The Student Room Group

Cambridge Medicine Outcome Survey 2015

Hey guys!
I'd like to do a small survey regarding those who applied to Cambridge for medicine. Your contribution would be much appreciated to give a clearer view of the selection standards. I will try to compile and process the data as soon as possible. I myself am particularly curious about what are the standards of international offer holders due to higher selection pressures. Do note that I am taking into account only quantifiable stats and not the PS and interview. However, if there's anything about these that are worth a mention, do bring them up in your posts. Thank you.
I'll start off with myself.
GCSEs: 9A*1A
AS UMS: 95%
A2 prediction: 4A*s
BMAT: 6.5, 7.4, 4A
Outcome: Rejection
Were you interviewed? If so why not ask the admissions tutor at the college concerned for some feedback ? I suspect they will say that they had lots of similar applicants and that there were others who performed better at interview.

You clearly are extremely able; I don't know where you intend to practice but do bear in mind in the UK doctors are simply state employed functionaries and are not the movers and shakers in society.

Sorry can't help with your original question (Cambridge medical graduate but a long time ago)
Original post by TJLJT
Hey guys!
I'd like to do a small survey regarding those who applied to Cambridge for medicine. Your contribution would be much appreciated to give a clearer view of the selection standards. I will try to compile and process the data as soon as possible. I myself am particularly curious about what are the standards of international offer holders due to higher selection pressures. Do note that I am taking into account only quantifiable stats and not the PS and interview. However, if there's anything about these that are worth a mention, do bring them up in your posts. Thank you.
I'll start off with myself.
GCSEs: 9A*1A
AS UMS: 95%
A2 prediction: 4A*s
BMAT: 6.5, 7.4, 4A
Outcome: Rejection

I doubt you will find much on TSR. Like the above poster mentioned, it is worth emailing the admissions office to ask for feedback on your application. With this they will tell you how you performed at interview and also shed some light on the average standards amongst applicants and offer holders.

I'm sorry to hear your application was unsuccessful. Best of luck with your other applications! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firstly this and this and this provide a lot of data to be getting on with.

Secondly, whilst I admire your efforts to get primary data, I doubt you will get the sample size you need from here. The way to get specific data is to ask them. Freedom of Information request is the way to go if you can't find the data elsewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending