The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vxckyy_
If you don't mind me asking where were your offers and rejections from?

Yeah sure

City: Offer
South Bank: Rejection
Southampton: Rejection
Nottingham: Waiting for Response
Kings: Waiting For Response

Have you got any offers or rejections yet ??
Original post by Shanzii
Yeah sure

City: Offer
South Bank: Rejection
Southampton: Rejection
Nottingham: Waiting for Response
Kings: Waiting For Response

Have you got any offers or rejections yet ??

Nottingham - Rejection
I've only got one interview, done an online test at Northampton and waiting for the rest to respond

also may I ask, do you know how many places roughly for child nursing in most unis??
(edited 9 years ago)
Re: numbers if child nursing places I don't know but would be interested I think edge hill take on around 20-25 x

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have a interview on Monday for Children's Nursing at BCU, any useful tips? Anyone else have an interview Monday? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from Greenwich after an inteview xx
Reply 1145
Original post by jade97x
does anyone know how long it takes to hear back from Greenwich after an inteview xx

It took them about a month to get back to me. Good luck. X
okay thanks what course was it? xx
Reply 1147
Original post by jade97x
okay thanks what course was it? xx

Mental Health Nursing. X
Took a week but i was rejected:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vxckyy_
Nottingham - Rejection
I've only got one interview, done an online test at Northampton and waiting for the rest to respond

also may I ask, do you know how many places roughly for child nursing in most unis??

At least Nottingham got back to you ! I've got a bad feeling about them, the longer they take to reply to me, the more I feel like they're waiting to reject me :frown:

Ermm most unis have 30-75 places for child nursing. That's a small amount compared to adult nursing which is why it is so competitive and hard to get into.

But don't let that put you off :wink:
I've applied to study Child Health Nursing at Plymouth, Bournemouth, Southampton, Cardiff and UWE Bristol.
I had a rejection already from UWE Bristol and I had an interview with Southampton which resulted in a rejection. I've not heard from Bournemouth or Cardiff, but I've got an interview with Plymouth (first choice) in February! :biggrin:
Anyone that has interviewed at Hertfordshire, could you please let me know what sort or level the maths test is. Just wondering what I should revise for? Thank you x
Had my interview at northumbria uni on the 24th of November and not heard anything... Anyone heard anything yet???
How long have people waited for offers/rejections after an interview at Southampton? X
Original post by BellaPembers
How long have people waited for offers/rejections after an interview at Southampton? X

I had my interview on the 9th Jan and haven't heard yet. From what I've seen people who had interviews on the 9th Dec heard on the 24th December so about 2 weeks. Hopefully not long til we hear. When was your interview?:smile:
Original post by alice_c_97
I had my interview on the 9th Jan and haven't heard yet. From what I've seen people who had interviews on the 9th Dec heard on the 24th December so about 2 weeks. Hopefully not long til we hear. When was your interview?:smile:

Only had mine yesterday. They said ten days. I know some unis have a backlog now and some people are waiting weeks. Eek. Looks like Southampton is about two weeks for most. At least I know when to start checking my emails every 5 minutes! :smile:
Original post by Absorbaloff
Hi guys, good luck on all your applications. I'm a third year AN student, so you can ask any questions you're curious about.

Since you're all applying to a wide range of uni's, I wanted to know the intake numbers of nursing courses at different universities for a section in my dissertation. Any help will be appreciated :smile:

Hello! I'm applying for Southampton, Oxford Brooke's (for dual field adult & mental health nursing) Cardiff, UWE and Plymouth (for mental health nursing)
Had an interview at Southampton yesterday and their intake for AN is 280, CN is around 40-60, MHN is 50ish and the two dual field degrees have an intake of 12 for each course!
I got an interview through from Bournemouth for Adult nursing on Wednesday and confirmed it the same day, but it's still showing that I don't have any invitations on "my hub". How long did it take for other people's to change?

Cheers xx
Original post by BellaPembers
Anyone that has interviewed at Hertfordshire, could you please let me know what sort or level the maths test is. Just wondering what I should revise for? Thank you x

Had an interview on Thursday at Hertfordshire, it was basic maths. GCSE standard. Only need to get 4/10 to pass. I would say definitely revise conversion because on the paper I did many questions involved converting ml to litres or grams to mg. I'm sure you'll be fine. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I have an interview at Plymouth University for Adult Nursing on January the 30th!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending