation course haha. Before that I actually did Law for a year!

I'm at Oxford Brookes at the moment! Really enjoying the course there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest