The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE History!

I'm onto part 3 of my history coursework which is all based on the Vietnam war, i have representations and the meanings of them but I feel they're a bit naff and I don't really know whether I have to write an intro or not (my teacher can't control my class so I don't really know what we're doing)

Please may someone help desperately?!:mad:
All essays need introductions in my opinion; it allows the reader to fully understand what you will be discussing within your essay and provide some background information into your own point of view.

e.g. (a really ****ty example, but this was an intro to an essay I had written a year or two ago in regards to WW1 leadership [with a focus on the rather infamous Douglas Haig])

On 28th June 1914, the Archduke Franz Ferdinand and his wife, Sophie Chotek, were assassinated in Sarajevo, finally igniting pre-existing tensions between the Allies and Central Powers, thus causing the outbreak of World War One and the deaths of approximately 8.5 million soldiers. However, many people believe that some casualties could have been avoided. Consequently, the phrase: “lions led by donkeys” is what many perceive as an accurate description of the commanders’ actions during the war especially during both the Battle of the Somme and the Gallipoli Campaign, for example. I personally believe, however, that whilst the commanders' tactics were often poor, the politicians and governments too contributed in key decisions made, with many ordering their commanders to try and win the war by any means necessary.

I hope this helps :smile: Good luck with your essay!
Just wondering how could historians predict a source that has a wrong statistics and in what way could I test the accuracy of the source?
Reply 3
USA failed in the war because of the tactics used by the Vietcong. Being able to disguise themselves among local villagers, the US troops had no clue who their enemy were or what they looked like. US soldiers were conscripted to the army at a young age of 18-19, only wealthy mostly white young adults were able to go unto university and avoid conscription. So blacks, Hispanics and poorer Caucasians were conscripted; the only problem with this was that moral was damaged. Troops were conscripted for one year and were literally counting the days until when they could go back home.

The Vietcong also used secret passage ways underground to get around and transport supplies - Ho Chi Minh Trail

USA did use chemical warfare like Agent Orange and Napalm to attack however this also affected local innocent civilians terribly.
Original post by weyheyash
I'm onto part 3 of my history coursework which is all based on the Vietnam war, i have representations and the meanings of them but I feel they're a bit naff and I don't really know whether I have to write an intro or not (my teacher can't control my class so I don't really know what we're doing)

Please may someone help desperately?!:mad:

Oh man I remember this coursework...

Bad times

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending